MGI Has Died and Gone to Heaven

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#111 Post by golfmobile »

Sam,

Thanks. I thought it was here, I just didn't go back far enough.
:oops: :oops:

golf
"Portside, buddy."

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: MGI Has Died and Gone to Heaven

#112 Post by 308GUY »

Any way to put the pictures back in this thread?.....(Without giving PB $400!)

:magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#113 Post by golfmobile »

Working on it. Surely I have the pictures on my computer somewhere. Now I just need to FIND them. When (note I hopefully am not saying "if") I find them, I'll post them on another web-hosting site (there are many since the photobucket days . . . ) and post a link here.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#114 Post by golfmobile »

I found them (with no explanation of what any of them are) and uploaded them all to flickr or tumblr or whatever it is now. Someone check and see if this link gets you to all of them. So let me know if this works, and if not, I'll try something else.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/152891874@N07/
"Portside, buddy."

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#115 Post by 308GUY »

Yes! They all work.

Thank you golf, did anybody end up with any of this stuff? I remember seeing the belt buckle, or one just like it on ebay some time ago...think it got up to over $500, but don't recall if it sold or not. Might have seen a couple other items too, like a ring or two. Wouldn't mind having some of those things myself. Just watched "Paper Wars" the other day, and wouldn't mind having that "Cereus Mandevillus" sign, LOL ...but not that hard to duplicate that! :lol:
Also wouldn't mind latching on to the broken RayBans and/or the decapitated rubber chicken...also fairly easy to replicate...but NOT the same as having the "original screen used chicken" :lol: :lol: :lol: More than a few items that would be "treasures" to me. :magnum:

Would REALLY like to find out what happened to the VCR tapes of behind the scenes stuff......as has been mentioned before, the DVD's NEED some "bonus" items, and I can't think of better material than what might have been recorded by those that were there at the time.

Maybe it's been discussed, but I missed it...I mean the thread IS a "little" out of date! :lol:

Thanks KH for taking the time to upload the pics. More than a few folks are having to find new places to host pics, since the PB debacle. :higgins:

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#116 Post by golfmobile »

Glad they worked and thanks for letting me know. As far as I know (i.e., the last time I talked to the guy who showed them to us), he had decided to keep everything due to its sentimental value to him. As for the videos he had, I think they weren't that many VHS tapes but more rolls of 35mm film/footage. The videos may have interesting outtakes, retakes, BTS stuff, etc., but I think they will never be seen or released because he may be in trouble for actually having taken them and now "owning" them. Not sure if he would get himself in trouble if he turned them in. The only thing I really wanted that he had was the calla lily shirt. I'm pretty sure Paradise Found shirt manufacturer has that pattern and makes that shirt, but owning the one worn in the episode about fencing (I think someone identified the pattern as being the one TM was wearing one time when he was holding a foil case and was putting it in the Ferrari? Does that ring a bell?) would be more fun for me -- or anyone probably! But I would wear it and then that would devalue it? Anyway, glad I found the pictures and was able to provide them, if anyone wants to see them.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#117 Post by 308GUY »

WOW! That's a bummer...(I know...I'm "dating" myself....wait...that didn't come out right! :lol: )

Thanks for the update info.

A real shame, but I can fully understand where the owner is with it. Just kind of makes one wonder if he felt that way all along, why make it known he has the stuff at all? Oh well, nobody FULLY understands all of human nature, or ever really will, totally.

I too would consider that shirt a real keepsake, could it be procured. So many things there in that category. All the time and cash I put into finding a ring I was happy with (did finally get one...wear it daily..still!) and there were more than you could shake a stick at ripe for the picking, and NOT available! :cry: Even the brass ones made for stunt doubles would be great keepsakes.

Oh well, c'est la vie ma chérie! :higgins:

Thank you golf for your kind attention and time spent!

Any plans on visiting the estate again? :magnum:

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#118 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Thanks for reposting Golf. Such a blast going through all that stuff.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#119 Post by golfmobile »

Hey, 308 and Styles,

First, no, we have no plan to go back to Oahu. We saw Robin's Nest once and that was GREAT! But Oahu, as far as we are concerned, has so much less to offer than Kauai and Maui. Oahu, to us, is just too crowded and commercialized. Maui's close (to be as commercialized, but it still doesn't have the bad traffic of Honolulu - UGH!!!), but it has good snorkeling, if you know where to look. Kauai to us is the best to visit to "feel" Hawaii. And I have no idea why this former crewman let us know he has the stuff and then decided not to sell. But at least we got to SEE some cool stuff.

Happy to have found the pictures and put them out there for new folks here to see them now.

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#120 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

[quote="308GUY"]Yes! They all work.
Would REALLY like to find out what happened to the VCR tapes of behind the scenes stuff......as has been mentioned before, the DVD's NEED some "bonus" items, and I can't think of better material than what might have been recorded by those that were there at the time.

Hi 308Guy,
Is there really that much of a market for out takes, flubs and behind the scenes tapes
from classic series?
Beyond just for fans like us for Magnum items?
I ask because I helped, in a very small way, a author with his book on Bonanza. We corresponded for awhile and became friendly, he sent me as a present a VCR tape of out takes,flubs,etc.
It was a copy of a tape producer David Dortort had custom made for him out of his personal collection, highlights that had never been shown anywhere except for Dortort's family and friends.
I'm guessing that if I had it transferred to DVD and tried to hawk copies of, that might be illegal.
Also, it might go against the spirit of it being gifted to me to begin with.

Higgins: Don't ruin my whiskey with ice! I'm not a bloody American!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#121 Post by 308GUY »

Hi Dobie:

Market? Probably not other than MPI nuts like myself.

Since just about everything in this world is about money (at least in the market place) I'd have to say, no, there probably is no market for what is contained on those recordings.

But somebody believes there is at least enough of a market for every set of series recordings available, or they wouldn't bother producing and trying to market them.

Naturally, it would depend entirely on what is in/on those tapes, as to their application and appropriateness to be included in the commercially available series package, but as I expressed earlier, I can't think of a better, at least potential source, than things taken from behind the scenes by somebody that was there at the time.

Yea, the owner of those recordings would probably get in trouble for owning them, not to mention trying to sell them, but I guess I was thinking more along the lines of having them in the hands of those putting the packages together, all legal like and licensed to be edited and included as "bonus" material. :magnum:

All academic anyway, doesn't look like they are going to be available!