6.0 (Pretty Bad)
4%
5.0 (Just Awful)
4%

Total votes: 71

Italian Ice
Ahi Sushi & Old Dusseldorf Connoisseur

#41 Post by Italian Ice »

Good review Jay. Yes, this episode, and even Magnum on Ice, didn't do it for me. They were both pretty boring.

Plus, the whole 'parallel universe' where the karate chop works, well that was kind of amusing........
Higgins: " Dispatch the pig!!! "

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#42 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I can't hear the words Murder She Wrote without thinking of The 40 Year Old Virgin. It cracks me up everytime!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#43 Post by J.J. Walters »

LOL IKWYT! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Carol the Dabbler
Fleet Admiral

#44 Post by Carol the Dabbler »

golfmobile wrote:
In the first house listed and described, the writer says the architect was "given free reign . . . . "

AAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

What is HAPPENING to our language???? I would expect that maybe in a high school senior's essay, not in a published magazine!
I've seen the same phrase used in Harvard magazine (yes, that Harvard). I think this sort of thing is becoming common for two reasons:

1. Most people nowadays were born long after the horse-and-buggy era, so have never had occasion to give a horse free rein (i.e., let it go where it wants). They likewise have never had a hard row [of beans, e.g.] to hoe the weeds out of, so somehow they've come up with "a hard road to hoe" (now that would be hard!).

2. Even professional publishers apparently believe that spellcheck takes the place of a proofreader. But spellcheck doesn't care if you use the wrong word -- just as long as you spell it correctly.

As you say, AAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!
Carol

nlgbbbblth
Ensign

#45 Post by nlgbbbblth »

Hi, I have a query regarding this episode.

So the broadcast version is on the region 1 DVD set.

Does anyone know if the version on the region 2 set is the broadcast or syndicated one?

Thanks

HyperCaz
Ensign

#46 Post by HyperCaz »

I have the Region 2/4/5 DVDs. The syndicated ending is the one included, though the Murder She Wrote episode tells a different story in the "previously" part. Same as the R1 DVDs, I take it.

cornell770
Ensign

Love this episode!

#47 Post by cornell770 »

Great crossover episode. Lots of funny moments if you pay close attention. Rating: 9.0.

Carol the Dabbler
Fleet Admiral

#48 Post by Carol the Dabbler »

Hello, Cornell770, and welcome to the Forum!

You're right, this is an especially enjoyable episode for those of us who are Murder fans as well as Magnum fans. And as for paying attention, that's always an advantage!
Carol

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#49 Post by Waterbug Blue »

One detail I like - has anyone noticed the duel of guns? MAGNUM and Cpt BROWNING? I think that's classic writing...

Croix de Lorraine
Admiral

#50 Post by Croix de Lorraine »

Jodykmg365 wrote:The amazing thing to me about John Hillerman is that he is from Texas. He doesn't have the faintest Texas accent in that show. I was thoroughly convinced that he was really English.
He does slip the odd soft T or rolling R every now and then but yes, he is suberb.

snp389
Captain

#51 Post by snp389 »

I reckon the best part of this episode, is the reality of TM taking the terminal shot against Mayfield the hitman.
Military training.

Higgette
Ensign

Re:

#52 Post by Higgette »

Croix de Lorraine wrote:
Jodykmg365 wrote:The amazing thing to me about John Hillerman is that he is from Texas. He doesn't have the faintest Texas accent in that show. I was thoroughly convinced that he was really English.
He does slip the odd soft T or rolling R every now and then but yes, he is suberb.

He sounds to me like a British person who's been in the States for a long time - which is perfect for Higgins!

Doc Fred
Admiral

Re:

#53 Post by Doc Fred »

jimhalinda wrote: Higgins is becoming my favorite character. I can see why Mr. Hillerman won an Emmy for the role.
This passage through the entire series is finding me also looking at Higgins in a really positive way. While Magnum remains my favorite character (all four could really be called "the favorite"), there's great respect for Higgins as a man of honor and integrity. Yes, he's boorish and "British" (not a real knock) at times, but he more than makes up for it with the quality of his character. Yes, a really good man to have as a friend, a friend you could count on.
Woof, woof... thirty years uglier!... woof, woof...

Doc Fred
Admiral

Re: Novel Connection (7.9)

#54 Post by Doc Fred »

Yes, yes, yes... I so agree with so many of you about that witch Pamela... I wanted to rip her throat out several times during the two episodes. Actually, she looks like she could be the twin of one of the women in the community in which I live... I don't like that woman, either. Maybe the look alike coincidence made me dislike Pamela from the beginning, but she was one horrible woman.

Were it not for Goldie, Pamela would be my least favorite non-criminal in the entire series. For anyone to rival Goldie, that person had to be a real loser.
Woof, woof... thirty years uglier!... woof, woof...

ScrapStitching
Ensign

Re: Novel Connection (7.9)

#55 Post by ScrapStitching »

I caught this episode on Encore tonight. I enjoyed the Murder She Wrote crossover. Jessica Walter was great as her usual bitchy self. It still amazes me how many people get shot on this show. I didn't watch when it as new, but now I'm hooked.