Re: CBS orders Magnum PI pilot!

#16 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

CIA contact and girlfriend for a mission in North Korea
This is way too similar to a story Lenkov already told on Hawaii Five-0. :roll:

Coligion
Lieutenant Commander

#17 Post by Coligion »

Styles Bitchley wrote:I love how Coligion just pops in once every year or two with a comment - for more than ten years! Nice to see an old timer still engaged.
Thanks for noticing, Styles! I'll have to up the ante and post a bit more frequently 8)

Justin Lin, of Fast and Furious lore, to direct the CBS Pilot:

http://deadline.com/2018/02/justin-lin- ... 202280712/

☨magnum.t
Admiral

#18 Post by ☨magnum.t »

So it seems Peter Lenkov posted a picture on instagram posing with Larry Manetti and a magnum pi crew jacket. Maybe they are taking good advice??
That reminds me of the time....

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Steve »

☨magnum.t wrote:So it seems Peter Lenkov posted a picture on instagram posing with Larry Manetti and a magnum pi crew jacket. Maybe they are taking good advice??

Hmmmmmm........Larry as the new Ice Pick perhaps?

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by MagnumILWU »

Steve wrote:
☨magnum.t wrote:So it seems Peter Lenkov posted a picture on instagram posing with Larry Manetti and a magnum pi crew jacket. Maybe they are taking good advice??

Or the new Agatha to Ms Higgins! :lol:
"pickled egg please"

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#21 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Steve wrote:

That’s actually a great idea.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Styles Bitchley

2018 Reboot Wardrobe, etc.

#22 Post by Styles Bitchley »

So much of the Magnum character was unique in terms of fashion. Enough so, that it’s easy to put together a Magnum Halloween costume and people will know who you are.

So what will the new creators use in this updated version? Moustache? Tigers cap? Aloha shirts? Lacoste? Rolex GMT? Short shorts? MIA bracelet?

Discuss...
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re: 2018 Reboot Wardrobe, etc.

#23 Post by Steve »

Good question. The original Hawaii 5-0 had those awful Botany 500 suits in a tropical setting so the reboot dressed the characters in a more casual wardrobe. I'm thinking the only holdover for the Magnum reboot might be the Tigers cap although I would love to see the jungle bird shirts......

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#24 Post by Core 4 »

I think that if they connect the universe with Hawaii Five-0, he will play the character from Hawaii Five-0 Nicky 'The Kid' Demarco. He has appeared in 6 episodes so far.

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#25 Post by Core 4 »

Jay Hernandez will play Thomas Magnum in reboot. Very good actor. He is 40 years old, so they did not choose a kid (25 years old) like in MacGyver. And he has the charm that the Magnum had in the original series.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/magnum- ... 202705365/

Styles Bitchley

#26 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Core 4 wrote:Jay Hernandez will play Thomas Magnum in reboot. Very good actor. He is 40 years old, so they did not choose a kid (25 years old) like in MacGyver. And he has the charm that the Magnum had in the original series.

http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/magnum- ... 202705365/
Interesting. Can't say I know the guy - I haven't seen anything he's been in - but that's a good thing. Doesn't look like there's any reference to the old timers (Bellsario, Selleck, etc.) giving any input into the show or the process, which is a shame.

Conch, since it actually looks like this thing is a go, it might make sense to start a new forum for it like there is for Jesse Stone.

- J.Q.H.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#27 Post by Steve »

I loved him in the movie Friday Night Lights so I will give him a chance. I see they also hired Eric Guggenheim as a writer. He wrote the incredible movie, Miracle.

I will predict this Thomas is sans-mustache......

Core 4
Vice Admiral

#28 Post by Core 4 »

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Hernandez's Magnum will don a Detroit Tigers ball cap as Selleck did during the original series, which ran from 1980-88 on CBS. But no word yet on whether he will sport the sort of mustache that helped make Selleck a star and a sex symbol during the '80s (or if he'll have any sort of mustache at all, for that matter).
Last edited by Core 4 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waverly2211
Captain

#29 Post by waverly2211 »

I have met Javier a few times, he's buddies with a friend of my sons. Super nice, but he's all of 5'8" maybe 5'9" and maybe 150lbs.

I am 6'2 and 210 and he seemed very tiny.

I personally don't mind the switch to a man of Hispanic origin, I just wish he was 5-6 inches taller.

Assuming the new Magnum wasn't going to be another white guy, I was hoping for a early 30's Louis Gossett Jr type. An actor who could pull off charm, be serious, nice, comedic and a bully when need be.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#30 Post by K Hale »

Meh.

Never heard of the guy, so he may well be a fine actor, I don't know. But he's not Magnum and never will be. Plus if this dude is 5'8" they'll have to cast a midget or a dwarf to play Higgins.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!