1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 97

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#91 Post by MACattack »

Some interesting observations about this episode:
1. it's one of the few episodes without a gunfight.
2. Rick marrying a hooker? Believable, maybe. But the way Rick (Manetti) and Cleo act, it definetly seems written in.
3.T.C. gets back with his wife. I was actually happy to see this happen, and his kids seem ecstatic.
4. the idea of Magnum rejoining the Navy, and leaving the estate "forever" seems weird. I dunno, the producers could have followed through with a Tv movie 2 years later.
I just don't give a damn!

Buck
Captain

#92 Post by Buck »

MACattack wrote:I always wondered what happened to Magnum and the gang. In my imaginative thinking I came up with an idea how they're doing now.

Thomas Sullivan Magnum stayed in Hawai'i because he was stationed at Pearl Harbor and he raised Lily. Not sure if he ever married, but I do know that he really did move off the estate. He probably still had connection with Robin Master so he could stay there if he needed to.

Jonathan Quayle Higgins retired in 2000 and now resides outside London, at his family estate.
There's a different major domo at the Nest, and he's probably British. No doubt, the estate has gone to pot, because nobody's as efficient as Higgy-baby.

Robin Masters gave the Ferrari to Magnum as a going away gift.
Now, there's a 2009 ferrari at the estate!

Rick is married and owns a club on the other side of the island. It's not called the "Snow Palace" but its a classy joint.

T.C. and Bryan run his Island Hopper business together, and it has expanded to the other islands! T.C. was going to retire, but because of the hardships related to the economy, he still flies. Plus, he loves it!

Who cares what happened to Buck Green?

Anyways, maybe somebody else could write about their fictional reunion.
LOL WHAT A GIFT! Could you imagine Magnum taking the Ferrari for a standard service and getting a $10,000 bill for changing the oil and belts? That has to be done every 3 years on a Ferrari 308.

Buck
Captain

#93 Post by Buck »

MACattack wrote:I always wondered what happened to Magnum and the gang. In my imaginative thinking I came up with an idea how they're doing now.

Thomas Sullivan Magnum stayed in Hawai'i because he was stationed at Pearl Harbor and he raised Lily. Not sure if he ever married, but I do know that he really did move off the estate. He probably still had connection with Robin Master so he could stay there if he needed to.

Jonathan Quayle Higgins retired in 2000 and now resides outside London, at his family estate.
There's a different major domo at the Nest, and he's probably British. No doubt, the estate has gone to pot, because nobody's as efficient as Higgy-baby.

Robin Masters gave the Ferrari to Magnum as a going away gift.
Now, there's a 2009 ferrari at the estate!

Rick is married and owns a club on the other side of the island. It's not called the "Snow Palace" but its a classy joint.

T.C. and Bryan run his Island Hopper business together, and it has expanded to the other islands! T.C. was going to retire, but because of the hardships related to the economy, he still flies. Plus, he loves it!

Who cares what happened to Buck Green?

Anyways, maybe somebody else could write about their fictional reunion.
Buck Green was relocated to Los Angeles where his mission was to capture a group of four escaped military prisoners. LOL.

I have to admit I liked Buck Green. There is no doubt what we're getting with him. A hard as nails career military guy.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#94 Post by MACattack »

Magnum got the best Christmas present of all: His Daughter Lily.

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#95 Post by MACattack »

Before I forget....... HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!!!

BobBlusoe
Commander
Location: Currently staying in the guest house at the Robin Masters Estate

#96 Post by BobBlusoe »

I have not yet seen the 8th season (I'm on season 6 right now) but I seem to have a problem with Magnum re-enlisting. I don't know it just seems out of character. But who knows. A lot of the undertones of Magnum seemed to encourage taking a less "blindly following" look at the military and war in general, so to re-join seems a bit weird. then again, I haven't seen it yet. By the way, You guys are really awesome at really getting to the point of the flaws and good things of an episode quickly and fashionably!

I know this is technically a season 7 question, but are there multiple versions of "limbo"? and if so, which version is on the Region 1 dvd? I want to know if I can have it be my finale if i become disappointed with season 8.
Thanks!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#97 Post by J.J. Walters »

Welcome to the site Bob!

Regarding "Limbo", I'm not entirely sure! I originally thought it was the syndicated version, but early press releases for the Season Eight DVD said that the syndicated version of "Limbo" was going to be included as a bonus, leading one to believe that the version in the Season Seven DVD was indeed the original broadcast version.

We havn't been able to find anybody who still has a copy of "Limbo" when it aired on TV. I saw the original broadcast, and, in fact, used to have it on tape, but that "disappeared" a long time ago. I do know/remember that the differences are very minor.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#98 Post by Coops »

I think Magnum reinstating his commission is completely within his character. His is from a navy family and he went to the Naval Academy. The navy is in his blood. I think his time out of uniform just made him realise how much he missed the navy. I know, I went through the same thing myself. I got out in 1990 and went back in in a reserve status in 2001.

Also, J.J., I don't think the photos for this episode are complete with out a shot of Magnum and Lily walking on the beach. That really is the resolution of the entire series, isn't it?

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#99 Post by J.J. Walters »

Completely agree Coops!

I've added the Lily & Magnum shot to the Screen Caps page. What a wonderful way to end the series; a great "final frame"!

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Coops
Fleet Admiral

#100 Post by Coops »

That's what I'm talking about! Thanks J.J.!!!!!!

AJL
Commander

#101 Post by AJL »

IKnowWhatYoureThinking wrote:When Magnum and his grandfather are in the guesthouse smoking cigars I found another flub. When Magnum clips the head off his cigar there is no band on it, but when he lights the cigar there is a band.
Just a few more observations regarding this scene from a cigar smokers perspective:
Actually the one he clips is not even close to being the same cigar. The color of the wrapper is lighter, and it seems to be a figurado (pointed head), while the ones they smoke are londales.
As for the cigars they smoke, if they really are cubans, I'm pretty sure it's a Montecristo No. 1.

http://www.cigars-review.org/Montecrist ... o-No-1.htm
Was vaccinated with a phonograph needle one summer break
Same summer that I kissed her on her daddy's boat
And shot across the lake
Singing all the way...
Oh I say mama
Living Ain't a luxury
Oh I say mama
And a lil' ain't enough for me

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#102 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Fom the band I assumed they were smoking Monte #1's. The figurado he clips is strange though. It isn't a #2 for sure. It looks more like a machine made.

burny
Commander

#103 Post by burny »

might be a flub - i noticed this when i found the video section of this site and
watched the original airing end credit sequence. Devon Gaurd, a small player
who appeared i think in 3 other magnum episodes (the look, who is don luis...,
and the sixth postion) ....never appears in resolutions II.....not that i can spot anyway, but appears in the final credits as playing "Devon".
Perhaps it was a scene that was cut(?) and they didn't remove the
credit.....perhaps somebody can correct me....

Also.....perhaps I didn't pick up on this even though i have watched the entire
series many times, ....doesn't Lily seem too young to be his daughter?
Is her birth date ever broached in the series? Seems she would have been
born during the run of series and not before.

Thx

Burny

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#104 Post by Pahonu »

burny wrote: Also.....perhaps I didn't pick up on this even though i have watched the entire

Thx

Burny
She was born during the course of the series. Magnum and Michelle slept together in Memories are Forever in season 2 and she was conceived then.

burny
Commander

#105 Post by burny »

Pahonu wrote:
burny wrote: Also.....perhaps I didn't pick up on this even though i have watched the entire

Thx

Burny
She was born during the course of the series. Magnum and Michelle slept together in Memories are Forever in season 2 and she was conceived then.
thx P - for some reason in my memory, Lily already existed at that point.