The Tom Selleck Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

The Tom Selleck Thread

#1 Post by J.J. Walters »

aka Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV ....
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#2 Post by J.J. Walters »

TS has a small role in the upcoming Disney animated feature Meet the Robinsons, which opens March 30th. He plays Cornelius Robinson, an inventor ("the founder of the future") and father of one of the main characters.

This movie looks like a good one, with stunning graphics. A score by Danny Elfman. Songs by Rufus Wainwright. A "G" rating. My kids and I are there, I tell ya that. ;)

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#3 Post by SelleckLover »

Thanks for the heads up, James.....I don't go to movie theaters anymore, but I'm definitely renting it when it comes out on DVD!

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#4 Post by Shermy »

I'm going to pretend that I knew about this all along, and that my interest in seeing the film is based on more than just a funny dinosaur in the commercials.

That's what I'm going to tell people anyway. :lol:

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#5 Post by J.J. Walters »

Psst! SelleckLover, over here.

Selleck! The Movie

Not sure how to react? Me neither. My wife's first thought was "stalker". It's obviously very well done and must have taken quite a bit of work to make. I like the song choices. Some of the imagery is a little bit unnecessary, IMHO. They seem to be suggesting something ..... something that we all know is not true. ;)

SelleckLover

#6 Post by SelleckLover »

Pssst James!

Very strange, very strange indeed. It just reinforces the notion that "It takes all kinds." It was, on some level, entertaining, just to see what pictures were being used....and the maker of this video.... The Big Beaner????? What's up with that? LOL
Thanks for posting the link, I enjoyed seeing it!

Baseball only lasts a summer, however long that summer lasts. ~Magnum to Mad Buck Gibson

grapeshot
Vice Admiral

#7 Post by grapeshot »

Tom Selleck's two Jesse Stone movies, which aired on A&E in 2006, are slated for DVD release on June 12th.

Link and Link

For those of you who went "huh?", these are the second and third Jesse Stone movies he made. The first was Stone Cold. These three movies are based on a series of Robert Parker novels. I missed the second and third movie, but I saw the first one, and I thought it was among Selleck's best work yet. It was also an interesting story, and one of the most beautifully filmed television movies I've ever seen. Sadly, that's not saying much, but it really had beautiful cinematography, a great moody sountrack, and perfect pacing. You don't normally see this sort of high production values in television movies, so I thought this was a special treat.

Needless to say, I'm eagerly waiting the release of these two movies.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#8 Post by J.J. Walters »

grapeshot wrote:Tom Selleck's two Jesse Stone movies, which aired on A&E in 2006, are slated for DVD release on June 12th.

Link and Link
Whoa, thanks grapeshot! Great news!

Stone Cold was a GREAT movie. It's my favorite Selleck movie, with Ike: Countdown to D-Day coming in at a close second.

I havn't seen Death In Paradise or Night Passage yet. I screwed up the VCR for Death and for Night I think I just completely spaced it; totally forgot when it was on! Man, I can't wait to get these on DVD!

I'm gonna update the main page with this news. Thanks again grapeshot.

:D

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#9 Post by Shermy »

Thanks for the update. I saw Stone Cold and Death in Paradise, but missed Night Passage. I was wondering when they would make it to dvd.

The fourth movie, Sea Change, is scheduled to air May 20 according to the IMDB.

grapeshot
Vice Admiral

#10 Post by grapeshot »

Thanks for posting the air date for the fourth movie. Now THAT was something I didn't know!!

I'm off to send a message to FutureMe as a reminder.

grapeshot
Vice Admiral

#11 Post by grapeshot »

Interesting rumor from TVGuide

It's a short article and I'll quote it, since I don't know how long TVGuide leaves their articles up:
Flying in the face of conventional wisdom that his and Jason Lee's mustaches may not coexist on the same network, Tom Selleck is in talks to fill the void left by the exit of James Caan and join NBC's Las Vegas as the smart, powerful and fun-loving new owner of the Montecito, says the Hollywood Reporter. For Season 5, the show is also looking to find an actress to fill Nikki Cox's... shoes. Yes, her shoes. (Paging Haley Scarnato!)
I don't think TV Guide posts rumors lightly, but I take these things with a grain of salt.

Edited to add: No, I don't normally know these sorts of things, but by pure luck I stumbled onto two Selleck related pieces of news in two days.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#12 Post by J.J. Walters »

Wow, didn't know James Caan had left Las Vegas! And I didn't know Tom Selleck was in talks to fill the void!! :shock:

I havn't watched the show much, but I could see him in it! May not be a bad move for him.

grapeshot, see what else you can dig up on the news wire. ;)

SelleckLover

#13 Post by SelleckLover »

Hello All,

Just a "heads up" for everyone. Go to www.gettyimages.com and there are 14 new pics of TS at the "Meet the Robinson's" Premiere. When you get to the home page, click on "Editorial", then click on "Entertaiment". Type "Tom Selleck" in the search box, and you're there!

Just thought I'd share! :D
Last edited by SelleckLover on Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#14 Post by Shermy »

Amazon has the Jesse Stone dvds available for preorder, including cover art.

Night Passage

Death in Paradise

grapeshot
Vice Admiral

#15 Post by grapeshot »

My DVR found this out for me: Tom Selleck is supposed to be one of the guests on Live With Regis on Friday, May 18th. It's probably to promote his new Jesse Stone movie, which airs Sunday, May 20th.