It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:41 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 22%  22%  [ 17 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 15%  15%  [ 12 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 26%  26%  [ 20 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 14%  14%  [ 11 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 10%  10%  [ 8 ]
7.5 (Decent) 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 78
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:00 am 
Offline
Admiral

Joined: Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:47 am
Posts: 197
marlboro wrote:
Random bits I liked:


"Oh, forget it. That's a stupid story."

Rick checking out his bride's bountiful, heaving...bouquet:

Image

The punchline to the great barroom brawl - the fact that the tough guy was talking about exotic dancer named Cleo on stage and not Rick's girlfriend.

Lads in Tuxes!

Image




A few serious problems I had with the finale:

05. Rick marrying Cleo -
Doc Ibold wrote:
Lets have Rick marry some peripheral character that nobody really has embraced due to her lack of time on the show. Hmmm. Who to pick. Oh wait, who was the prostitute in those two episodes? No, not the one who starred in them! the OTHER one. Yeah! that's the ticket, lets have Rick shack up with her!"
My two cents: They missed a great opportunity by not having Father Paddy officiate the wedding.

04. Quang Ki/Michelle - I don't think Magnum would have rested until he had avenged Michell's murder.

03. Linda Lee Ellison's stalker plot - Just seemed like filler. It wasn't really very interesting and didn't have anything to do with the series as a whole.

02. Magnum reupping:

"What I guess I hadn't considered was that feeling of claustrophobia. Not the kind you get in elevators and airplanes, and small places, but the kind I felt in high school, the IRS office, and sometimes with Higgins. Those situations where other people were making my rules, where I had absolutely no control."

- Magnum in A Pretty Good Dancing Chicken.


I just do not see Magnum ever reenlisting. I know that the last two seasons were about him maturing, but repeating the mistakes of youth isn't a sign of maturity - it's a sign of foolishness. Would Magnum ever put himself in a situation again where he would have to take orders from a man like Buck Green?


01. Not enough camaraderie. The friendship between Magnum, Higgins, TC and Rick is the heart and soul of this series. We've been watching these characters for 8 seasons and it is a shame that so much time was wasted on secondary plots. If the four main characters just sat around a table and discussed their lives over the last 8 years i think it would have been compelling television. Think of all the things they could talk about: Lilly, Michelle, TC's family problems, Rick's sister, Rick's wedding, Mac, Tanaka, Vietnam, and maybe even a story or two about Corky Bostwick. There should have been one last great Higgins/Magnum moment. These are two of the best characters in tv history - they deserved one last classic scene that showed what their relationship was all about.

Well here comes a late answer. I simply agree on every single point just about.

To me the best scene of this episode was the fight in the nudiebar, really fun, and i would have been happy if they just had gone back to the estate and just sat around in the guesthouse and talked about memories. And as a great ending Maggie could have showed up with Lily. THE END :!: :!:

Why would Rick get married, and TC go back to his family, and Magnum go back to the Navy :?: It´s just to much change for me :!: They all seemed happy with their lifes as it were, and i think most of us viewers loved how they lived, yeah really lived fun actionpacked lifes, and then in the end they took that all away and made them boring by settling down. Not pleased with that.

_________________
Onion´s extra?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:19 pm 
Offline
Admiral

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:58 pm
Posts: 190
As much as I wanted to really like this one it just wasn't too good in my opinion. There was too much happening for any one thing to really get a lot of focus on which hurt the impact of it. I'd not say that it was outright "bad" as much as it was lackluster for the finale. I hadn't thought of the Magnum was actually killed in the funhouse theory before, but it actually makes TOTAL sense. The guests hadn't arrived when Magnum left and he wasn't going to be gone long so for them to start the ceremony without a member of the wedding party seemed odd. Lilly wasn't there untill right before Magnum left so how would she have a dress and a part in the wedding. Magnum showing up in his Navy dress uniform and a military haircut during "Here Comes The Bride" to totally upstage the bride on her wedding day? I don't see Magnum making the whole thing about his re-enlisting instead of Rick and Cleo's wedding. Plus, if he was just in a knife fight and still had to get to the wedding would he really stop off at the barber? The white light which signified Magnum's "death" previously. The clues are there to indicate the last few minutes were a dream due to blood loss or something like that.

Magnum made a big deal of saying he'd not re-enlist in the Navy in the first part so for him to do a 180% turn and show up to the wedding in dress uniform was bizzare. The whole Higgins is Robin Masters scenario was not something I ever enjoyed, but for Higgins to admit it and then Magnum to seemingly not believe it was very annoying. Magnum had the whole theory worked out so why would he not know "why" he did it? The fight in the fun house seemed way too out of place. Why would he go into a random alley and then into an unknown funhouse just because someone had whispered his name. Wouldn't he have learned better than to go into places like that after what happened in Limbo? The security gaurd being one of two stalkers (three if you count what Magnum did the previous season) for this TV reporter was kind of surprising, but it came out of nowhere as did his disdain for Magnum. Why wouldn't he hate the guy that had all of the creepy pictures of her instead? They never explained how Magnum would've put Lily in danger if he "investigated." She was brought to him the next day. Why would she not be in danger with him full time as opposed to her trying to locate her a few hours previous? I was also not a huge fan of the bar fight scene as it seemed out of place in this particular episode. It was too much comedy for the sake of comedy in the middle of a dramatic episode.

I did love the subtleness of the guys sitting in front of a poster featuring a "Cleo" performing at the strip club indicating the whole thing was a giant misunderstanding that nobody was aware of having occured. I could buy Magnum's coldness towards The Captain after having just been told Lily was dead and how he was treated by him in VA so I was alright with that. The Captain wanting to make amends, but not wanting to really stick around seemed to fit. I thought it was nice to wrap the show by having Magnum finally leave the estate in some way, but I think it could've been done differently maybe (Magnum gets hired by another billionaire on the mainland, Magnum feels the need to be closer to his family, etc).

One thing I'm having trouble understanding is people on the boards as well as the characters in the show equating Magnum's being a private investigator to not growing up. Private Investigators are a legitamate profession and he had to undergo hundreds of hours of study in order to get licensed. It was also a dangerous profession as he was often in need of being armed and was shot multiple times while performing his job. It's not like he ran a lemonade stand or was a toy store manager. I don't see how his profession was equated to not being a grown up.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:45 am 
Offline
Maniac Emeritus
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:16 pm
Posts: 1739
Location: Detroit
SignGuyHPW wrote:
As much as I wanted to really like this one it just wasn't too good in my opinion. There was too much happening for any one thing to really get a lot of focus on which hurt the impact of it. I'd not say that it was outright "bad" as much as it was lackluster for the finale. I hadn't thought of the Magnum was actually killed in the funhouse theory before, but it actually makes TOTAL sense. The guests hadn't arrived when Magnum left and he wasn't going to be gone long so for them to start the ceremony without a member of the wedding party seemed odd. Lilly wasn't there untill right before Magnum left so how would she have a dress and a part in the wedding. Magnum showing up in his Navy dress uniform and a military haircut during "Here Comes The Bride" to totally upstage the bride on her wedding day? I don't see Magnum making the whole thing about his re-enlisting instead of Rick and Cleo's wedding. Plus, if he was just in a knife fight and still had to get to the wedding would he really stop off at the barber? The white light which signified Magnum's "death" previously. The clues are there to indicate the last few minutes were a dream due to blood loss or something like that.

Magnum made a big deal of saying he'd not re-enlist in the Navy in the first part so for him to do a 180% turn and show up to the wedding in dress uniform was bizzare. The whole Higgins is Robin Masters scenario was not something I ever enjoyed, but for Higgins to admit it and then Magnum to seemingly not believe it was very annoying. Magnum had the whole theory worked out so why would he not know "why" he did it? The fight in the fun house seemed way too out of place. Why would he go into a random alley and then into an unknown funhouse just because someone had whispered his name. Wouldn't he have learned better than to go into places like that after what happened in Limbo? The security gaurd being one of two stalkers (three if you count what Magnum did the previous season) for this TV reporter was kind of surprising, but it came out of nowhere as did his disdain for Magnum. Why wouldn't he hate the guy that had all of the creepy pictures of her instead? They never explained how Magnum would've put Lily in danger if he "investigated." She was brought to him the next day. Why would she not be in danger with him full time as opposed to her trying to locate her a few hours previous? I was also not a huge fan of the bar fight scene as it seemed out of place in this particular episode. It was too much comedy for the sake of comedy in the middle of a dramatic episode.

I did love the subtleness of the guys sitting in front of a poster featuring a "Cleo" performing at the strip club indicating the whole thing was a giant misunderstanding that nobody was aware of having occured. I could buy Magnum's coldness towards The Captain after having just been told Lily was dead and how he was treated by him in VA so I was alright with that. The Captain wanting to make amends, but not wanting to really stick around seemed to fit. I thought it was nice to wrap the show by having Magnum finally leave the estate in some way, but I think it could've been done differently maybe (Magnum gets hired by another billionaire on the mainland, Magnum feels the need to be closer to his family, etc).

One thing I'm having trouble understanding is people on the boards as well as the characters in the show equating Magnum's being a private investigator to not growing up. Private Investigators are a legitamate profession and he had to undergo hundreds of hours of study in order to get licensed. It was also a dangerous profession as he was often in need of being armed and was shot multiple times while performing his job. It's not like he ran a lemonade stand or was a toy store manager. I don't see how his profession was equated to not being a grown up.


Hi SignGuy,

It can be taken from a few different places throughout the show, mainly Magnum's recurring comment of "waking up at 33 and realizing that I had never been 23"

(give or take a year depending on the episode quoted)

:lol:

At least from my perspective, and I think some forum members would agree with me. I don't think its the fact that he's a private investigator that leads to the "not being a grown up" theory, but rather the fact that much of Magnums life has dealt with some serious issues, like the loss of his father, following in the family profession of the Naval Academy, to the horrors of Vietnam and losing more friends, to the seeming loss of his only love.

So due to that, at some point, he said "blank this" and went about recreating the years that he lost in his 20s that he lost in the war. His habits are kind of adolescent in the way he keeps his house, he pretty much mooches off of Robins good graces and lives rather hand to mouth in that he doesn't have much of savings and cons his friends.... All traits of someone who is recapturing his youth.

Which is not to say he doesn't have a code of honor, doesn't take his job seriously, or not have moments of painful introspection as numerous episodes have proven that otherwise. But I think that the way he lived for the greater part of the show (up until around season 5) was to get back that lost youth.

And what better way for a formal NIA officer to put his training to good use than to be a private investigator?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:22 am 
Offline
Fleet Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:49 pm
Posts: 290
Location: California
Doc Ibold wrote:
SignGuyHPW wrote:
One thing I'm having trouble understanding is people on the boards as well as the characters in the show equating Magnum's being a private investigator to not growing up. Private Investigators are a legitamate profession and he had to undergo hundreds of hours of study in order to get licensed. It was also a dangerous profession as he was often in need of being armed and was shot multiple times while performing his job. It's not like he ran a lemonade stand or was a toy store manager. I don't see how his profession was equated to not being a grown up.

Hi SignGuy,

It can be taken from a few different places throughout the show, mainly Magnum's recurring comment of "waking up at 33 and realizing that I had never been 23"

(give or take a year depending on the episode quoted)

:lol:

At least from my perspective, and I think some forum members would agree with me. I don't think its the fact that he's a private investigator that leads to the "not being a grown up" theory, but rather the fact that much of Magnums life has dealt with some serious issues, like the loss of his father, following in the family profession of the Naval Academy, to the horrors of Vietnam and losing more friends, to the seeming loss of his only love.

So due to that, at some point, he said "blank this" and went about recreating the years that he lost in his 20s that he lost in the war. His habits are kind of adolescent in the way he keeps his house, he pretty much mooches off of Robins good graces and lives rather hand to mouth in that he doesn't have much of savings and cons his friends.... All traits of someone who is recapturing his youth.

Which is not to say he doesn't have a code of honor, doesn't take his job seriously, or not have moments of painful introspection as numerous episodes have proven that otherwise. But I think that the way he lived for the greater part of the show (up until around season 5) was to get back that lost youth.

And what better way for a formal NIA officer to put his training to good use than to be a private investigator?

Bravo, Doc! That was the best synopsis of TM's emotional/psychological state (for the first half of the series) that I've ever read. :D

_________________
"Forgive me, it's the champagne."
"No it's not."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:27 pm 
Offline
Captain
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:28 pm
Posts: 61
Location: East of the Sandwich Islands
I gave it an 8. It's a mixed bag. What I didn't like:

The stalker story line. Just seemed like something they threw together so we could have a final Magnum fight seen that wasn't even done very well. And having the climax taking place in…an abandoned fun house??? Sounds like something from frigging “Scooby-Doo”

Rick marrying a hooker??? An at her wedding she looked totally like a slut dressed as a bride for one of her clients fantasies. There was no shortage of attractive women coming into the KKC that Rick could have hooked up with. Rick’s the type of guy who would be only happy with a virginal type as his bride. Oahu’s not that big of an island and as they run into Cleo’s past johns fireworks will happen, as it did at the strip club.

TM reuniting with Lilly, then reenlisting in the USN. Now that he is a father it does make sense that he gets out of the rather dangerous PI business, but reenlisting in the USN…would he not have long hours, plus the possibility of being transferred anywhere around the world? This poor girl has had some incredibly traumatic experiences in her young life. She witnessed her mother getting blown away in a car bombing. The man she really knew as her father is also gone. She’s in a strange land, she has to learn a new language and most of all her and TM have to learn to live together as a father and daughter, they barely know each other. TM really needs to find her a mother. My choice would be Maggie.

What I did like:

Higgins finally coming clean about being RM. And then confounding TM [and us] again, by recanting. I liked what he told TM that the key to subterfuge was constantly maintaining the persona.

The strip club visit, the last time we get the 4 of them together. Funny fight scene, plus some rather hot women in the background.

The lads in their tuxes. Excellent.

Touching final scene in the credits, TM and Lily hand in hand on the beach.

TM turning off the tv at the end of the credits, then clicking good-by to the viewers. Thank you Magnum, for a truly great show that could be incorporate action, suspense, comedy, romance, patriotism, camaraderie and clever plot twists, occasionally doing all this in a single episode.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:33 pm 
Offline
Admiral

Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:58 pm
Posts: 190
Doc Ibold wrote:
SignGuyHPW wrote:
As much as I wanted to really like this one it just wasn't too good in my opinion. There was too much happening for any one thing to really get a lot of focus on which hurt the impact of it. I'd not say that it was outright "bad" as much as it was lackluster for the finale. I hadn't thought of the Magnum was actually killed in the funhouse theory before, but it actually makes TOTAL sense. The guests hadn't arrived when Magnum left and he wasn't going to be gone long so for them to start the ceremony without a member of the wedding party seemed odd. Lilly wasn't there untill right before Magnum left so how would she have a dress and a part in the wedding. Magnum showing up in his Navy dress uniform and a military haircut during "Here Comes The Bride" to totally upstage the bride on her wedding day? I don't see Magnum making the whole thing about his re-enlisting instead of Rick and Cleo's wedding. Plus, if he was just in a knife fight and still had to get to the wedding would he really stop off at the barber? The white light which signified Magnum's "death" previously. The clues are there to indicate the last few minutes were a dream due to blood loss or something like that.

Magnum made a big deal of saying he'd not re-enlist in the Navy in the first part so for him to do a 180% turn and show up to the wedding in dress uniform was bizzare. The whole Higgins is Robin Masters scenario was not something I ever enjoyed, but for Higgins to admit it and then Magnum to seemingly not believe it was very annoying. Magnum had the whole theory worked out so why would he not know "why" he did it? The fight in the fun house seemed way too out of place. Why would he go into a random alley and then into an unknown funhouse just because someone had whispered his name. Wouldn't he have learned better than to go into places like that after what happened in Limbo? The security gaurd being one of two stalkers (three if you count what Magnum did the previous season) for this TV reporter was kind of surprising, but it came out of nowhere as did his disdain for Magnum. Why wouldn't he hate the guy that had all of the creepy pictures of her instead? They never explained how Magnum would've put Lily in danger if he "investigated." She was brought to him the next day. Why would she not be in danger with him full time as opposed to her trying to locate her a few hours previous? I was also not a huge fan of the bar fight scene as it seemed out of place in this particular episode. It was too much comedy for the sake of comedy in the middle of a dramatic episode.

I did love the subtleness of the guys sitting in front of a poster featuring a "Cleo" performing at the strip club indicating the whole thing was a giant misunderstanding that nobody was aware of having occured. I could buy Magnum's coldness towards The Captain after having just been told Lily was dead and how he was treated by him in VA so I was alright with that. The Captain wanting to make amends, but not wanting to really stick around seemed to fit. I thought it was nice to wrap the show by having Magnum finally leave the estate in some way, but I think it could've been done differently maybe (Magnum gets hired by another billionaire on the mainland, Magnum feels the need to be closer to his family, etc).

One thing I'm having trouble understanding is people on the boards as well as the characters in the show equating Magnum's being a private investigator to not growing up. Private Investigators are a legitamate profession and he had to undergo hundreds of hours of study in order to get licensed. It was also a dangerous profession as he was often in need of being armed and was shot multiple times while performing his job. It's not like he ran a lemonade stand or was a toy store manager. I don't see how his profession was equated to not being a grown up.


Hi SignGuy,

It can be taken from a few different places throughout the show, mainly Magnum's recurring comment of "waking up at 33 and realizing that I had never been 23"

(give or take a year depending on the episode quoted)

:lol:

At least from my perspective, and I think some forum members would agree with me. I don't think its the fact that he's a private investigator that leads to the "not being a grown up" theory, but rather the fact that much of Magnums life has dealt with some serious issues, like the loss of his father, following in the family profession of the Naval Academy, to the horrors of Vietnam and losing more friends, to the seeming loss of his only love.

So due to that, at some point, he said "blank this" and went about recreating the years that he lost in his 20s that he lost in the war. His habits are kind of adolescent in the way he keeps his house, he pretty much mooches off of Robins good graces and lives rather hand to mouth in that he doesn't have much of savings and cons his friends.... All traits of someone who is recapturing his youth.

Which is not to say he doesn't have a code of honor, doesn't take his job seriously, or not have moments of painful introspection as numerous episodes have proven that otherwise. But I think that the way he lived for the greater part of the show (up until around season 5) was to get back that lost youth.

And what better way for a formal NIA officer to put his training to good use than to be a private investigator?

Doc, I could totally live with that explanation, but people would call him out on the profession specificly as being something a mature person wouldn't do. It's not his lifestyle or the "woke up at 33 and realising I'd never been 23" story he gives. It's his profession they always reference. That's what I don't understand about it. They act like it's some part time job a high school kid would hold when it's a pretty skilled profession that he went into because of his naval background. It's like if someone retired from the navy as a fighter pilot and then went to work for a major airline as a commercial pilot yet everyone said it was not a job a grown man should be doing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:49 pm 
Offline
Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:06 pm
Posts: 161
Location: Oz
Finally saw this tonight and I'm pretty satisfied, the fight was funny and Higgins 'I lied' is classic :D

Not sure how tightly the stalking sub-plot fight into the story but I'd love to know how Maggie manipulated/forced old Greene to bring TM's daughter home.

Part of me agrees with an earlier post here - what if Unfinished Business was the final? That would have been huge.

_________________
Make it two weeks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:30 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant

Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:02 pm
Posts: 20
The original ending in "Limbo" was much more powerful than this.

But if the series had ended there, I would've missed out on some of the Season 8 episodes that I enjoyed like "Unfinished Business" and "Legend of the Lost Art."

I've just completed watching all of the episodes in order for the first time, a journey that I began in late summer. It's been a fun ride.

I applaud Magnum, PI. Naturally, some episodes were weaker than others but this series was pretty solid overall.

And this website was a great source to use along the way. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:05 am 
Offline
Ensign

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:29 am
Posts: 2
I share Rickley Schneider's sentiments.

I saw each of the episodes during the years they were first broadcast, and once or twice again recently.

Regarding Resolutions (1 and 2 together), I think it is a pretty weak episode. I guess the lead writers were just burnt out by the time they got to writing the finale.

As for Rick marrying Cleo, personally I think he'd have been beyond crazy if he didn't. If I remember correctly, she might have been his longest-running girlfriend during the entire series. (And, Phyllis Davis was still stunning even at age 48.)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 9:53 pm 
Offline
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 8:10 pm
Posts: 5
I'm arriving years after, but having just rediscovered Magnum PI on DirecTV thru OnDemand and having seen a few dozen shows in the past month, I'm enjoying reading folks' take on them all now.

This last show felt awkward to me back in 1988 and it did again earlier today when I watched it. I had never noticed the lack of narration before. The Navy uniform stunned me. And I dislike the notion of it as it is an awkward way to go about supporting your rediscovered daughter by going off to a busy job. What would be better than living on an estate like Robin's Nest with Uncle Higgins?

Rick...was always an irreverent character and so him entering another questionable situation at the series' end made sense to me.

TC's return to his wife had been hinted at in the past so I was okay with it.

Lily being returned to Magnum rather than him finding everlasting love with someone was likely a better ending, but one that I didn't like back at the time.

Like some others that posted earlier, I was entering college as the show wrapped up. I didn't have much appreciation for things that were not happy endings. I appreciate it more now. That being said, it is a shame to me that there was no followup movie, no reunion show, no appearances in 'crossover' fashion in later years. It was an amazing show and cast and setting that had more to offer us all.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 11:42 am 
Offline
Vice Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:56 am
Posts: 118
Location: Buckinghamshire, England
I would like to be fully able to comment on this episode but the channel showing it here in the UK, ITV4, decided to finish it’s run of Magnum PI with Resolutions Part 1 – if proof were ever need of the idiocy of TV channel programmers. So annoying, so I had to come here to moan about it !

However I Youtubed the closing credits sequence and noticed something about the end title music I had to share with you that points to another little detail proving the care taken by the makers of the programme.

On the standard MPI iconic theme ( http://magnum-mania.com/Audio/magnum_pi.mp3 ) it ends with what to me sounds like the quickish guitar riff raising a question which is answered by the rest of the band/orchestra in a way which doesn’t resolve the chord progression, to me the original theme ends in a way that brushes aside the “question” raised by just picking up the speed and repeating a rising motif that peaks to the closing chord.

In the closing titles for Resolutions ( http://magnum-mania.com/Audio/magnum_pi ... finale.mp3 ) the piece is in a slower tempo but it’s the ending which I noticed, this time a slower version of the “question” asked in the original then is, to my untutored ears, answered and the chord progression, after 161 episodes, finally answered.

I may have misread/misheard this and musical analysis is probably best left to those that know it much better than me, but that’s how it sounds to me and it allows me to say: Bravo Mike Post!


Last edited by charybdis1966 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:56 pm 
Offline
Fleet Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:42 pm
Posts: 829
Location: OH
Very astute musical observation!

I agree wholeheartedly, and Idon't think I could've described it anywhere near as accurately.

Credit to Post and Carpenter, unless they had outside/additional help for the closing theme.

Another reminder how music affects us, most the time without our being aware of it.

Ever in a dept. store where they didn't have "muzak" playing over the P.A.?

Music speaks to the deeper parts of us, even if we're not cognizant of it doing so.

Remember the music in Mad Buck Gibson when he launches from the hill? I do.

Nice post Charybdis....sorry to hear the programmers for the station that shows MPI there ignore "logic".

Talk about waiting for the other shoe to drop! :magnum:

Maybe they were trying to be "Magnumesque" by just leaving in the middle of your concentration.....naaaaa.............they just must not be Magnum fans, or they only look at time slots, not content.

Maybe they'll show it at a later date? :lol:

_________________
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:52 am 
Offline
Vice Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:56 am
Posts: 118
Location: Buckinghamshire, England
308GUY wrote:
Very astute musical observation!

I agree wholeheartedly, and Idon't think I could've described it anywhere near as accurately.

Credit to Post and Carpenter, unless they had outside/additional help for the closing theme.



Thanks 308GUY, I'm glad at least one person saw what I was getting at and I like those kind of details the show always had.

I'm hopeful I'll get to see the 2nd part in full at some stage - it'll be worth the wait !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:40 pm 
Offline
Admiral
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:38 am
Posts: 190
Location: Canada
As far as I know at this point, even the new UK Blu-ray set uses the edited version for this episode. If you can get a hold of the German Season 8 set though, you'll find the full version there. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group