The Roger E. Mosley Thread

For discussions about the cast & crew, including guest stars

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Roger E. Mosley Thread

#91 Post by terryfromkerry »

Must :) do some research on IMDB re LEADBELLY.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

MikeS
Admiral

#92 Post by MikeS »

...been seeing a bit of Roger on TV over the last few weeks. GSN aired some episodes (I watched 2) of $25000 Pyramid with Dick Clark, Roger was one of the celebrity players, fun seeing him. One of the categories was (I think) Tall TV Characters or something similar, the answers I remember given were Lee Majors (6 Million Dollar Man) and, wait... Tom Selleck (Magnum PI) :magnum:

Just the other day I was watching McQ, TC pops up lookin' all Huggy-Beared-out. TC made it look cool long before poop-dribble-mcdizzle-dogg did.
MikeS

Majordomo
Vice Admiral

#93 Post by Majordomo »

I just found this clip of Roger portraying Sonny Liston in some kind of re-enactment with Muhammad Ali. Anyone know what show/documentary this is from?
"Don't hand me that wretched understatement. I was bloody marvelous."

Mrs. Higgins
Fleet Admiral

#94 Post by Mrs. Higgins »

Majordomo wrote:I just found this clip of Roger portraying Sonny Liston in some kind of re-enactment with Muhammad Ali. Anyone know what show/documentary this is from?
That was the 1977 film "The Greatest". Ali played himself and Ernest Borgnine (Mr. White Death) played Ali's trainer Angelo Dundee.
I'm a Boxley Girl....

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#95 Post by golfmobile »

If anyone wants a DVD of "Leadbelly," it is now available for $9.99 from a site called Zeus, that finds and puts out hard-to-find movies. I have ordered from the site twice and am satisfied with what I received. The digital quality may not be what we generally expect now, but keep in mind that the quality of the original product wasn't digital in the first place and certainly not what we expect now. So the movies available there are quite obviously NOT "digitally remastered." They're just available. If your expectations aren't out of line, considering the original, I think you won't be highly disappointed, if you just know what you're asking for. Just sayin' . . . . .

http://www.zeusdvds.com/leadbelly-1976-dvd/

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#96 Post by Little Garwood »

Happy Birthday to Roger E. Mosley!

(It's also my wife's birthday, but I digress)
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#97 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I watched the Burt Reynolds/Kris Kristofferson movie Semi-Tough (1977) recently. I was surprised to see Roger playing a pretty major role. The movie itself was a bit meh, but Roger is really great in it. I say this while acknowledging that I always found him a bit stiff in Magnum (even though I loved the TC character). Watching him in Semi-Tough showed me what a great actor he actually is.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#98 Post by Pahonu »

I just saw Roger on The Streets of San Francisco from 1974. He had a small part as a parolee caught up with a crooked P.O. played by Claude Akins. He had a couple of good scenes with Karl Malden. He also played a slick loan shark in an episode of The Rockford Files that was pretty good. Haven't seen that one in a while.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#99 Post by Little Garwood »

Happy 79th Birthday to Roger E. Mosley!

It's also my lovely wife's birthday! She, however, is well shy of her 70s :lol:
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#100 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

terryfromkerry wrote:Hi Pahonu,

I loved Brannigan and dont forget Sir Richard Attenborough (Jurassic Park ) who recently passed also starred with the "Duke" in this movie. Two legends of the cinema working together. A terrific car chase sequence took place on Tower Bridge and the final gunfight showdown was inspired . The Duke on foot and the killer shooting from a Jaguar sports car . We know John Wayne was really too old for these roles but his big screen presence and persona carries it off. I am thinking " GO AHEAD PILGRIM MAKE MY DAY" :lol:
Terry,
You have me pondering what Clint Eastwood would have done in the role as Dirty Harry, a Frisco fish out of water in London.
Harry in London could have layed a
"Crikey mate, you are well out of order. But if you want to chance me shooting off your goolies, go ahead sunshine, make my day" on a miscreant.
A highlight of Brannigan was the requisite extended public brawl scene that one expects in a Duke Wayne flick. It was filmed in a classic English pub, Lambs Tavern(built in 1780), Leaden Hall Market.
I walked right by it when I was there the 1st time, on the flight home my buddy remarked to me that he was surprised I didn't want to go in for a pint, as it was the bar in Brannigan.
I could have strangled him on the spot but the airlines look down on that sort of thing.

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#101 Post by terryfromkerry »

LOL ! :lol:
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#102 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Roger E. Mosley with a fan at "Collective Con" this weekend in Florida...

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#103 Post by J.J. Walters »

Awesome! He's lookin' good! Love the Da Nang cap! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

nha trang
Vice Admiral

#104 Post by nha trang »

Oh man, I wish I could have been in Florida,

Does anyone know a good mailing address to get Roger's signature? I sent one attempt out based on information found on google but I haven't received my SASE back and it's been months now.

Nha Trang

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#105 Post by Steve »

Wonder if he is going to have any involvement with the reboot. The man is still looking good....