It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:42 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

How Would You Rate This Episode?
10 (Perfect!) 34%  34%  [ 36 ]
9.5 (One of the Best) 38%  38%  [ 41 ]
9.0 (Excellent) 19%  19%  [ 20 ]
8.5 (Very Good) 5%  5%  [ 5 ]
8.0 (Pretty Good) 4%  4%  [ 4 ]
7.5 (Decent) 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
7.0 (Average at Best) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6.5 (Not So Good) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
6.0 (Pretty Bad) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
5.0 (Just Awful) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 107
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:28 am 
Lieutenant

Who is the more formidable antagonist in this episode, the Ripper or the IRS?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:33 pm 
Fleet Admiral

A wise old owl lived in an oak,
the more he saw the less he spoke,
the less he spoke the more he heard,
why cant we all be like that wise old bird!

A poem by Milton Collins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:14 pm 
Lieutenant

One of my favourite and memorable episodes. Like so many have mentioned on this thread, the dumpster scene to Genesis 'mama' is truly epic.
It is a particularly gritty and dark episode but as usual there is a moment of hilarity..the scene when Thomas appears driving the pizza delivery van. comical !!

I have heard it said that this episode was a nod to Miami Vice. With regards to the pacing, editing and general atmosphere, I would agree there is some similarity.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:53 pm 
Fleet Admiral

Boy, for intensity this episode was it. It bordered on frightening. I don't really care much for the dark and pure violence depicted but objectively speaking this was a top notch episode. A lot of members compare this episode in some ways to Laura but the violence here was by the bad guy, not the good guy seeking justice, even though Sinatra/Doheny was intending to administer street justice and may or may not actually have. It is not out of the realm of possibility that a sociopath would taunt TM. Think Zodiac and the taunting of his cryptic letters to the newspapers and/or police. I think that added to the suspense and mystery. Almost a top ten but not a favorite due to the sick violence. I know it isn't real but I still don't really care much for it.

KingKC

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:50 am 
Fleet Admiral

I hated Miami Vice, so I didn't like this episode either. Also, the killer had an incredibly annoying voice, annoying laugh, and annoying style of talking; not to mention he had an annoying face with an annoying gap between his teeth that the annoying camera man decided to constantly zoom in on. I didn't like his shoes either, but I guess the camera man did.

I'm not a fan of Phil Collins / Genesis, or music of that style in general. It sounded like something Stan Bush might have sung for an '80s Cannon Group movie soundtrack. All those '80s soundtrack singers/bands, e.g., Stan Bush, Kenny Loggins, Survivor, Frank Stallone, John Farnham, John Parr, Larry Greene, Mark Safan, Robert Tepper, and so on, had that same singing style, i.e., singing with "passion" (lol).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:26 pm 
Fleet Admiral

MaximRecoil wrote:
I hated Miami Vice, so I didn't like this episode either. Also, the killer had an incredibly annoying voice, annoying laugh, and annoying style of talking; not to mention he had an annoying face with an annoying gap between his teeth that the annoying camera man decided to constantly zoom in on. I didn't like his shoes either, but I guess the camera man did. (lol).

LOL! :lol:

I liked his car :D It was a Fiero.............which is what I make parts for in my "spare" time. :magnum:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:08 pm 
Fleet Admiral

I hadn't watched a Magnum in months and got back into the swing of things with my all time favorite episode! Amazingly, the new girlfriend liked it as well:)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:58 am 
Lieutenant Commander

Normally my favourite Magnum episodes involve the the guys, Higgins, a light plot, lots of Ferrari airtime, an attractive client, etc.

This episode has none of that but it stands out as one of the best anyhow. The use of music does give it a Miami Vice feeling. Interesting that others thought the same.

Great episode.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10