7.5 (Decent) 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 18%  18%  [ 7 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 40
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:05 pm 
Lieutenant Junior Grade

This is one of, if not the best "melodrama" episodes of the whole eight series. We have followed these characters for a long time (30+years in my case) and to see them battle with their consciences and suffer emotionally was very moving.

On a different note, I'm not happy about highlighting the following point but it seems to be a major flub that has been missed. In the car park scene, when Magnum instructs Keogh Palmer to tell his boss Forest Bingham to "lay off", Palmer responds by saying "Who the f@!# is Bingham?" I'm sure it's supposed to be "Who's Forest Bingham?", but it certainly doesn't sound like it and the lip movements don't match either. I hope I'm mistaken - this can't have happened in our beloved Magnum P. I., can it?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:58 pm 
Fleet Admiral

I think this episode was just filling in the details of Carol Baldwin's life the same way Tiger's Fan filled in the details of Tanaka's life (posthumously) and somewhat the same way Missing Melody filled in the details of TC's like. Much unlike others I liked Kathleen Lloyd as Carol Baldwin and Eileen Brennan is a superb actress who really helped make this show. It was clearly the most memorable Carol-centric episode and probably the best.

KingKC

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 2:08 am 
Admiral

Eileen Brennan is terrific in this, even if the big 80s hair doesn't help the already-heavy subject matter. :P

And how has no one on here brought up Rick in drag pretending to be Carol yet? :lol:

(Excuse the play button there.)

With that wig, he looks like a late 70s/early 80s arena rocker. :lol: (I'm torn on whether he'd fit in better as a member of Journey or Foreigner. :P)