The Roger E. Mosley Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#81 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Roger posted on his facebook page this week after a long absence. http://www.facebook.com/rogeremosley

Maybe he was inspired by Larry, who has been more engaged.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Brian
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Roger E. Mosley Thread

#82 Post by Brian »

Video of Roger briefly talking about why he wanted to become a actor.

http://youtu.be/MRWBgABN8YU
Sneakers Higgins!!

ThomasMagnum
Admiral

#83 Post by ThomasMagnum »

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#84 Post by No need to know! »

Just found this movie. Recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt5Y4fKY5Qw
Onion´s extra?

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#85 Post by terryfromkerry »

No need to know! wrote:Just found this movie. Recommended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt5Y4fKY5Qw
Hi NO NEED,

Looks interesting I must watch it later. Thanks for the "heads up".

:)
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#86 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

What did you guys think of Roger Mosley in the John Wayne movie McQ? I havent seen it in at least 15 years but do recall Roger playing 'Rosey'.
Dukes role in McQ and Brannigan were in essence the same character, a tough old cop.
I understand one of them was a re-worked Dirty Harry script.

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#87 Post by terryfromkerry »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:What did you guys think of Roger Mosley in the John Wayne movie McQ? I havent seen it in at least 15 years but do recall Roger playing 'Rosey'.
Dukes role in McQ and Brannigan were in essence the same character, a tough old cop.
I understand one of them was a re-worked Dirty Harry script.
Loved McQ ! The scene that immediately comes to mind .......... McQ kicks in " Rosey's " front door .... right off the hinges and then says to the startled Rosey , " knock ! knock". Classic " Dirty Harry " ....... and a classic kick ass John Wayne scenario! I suspect this was the re-work.

I must say I rate the terrific car chase sequence finale on the beach up there with my favourite and best car chase collection ........... "Bullit" , "The Seven - Ups" & "French Connection". Roger was excellent as Rosey btw. :magnum:
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#88 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Loved McQ ! The scene that immediately comes to mind .......... McQ kicks in " Rosey's " front door .... right off the hinges and then says to the startled Rosey , " knock ! knock". Classic " Dirty Harry " ....... and a classic kick ass John Wayne scenario! I suspect this was the re-work.
I must say I rate the terrific car chase sequence finale on the beach up there with my favourite and best car chase collection ........... "Bullit" , "The Seven - Ups" & "French Connection". Roger was excellent as Rosey btw. :magnum:[/quote]

Hi Terry,
So glad to find a fellow traveler. My friends just stare at me when I bring up McQ or Brannigan, I got a feeling you and me and the Duke's kids are the only ones who have viewed them. Brannigan is almost as good as McQ but for anyone who has holidayed in London it's fun to watch, what with TowerBridge, Piccadilly Circus etc in it, plus Black Adders Tony Robinson as a poor git John Wayne pushes into the Thames.
Terry, I think you are right, the 'knock knock' line is very Dirty Harryish and McQ must have been the script that started out as a Dirty Harry movie.
John Wayne was projected as Harry when the 1st film in that series was first considered being made, but Hollywood decided he was too old.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#89 Post by Pahonu »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:Loved McQ ! The scene that immediately comes to mind .......... McQ kicks in " Rosey's " front door .... right off the hinges and then says to the startled Rosey , " knock ! knock". Classic " Dirty Harry " ....... and a classic kick ass John Wayne scenario! I suspect this was the re-work.
I must say I rate the terrific car chase sequence finale on the beach up there with my favourite and best car chase collection ........... "Bullit" , "The Seven - Ups" & "French Connection". Roger was excellent as Rosey btw. :magnum:
TerryfromKerry wrote:Hi Terry,
So glad to find a fellow traveler. My friends just stare at me when I bring up McQ or Brannigan, I got a feeling you and me and the Duke's kids are the only ones who have viewed them. Brannigan is almost as good as McQ but for anyone who has holidayed in London it's fun to watch, what with TowerBridge, Piccadilly Circus etc in it, plus Black Adders Tony Robinson as a poor git John Wayne pushes into the Thames.
Terry, I think you are right, the 'knock knock' line is very Dirty Harryish and McQ must have been the script that started out as a Dirty Harry movie.
John Wayne was projected as Harry when the 1st film in that series was first considered being made, but Hollywood decided he was too old.

You're not alone. I've seen both, but remember very little from Brannigan. I thought McQ was pretty good, and definitely remember Roger in the role.

Either of you seen him in Leadbelly? It's a biopic about the blues singer Huddie Leadbetter. He plays the lead and it's a good performance.
Last edited by Pahonu on Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#90 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hi Pahonu,

I loved Brannigan and dont forget Sir Richard Attenborough (Jurassic Park ) who recently passed also starred with the "Duke" in this movie. Two legends of the cinema working together. A terrific car chase sequence took place on Tower Bridge and the final gunfight showdown was inspired . The Duke on foot and the killer shooting from a Jaguar sports car . We know John Wayne was really too old for these roles but his big screen presence and persona carries it off. I am thinking " GO AHEAD PILGRIM MAKE MY DAY" :lol:

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#91 Post by terryfromkerry »

Must :) do some research on IMDB re LEADBELLY.

MikeS
Admiral

#92 Post by MikeS »

...been seeing a bit of Roger on TV over the last few weeks. GSN aired some episodes (I watched 2) of $25000 Pyramid with Dick Clark, Roger was one of the celebrity players, fun seeing him. One of the categories was (I think) Tall TV Characters or something similar, the answers I remember given were Lee Majors (6 Million Dollar Man) and, wait... Tom Selleck (Magnum PI) :magnum:

Just the other day I was watching McQ, TC pops up lookin' all Huggy-Beared-out. TC made it look cool long before poop-dribble-mcdizzle-dogg did.
MikeS

Majordomo
Vice Admiral

#93 Post by Majordomo »

I just found this clip of Roger portraying Sonny Liston in some kind of re-enactment with Muhammad Ali. Anyone know what show/documentary this is from?
"Don't hand me that wretched understatement. I was bloody marvelous."

Mrs. Higgins
Fleet Admiral

#94 Post by Mrs. Higgins »

Majordomo wrote:I just found this clip of Roger portraying Sonny Liston in some kind of re-enactment with Muhammad Ali. Anyone know what show/documentary this is from?
That was the 1977 film "The Greatest". Ali played himself and Ernest Borgnine (Mr. White Death) played Ali's trainer Angelo Dundee.
I'm a Boxley Girl....

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#95 Post by golfmobile »

If anyone wants a DVD of "Leadbelly," it is now available for $9.99 from a site called Zeus, that finds and puts out hard-to-find movies. I have ordered from the site twice and am satisfied with what I received. The digital quality may not be what we generally expect now, but keep in mind that the quality of the original product wasn't digital in the first place and certainly not what we expect now. So the movies available there are quite obviously NOT "digitally remastered." They're just available. If your expectations aren't out of line, considering the original, I think you won't be highly disappointed, if you just know what you're asking for. Just sayin' . . . . .

http://www.zeusdvds.com/leadbelly-1976-dvd/

golf
"Portside, buddy."