For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Tom Selleck Thread

#851 Post by KENJI »

Steve wrote:
KENJI wrote:
Thanks for sharing these truly amazing addendums with us Steve! I think it's great that he was invited back to France where they rolled out the red carpet for him! Too bad you were so young when Madame Heller visited.....I can just imagine the stories that were shared that day!
Have you done anything special with the few pieces of his P-38 that he was given (in a glass case, hanging up etc)?
Everything is safe and secure with his wife (widow) at their property in North Carolina where he moved to after he retired from 3M company. The only item I would like to have someday is his Purple Heart but we want to keep all of the mementos together for now. By the way, Kenji, he was one of only four salesman for 3M that sold adhesives to the aerospace industry so even though he never flew again after the war he stayed up on the latest in aviation. My most vivid memory was when I was 16 and we saw Apollo 15 blast off.
Hi again Steve,
Nice to hear everything is safe, secure and altogether!
I think it's great he was able to stay attached to the industry that he truly loved too.
Apollo 15 blasting off - now that's a memory! :shock:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#852 Post by KENJI »

KENJI wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:This morning on the Hawaii News Now Sunrise show they had an interview with Tim Gray, the producer of "Remember Pearl Harbor", and he discusses the documentary and mentions how great TS is narrating it...

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/3381 ... ary-events

I've been checking my local PBS listings but nothing is scheduled yet.....hope you guys get a chance to see it!
Hi RG,
My radar isn't picking up when the documentary is scheduled either.....I'm sure we will know something by next week - can't wait!
Just watched the P.H. documentary and enjoyed it very much! Tom did a great job narrating the special

Here is another great P.H. story......
http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/R ... 10935.html

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/vid ... 5436739652

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#853 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:
Just watched the P.H. documentary and enjoyed it very much! Tom did a great job narrating the special
Hi Kenji!

PMed you a little while ago...how did you manage to already see it? It's still not showing up on my local PBS station's listings on the 7th and I'm in a major metropolitan area. Hey wait a minute............did you go to Oahu for the premiere on Ford Island the other day?! :shock:

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#854 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

You can buy the DVD, digital download, or stream it here : http://www.tmwmedia.com/productlisting/ ... om-selleck I can't find anything about it being broadcast on PBS.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#855 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:You can buy the DVD, digital download, or stream it here : http://www.tmwmedia.com/productlisting/ ... om-selleck I can't find anything about it being broadcast on PBS.
Thanks so much, MagnumsLeftShoulder (every time I see your handle I crack up!)

The original article and the interview on Hawaii News Now both said it would air on about 125 PBS stations around the country after the premiere, which was on December 4th on Ford Island on Oahu. I see it's listed at 8 pm on December 7th on Hawaii's PBS station but I don't think I can get there in time (ha-ha, dream on!)

Thanks again!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#856 Post by ConchRepublican »

Will this be playing at Pearl?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#857 Post by KENJI »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
KENJI wrote:
Hi Kenji!

PMed you a little while ago...how did you manage to already see it? It's still not showing up on my local PBS station's listings on the 7th and I'm in a major metropolitan area. Hey wait a minute............did you go to Oahu for the premiere on Ford Island the other day?! :shock:
I wish that I was there for the big event and of course the 75th anniversary. Pearl Harbor is a very special place, but even more so on December 7th.!
I'm sure your area will get it soon - hang in there.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#858 Post by KENJI »

ConchRepublican wrote:Will this be playing at Pearl?
Hi Conch,
I would guess that it's not based on the length of the show (roughly 1hr20min) too long when you're moving/cycling tours in and out, BUT with it being the 75th. you never know. You'll have to fill us in when you return home. I'm guessing your bags have been packed for at least a week now and sitting next to the front door :wink: ....have fun Conch!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#859 Post by ConchRepublican »

KENJI wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:Will this be playing at Pearl?
Hi Conch,
I would guess that it's not based on the length of the show (roughly 1hr20min) too long when you're moving/cycling tours in and out, BUT with it being the 75th. you never know. You'll have to fill us in when you return home. I'm guessing your bags have been packed for at least a week now and sitting next to the front door :wink: ....have fun Conch!
:D
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Lily
Fleet Admiral

#860 Post by Lily »

Just thought I'd comment here, re the photo of TS and his obvious hand operation. He must have had a carpel tunnel op, so wish him well. Have had operation on both hands and can only hope TS found the same relief after his operation.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#861 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Lily wrote:He must have had a carpel tunnel op
Maybe he was playing too much Dungeon Master! :shock:

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#862 Post by 308GUY »

Happy Birthday Mr.Selleck!

I think this year marks 72 passes of our ball around the big ball...... :lol:

Could be 71...not really sure of his birth year, and don't really consider it important enough to research....whatever the year, today's the anniversary of the day!

:higgins: :magnum: 8)
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#863 Post by KingKC »

It is really hard to believe that MPI premiered some 36-37 years ago...isn't it?

Danny Lin
Vice Admiral

#864 Post by Danny Lin »

Congratulations on your 72nd, Tom!

Enjoy!

As soon as you´re active as Magnum again you´re highly welcome over to Jororo!

Yours,

Danny Lin
... Then I'm history... Walking history... I'll be just another chapter in one of those dumb books Louise Peardon makes me read: "Prince Danny Lin, assassinated July." ...

Kalai-pahoa
Captain

#865 Post by Kalai-pahoa »

Buon compleanno, Tom! (from Italy :wink: )

Happy Birthday, Tom!
I know what you're thinking, but this time you're wrong.