Maniac Emeritus

#16 Post by Doc Ibold »

True,

But at work, I'll take what I can get!

:lol:

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by MPS »

Just saw this last night. The fact that the episode had been colororized was a little irritating, but detract from it too much.

The ending, with all of the suspects guilty of the crime, did come from Agatha Christie's Murder on the Orient Express. The main differences are that in Christie's novel, the 12 murderers had planned their crime in advance. It is also purely by chance that Hercule Poirot, the investigator, is on the train, rather than being called in, as was the case in Murder by Night.

Overall, quite an enjoyable episode. As others have mentioned before: only on Magnum, P. I. :wink:
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

Quigley Down Under
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#18 Post by Quigley Down Under »

I think that this is a fantastic episode and also has some clever parallels to the film The Maltese Falcon, Rick's scene which mirrors Joel Cairo with "please put your hands together at the back of your neck. I intend to search your offices" is hilarious!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#19 Post by ConchRepublican »

Welcome Quigley!!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#20 Post by golfmobile »

Welcome, Quigley! (Love your name! Love that movie . . . . )

Tell us a little about yourself.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Quigley Down Under
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#21 Post by Quigley Down Under »

Hi All! I'm I huge fan from Australia, I've read just about every post on this site and thought I may as well join in! Having seen all but Season 8 I'm on the edge of my seat for it to come out in Aus this September!

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#22 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

N1095A wrote:I just discovered this episode, and I have just one thing to say, Jennifer Runyan. Yeah, it's a good episode :wink:
She does make it rather nice to watch doesn't she!

Carmen
MPI

#23 Post by Carmen »

Fun episode.... I like the fact Magnums cigarette is a fake in most of the scenes... must have been difficult for a (as I think) Non-smoker like Tom Selleck to light these many cigarettes, so no wonder he has the "not lighted-version" between his lips most of the time
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#24 Post by golfmobile »

Carmen,

Remember for the Ike: Countdown movie for TV, he HAD to smoke -- I guess the producers decided that smoking was so much a part of Ike, they couldn't fake it or ignore it. If I recall correctly, he then had the habit pretty strongly and had to quit just like any other addicted smoker (SL, correct me if I'm wrong here. You may recall the correct facts.).

However, personally, I wouldn't call anyone who smokes cigars a "non-smoker."

JMO

golf
"Portside, buddy."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#25 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I know he is a cigar smoker, but I don't think that would make it easier to smoke a cigarette. Don't they fill those cigarette with something other than tobacco?

Carmen
MPI

#26 Post by Carmen »

However, personally, I wouldn't call anyone who smokes cigars a "non-smoker."
I don`t know, but somehow, for me smoking cigars isn`t the same, it`s more like aahh, can`t explain, foreign language, you see :wink:
no, to be honest I cannot explain it in german either - my husband smoked cigarettes and my father-in-law cigars, Hubby smoked while working, relaxing, driving a car, reading etc. his Dad smoked a cigar from time to time, sometimes every evening, sometimes just once a week one.

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by MPS »

Must agree with Carmen. My husband enjoys a cigar from time to time. It's a "special occasion" thing. Neither of us regard him as a smoker. On the other hand, my friends who smoke cigarettes, do it all the time.
Higgins: You've washed the car?! How extraordinary. Why would you do such a thing?

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#28 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

MPS wrote:Must agree with Carmen. My husband enjoys a cigar from time to time. It's a "special occasion" thing. Neither of us regard him as a smoker. On the other hand, my friends who smoke cigarettes, do it all the time.
As a cigar smoker I have to agree with this assessment. A heavy week of smoking for me is two cigars. I usually smoke one a week if any at all.

Carmen
MPI

#29 Post by Carmen »

a question to Golfmobile, Sellecklover, MPS, Miss Q and all other female members: why on earth does HE look so "boyish", or call it cute in this episode? Is it only me thinking this? Normally a man wearing a dark suit, hat and all looks very manly, not this guy. Don`t get me wrong, I like the fact I see it that way, just want to know how you feel or see it. :oops:

MPS
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by MPS »

Carmen, I think it's his hair in this episode. Normally, we see TM with his semi-out-of-control curls. His hair is all slicked back, and 40's looking in Murder by Night. It looks the way a boy might have had his hair done by his mom, for a special occasion. You are right, TM does look younger than one would expect, for a man in a suit and tie. It's a good look for him. What the heck, all looks are good for him! :D