100 Best TV Shows of All Time

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

100 Best TV Shows of All Time

#1 Post by Frodoleader »

A recent article in Time lists the 100 best shows,

http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/ ... topstories

Unfortunately, I did not see MPI on the list! :(

308GTS
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by 308GTS »

Well, I'd say that list is flawed. Where's Frasier? it doesn't appear on the list and it's quite easily one of the best ever TV shows.

No Frasier, no MPI and yet Pee Wee's Playhouse makes the list...c'mon you gotta be kidding.
Arun
------

"The only thing that's going to touch you is a 10ft pole"

Miss Q
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by Miss Q »

who made up the list, 3rd graders???
Don't look at the dogs, work the lock

MagnumPI_Cat
Commander

#4 Post by MagnumPI_Cat »

American Idol. American Idol is actually a good TV show?! They must have accidentally typed best TV shows instead of worst. I wonder what would happen if we all sent emails complaining that MPI isn't in the list?
Out of my way before I run you down and enjoy it! - Thomas Magnum, Tropical Madness, season 2.

Shermy
Resident Clutterbuck

#5 Post by Shermy »

I'd say a show like The Andy Griffith Show was far more influential than things like Wiseguy or the 1983 tv movie, The Day After. Andy Griffith essentially paved the way for the type of character-driven humor that was later employed by shows like Seinfeld. (Not to mention, I don't believe it has ever been off the air since its debut.)

And if not Magnum, then Rockford should certainly be there to represent the modern detective show. It was certainly far more significant than Felicity, Freaks and Geeks, or Deadwood.

This reads like it was compiled by someone in their 20's, who is really only familiar with television of the past decade or so. Anything beyond that just seems to be lip service for classic shows they have googled.

SelleckLover
RENLEDUN, Protectrix of the Realm

#6 Post by SelleckLover »

I want some of whatever the person who compiled that list is smoking. There were a few shows I never even heard of! To leave out Magnum PI is unforgivable!