Lady X

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: Lady X

#91 Post by J.J. Walters »

Ok, that's good enough for me. I've added her to the cast list for each episode she appeared in, seven in all. I put in a 'Note' about her in "Blind Justice". I think it's hilarious that the only episode she was credited for was one where we didn't even see her face (only her backside)! I've also added her to the 'Notable Guest Stars' page under the 'Oahu-based Actors & Celebrities' section.

Tina Machado, Miss Hawaii 1985! How about that! Thanks everybody for helping solve this mystery! And marlboro, love that animated gif! :)

Also, I think I may have found another episode where she appeared in -- The Hotel Dick! What do you think?

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#92 Post by KENJI »

Thanks for the updates James!
It's great that we can still find things after all of these years!!
I was looking at the Notable Guest Stars Section and it was interesting to find out that Tina was not the only Miss Hawaii who has been on the show which gives us a pattern that supports our Lady X ID theory just a little bit more. One of the other two ladies that you have down is Lei Maa and I couldn't find her Miss Hawaii info at first, but then I found out her real name (or full name) is Blanche Leialoha Maa Richmond 1979 Miss Hawaii. She married tv star Branscombe Richmond who was on the cast of Renegade (Bobby Sixkiller), also Hawaiian Heat AND MPI (pilot episode - Moki #1, and a few bad guy bit parts). A few more additions/changes for you or Doc - sorry.

It would be interesting to know if there were any other Miss Hawaii title holders that have been on the show that we don't know about.

Not sure on the latest pic for Tina, but I'm curious to know if she is hidden in a few more episodes that we don't know about......our version of Where's Waldo. :lol:
Last edited by KENJI on Mon Nov 03, 2014 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#93 Post by marlboro »

I think you've found another one.

I'm starting to think she's in every episode.

EDIT:
KENJI wrote:Not sure on the latest pic for Tina, but I'm curious to know if she is hidden in a few more episodes that we don't know about......our version of Where's Waldo. :lol:

You read my mind!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#94 Post by KENJI »

marlboro wrote:I think you've found another one.

I'm starting to think she's in every episode.

EDIT:
KENJI wrote:Not sure on the latest pic for Tina, but I'm curious to know if she is hidden in a few more episodes that we don't know about......our version of Where's Waldo. :lol:

You read my mind!

That's hilarious Marlboro!!!! :lol:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#95 Post by J.J. Walters »

Too funny marlboro! :)

So now that the mystery of "Lady X" has been solved, can anyone crack the case of "Lady Y"? She was an extra in many, many episodes. Here is the evidence so far...

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#96 Post by marlboro »

I think I spotted her in this scene from "Let the Punishment fit the crime."

You should start a new thread for her, so we can list some of her appearances.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#97 Post by KENJI »

I think you are right Marlboro. It sure does look like her. Tina has some competition in the appearance dept.
I'll start a new thread named Lady Y and get the ball rolling. I'm hoping MPInstitute played football with a few more guys that have sisters! :lol:

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#98 Post by ConchRepublican »

KENJI wrote:I think you are right Marlboro. It sure does look like her. Tina has some competition in the appearance dept.
I'll start a new thread named Lady Y and get the ball rolling. I'm hoping MPInstitute played football with a few more guys that have sisters! :lol:
Or maybe aunts . . . :wink:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#99 Post by KENJI »

Yes, an aunt might be a better fit here!

MPIinstitute
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#100 Post by MPIinstitute »

Haha. You guys are too funny but I have yet another piece of trivia for you. Minor cast member Carmella Barut grew up in my neighborhood as well. Her brother played Little League baseball with my brothers. She lived one street over from Tina Machado. In fact, a very short walking distance. Wow, what a small world huh.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#101 Post by J.J. Walters »

MPIinstitute wrote:Haha. You guys are too funny but I have yet another piece of trivia for you. Minor cast member Carmella Barut grew up in my neighborhood as well. Her brother played Little League baseball with my brothers. She lived one street over from Tina Machado. In fact, a very short walking distance. Wow, what a small world huh.
Very cool, MPIinstitute!

Here she is in "The People vs. Orville Wright" (1987)

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#102 Post by KENJI »

MPIinstitute wrote:Haha. You guys are too funny but I have yet another piece of trivia for you. Minor cast member Carmella Barut grew up in my neighborhood as well. Her brother played Little League baseball with my brothers. She lived one street over from Tina Machado. In fact, a very short walking distance. Wow, what a small world huh.
Very interesting MPInstitute and a small world indeed!
I'm thinking we can almost start a game of six degrees of separation using your brothers. :lol:
I hope they played loads of sports.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#103 Post by Sam »

She has a lot of videos on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEAJLN0 ... ow&index=3

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#104 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I've been away from the boards for a few months and missed this exciting development. Wow, thanks MPIinstitute for solving the mystery of Lady X! Not surprising that she turns out to be a beauty contest winner.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Rands
Rear Admiral

#105 Post by Rands »

Gentlemen: Sorry to be so late to the Lady X debate, but I think another mystery has been found in the Lady X quest. As referenced in the episode Laura, I think another mystery woman is also in the jeep scene with Lady X. If one looks at the ladies in the back of the jeep, I think one of them is the popular Hawaiian singer and actress Tia Carrere. I have tried to research this particular scene, and the possibility of this new mystery Lady is unknown to me.