1%
5.0 (Just Awful)
1%

Total votes: 98

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#61 Post by Doc Ibold »

Hey Agatha,

I'd like to say that these are two of the original dogs that played Zeus and Apollo. There were around 5 or 6 of the dogs that actually played them. Plus, the dogs are barely featured in season 8, so maybe time had affected them somewhat.

Either way, nice catch!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#62 Post by J.J. Walters »

Agatha wrote:BUT....BUT...BUT...NOBODY mentioned a REALLY glaring discrepancy in these two episodes!! Not a single one of you flubspotters and reasonableness discerners even MENTIONED....that THE DOGS ARE DIFFERENT!!

In all the episodes of all the seasons, Zeus and Apollo are very similar in size with subtly different markings. In these two episodes, one of the dogs is GIGANTIC...with a HUGE chest that makes his legs look like toothpicks...widely spaced TOOTHPICKS!! He's positively SQUARE in front! Oh...My...God!!
LOL! Agatha! That cracked me up! Just the way you said it. ;)

Actually though, I think the dogs were markedly different starting with Season 8. Check out this photo from "Pleasure Principle"

But Doc's right, they used several different dogs over the years...
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#63 Post by Agatha »

Now this, James, is why I'm NOT a flub spotter!

I don't understand how I can apparently watch all of Season 8 and only...finally...notice that one of the dogs is bigger than the other in the final episode. Sheesh!

I watched Mac is Back today. In the credits it said that somebody...don't remember his name...played a "salior". Does that count? Or does it just RE-emphasize what a TERRIBLE flub spotter I am?

:)
Isn't the ocean beautiful at sunset? So soft....so peaceful...so romantic!

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#64 Post by Italian Ice »

I would say that you spotted a flub there Agatha !!!
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#65 Post by Agatha »

"Outtasight!"

Thanks, Italian Ice!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#66 Post by J.J. Walters »

Agatha wrote:In the credits it said that somebody...don't remember his name...played a "salior". Does that count?
It sure does! I've added it to the guide. You are now an "Official Magnum P.I. Flub Spotter"! ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Agatha
Baroness of Oahu

#67 Post by Agatha »

Ye-haaaa!

Thanks, James!

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#68 Post by MACattack »

I always wondered what happened to Magnum and the gang. In my imaginative thinking I came up with an idea how they're doing now.

Thomas Sullivan Magnum stayed in Hawai'i because he was stationed at Pearl Harbor and he raised Lily. Not sure if he ever married, but I do know that he really did move off the estate. He probably still had connection with Robin Master so he could stay there if he needed to.

Jonathan Quayle Higgins retired in 2000 and now resides outside London, at his family estate.
There's a different major domo at the Nest, and he's probably British. No doubt, the estate has gone to pot, because nobody's as efficient as Higgy-baby.

Robin Masters gave the Ferrari to Magnum as a going away gift.
Now, there's a 2009 ferrari at the estate!

Rick is married and owns a club on the other side of the island. It's not called the "Snow Palace" but its a classy joint.

T.C. and Bryan run his Island Hopper business together, and it has expanded to the other islands! T.C. was going to retire, but because of the hardships related to the economy, he still flies. Plus, he loves it!

Who cares what happened to Buck Green?

Anyways, maybe somebody else could write about their fictional reunion.
I just don't give a damn!

AJL
Commander

#69 Post by AJL »

Wow, there's is really a lot I could say about the finale, but I won't bother you with it all, except that everything have already been said somewhere earlier in the thread.

While I still rated this 8.5, I don't really know. It was just so rushed and such a mess at times. Some of all those sup plots (going home, wedding at home, Ricks wedding, Lily's "revival", meeting up with the old girlfriend, old girlfriend beeing stalked, rejoining the navy, grandfather, TC getting back with his wife, Higgins really beeing Robin or not.... I mean JEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSh do you think thats enought plots for 90 minutes???) should just have been cut or better yet, spread out over more episodes.

Anyway, in the end, what a great show, probably my favoutite of all time :wink:
Was vaccinated with a phonograph needle one summer break
Same summer that I kissed her on her daddy's boat
And shot across the lake
Singing all the way...
Oh I say mama
Living Ain't a luxury
Oh I say mama
And a lil' ain't enough for me

MACattack
Fleet Admiral

#70 Post by MACattack »

Watched this episode again for the 50th time, and I was confused by the end of the bar fight scene. Why weren't Magnum and the gang sitting in jail instead of the street corner, laughing about the brawl?
Maybe they had been given a free pass by Tanaka before his death. They had been in the Honolulu jail so much, the police were probably over it!
I just don't give a damn!

gmt16750
Captain

#71 Post by gmt16750 »

Logical end for magnum, not the best episodes though.
The best moment remains (except Patrice Martinez who is really gorgeous) the chat magnum and higgins have.
What speaks in favour of Higgins isn't Robin masters is the explanation: tradition.
It seems really thrown just to make Magnum more confused..and it works!
I really miss a tv serie with this friendly atmosphere and so great dialogues (so far from today's f...k and other vulgarities... i really enjoyed this well-mannered hero who shouts "turkey" at the people who nearly killed him with their boat on Home from the sea)
Magnum-Higgins is for me the best things ever shown on tv!
Agatha: Why does he always do that, Jonathan?
Higgins: I don't know, Agatha. I think sometimes our creator is testing me. Indeed it could be for no other reason. If i thought otherwise i believe i truly would go irrevocably irretrievably mad!

Zudobug
Lieutenant Commander

#72 Post by Zudobug »

I'm new to this forum but I'm no stranger to forums in general. I recently watched the final episode of Magnum and thought it was one of the best episodes of Season 8. It's not the best episode of the entire run in my opinion but it does rank up there with some of the best.

Resolutions was a nice conclusion to the series and it was enjoyable to see all of the regular recurring characters turning up at Rick's wedding for one last appearance. My only problem with the episode is when they decided to bring back one of Magnum's old flames why did it have to be Linda Lee Ellison? There's no doubt she is nice to look at but I would have thought that it would have been better if they brought back the woman who Magnum got 'engaged' to at the beginning of Season 7.

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#73 Post by Frodoleader »

[quote="Zudobug"]I'm new to this forum but I'm no stranger to forums in general.

Welcome aboard Zudobug. Glad to have you here with us.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Zudobug
Lieutenant Commander

#74 Post by Zudobug »

Thanks Frodoleader. It's always nice to get a warm welcome on a forum.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#75 Post by Doc Ibold »

Aloha!