6.0 (Pretty Bad)
No votes
5.0 (Just Awful)
2%

Total votes: 98

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#16 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I found it very amusing when Magnum woke Higgins up with the ships bell considering it is usually the other way around. I also found it funny Photo Playwhen Magnum was intruding on Higgins while he was trying to watch Snooker. This too is something else that is usually the other way around.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#17 Post by J.J. Walters »

Another subtle closing credits outtake can found in this episode*. It's the scene where Frank, I mean Michael Doheny, smashes the shaggy-haired guy's head through the window. In the closing credits you see 'Ol Blue Eyes pour a cup of water on the guy's head (after his head is pushed through the window). You never saw this in the actual episode. This sure is one violent episode!

* thanks to Andrew Osborne for pointing out this outtake via email.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#18 Post by golfmobile »

Larry and I were watching this one over the weekend, and there was one scene where TM was in some place where the bad guys had been -- I was looking away at the time -- and Larry said, "Look! He's picking up the cough drop wrappers!" By the time I looked up, the scene had passed that motion. Larry said TM seemed to be examining them as if they were evidence, and then discarded them?

Perhaps THIS explains the cough drop wrappers "Michael" had in his collection of stuff. Can anyone get a screen cap of this action? It seemed he was VERY fond of this episode and it makes sense that he would keep little souvenirs like that of his favorite episode. ????

golf
"Portside, buddy."

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#19 Post by rubber chicken »

Here's two caps of the cough drop wrappers. The first is from 10:45, and the second from 40:28. They were used in the show by Frank Sinatra's character.

Hope you don't mind, I checked out your pictures from the trip and I think you've found a match!

one, two, three, four, five, six
Last edited by rubber chicken on Sun Sep 06, 2009 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#20 Post by golfmobile »

RC,

Thanks so much! That's really neat, isn't it? Imagine, I handled cough drop wrappers touched by both TS and Frank Sinatra. (though, apparently, we'll never see them again -- I think the "Lost Treasures" are lost again -- sort of like Joey, never to be mentioned again . . . . )

At least we know now that there was a reason for saving them. I probably would've saved 'em too!

golf
"Portside, buddy."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#21 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

It's amazing something like that is still around! You'd think they would throw those away after a shoot!

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#22 Post by SelleckLover »

IKWYT wrote:
You'd think they would throw those away after a shoot!
Oh, no...never! They never throw ANYTHING away! My husband worked at Disneyland as a wood carver (he worked on Toon Town in the early 1990s when it was being built) and he said the Disney Studio Warehouse had stuff in it going back to the 1950s! It was all categorized and archived very meticulously so it could be found easily. (We still have some gold coins that were used on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride somewhere in our apartment!) So it stands to reason that when on a small island where it's hard to procure things at a moment's notice, they would keep all the "stuff" they could. :D

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#23 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Interesting. I would think something so small would have been trashed, but I guess it isn't surprising that these studios keep everything.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#24 Post by golfmobile »

The "studio" didn't keep these; "Michael" did. I just got the impression that he was so impressed with working with Frank Sinatra that he wanted a little souvenir of his own of FS' presence on the set. I'm sure the studio didn't mind if he took these little pieces of, in essence, trash paper. JMO

golf
"Portside, buddy."

IKnowWhatYoureThinking

#25 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

Gotcha Golf. I'm sure the studio keeps a lot but I had wondered about couch drop wrappers. You never know what they have in storage. Maybe there are some old bottles of Coops or Old Dusseldorf collecting dust somewhere.

sgk4
Ensign

#26 Post by sgk4 »

Hey I watched this episode again last night... and it only just now dawned on me - does anyone think that Doheny actually pushed that first dude in front of the truck??

Rutledal
Vice Admiral

#27 Post by Rutledal »

Shermy wrote:Kevyn Major Howard just didn't learn in the 1980's, did he? After he raped and killed Paul Kersey's daughter in LA, Kersey shot him in a church.
Kersey kills him in a abandoned hotel. Believe me I'm a total nerd for Death Wish.
So I made a Topic Page about Magnum, P.I. Check it out here.

308GTS
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by 308GTS »

Nearly at the end of Season 7 now (again) and this episode never fails to impress. What a powerful, dark performance from Sinatra. Very sad but a superb episode.

I'd have to say that Season 7 is one of the best seasons, almost up to the classic period, S1, S2 and S3.

Simply superb.
Arun
------

"The only thing that's going to touch you is a 10ft pole"

Jaybird
Admiral

#29 Post by Jaybird »

Absolutely one of the best. I especially like the section near the end. No dialogue, only music, Phil Collins, and the action. Talk about great directing! This is one of my top 3 or 4!

A P Leyland
Captain

#30 Post by A P Leyland »

I'm up to this one next. Looking forward to it. I distinctly remember this episode not being shown in the usual MAGNUM timeslot of 8PM in 1987 here in the UK, rather it was aired much later (10:35pm after the 10:00 news).

This happend with a few US shows if I recall.

Andy