Selleck commemorates 163 for Blue Bloods

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Selleck commemorates 163 for Blue Bloods

#1 Post by ConchRepublican »

Good morning Maniacs!

I thought you all would appreciate this article about Selleck commemorating Blue Bloods matching Magnum PI's 163 episodes.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articl ... and-steel/
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: Selleck commemorates 163 for Blue Bloods

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Working with his longtime friend Doug Turnbull on designing a tasteful tribute to matching the run of Magnum P.I., Mr. Selleck said, “When Magnum ended with 163 episodes, I thought it might be nice to have a memento of those years spent with my friends from the cast and crew. I asked the custom shop at Colt to commission a set of three pistols, Magnum 1 (1911A1), Magnum 2 (Combat Officers ACP) and & Magnum 3 (Mustang .380), all in a beautiful oak and leather case lined with billiard green felt.
That's the first I've heard of this. Thanks for sharing Conch.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#3 Post by ConchRepublican »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Working with his longtime friend Doug Turnbull on designing a tasteful tribute to matching the run of Magnum P.I., Mr. Selleck said, “When Magnum ended with 163 episodes, I thought it might be nice to have a memento of those years spent with my friends from the cast and crew. I asked the custom shop at Colt to commission a set of three pistols, Magnum 1 (1911A1), Magnum 2 (Combat Officers ACP) and & Magnum 3 (Mustang .380), all in a beautiful oak and leather case lined with billiard green felt.
That's the first I've heard of this. Thanks for sharing Conch.
Same here . . . 30 years later and we're still learning something new!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#4 Post by Nikita70 »

Good read. Not only have I followed his career through MPI but also Blue Bloods and his movies as well. Not many actors hold my appreciation as he does. Not many at all.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by eagle »

Nikita70 wrote:Good read. Not only have I followed his career through MPI but also Blue Bloods and his movies as well.
I really came to appreciate him after going through my Magnum DVDs once or twice. I watch the Jesse Stone movies when I find one available to me, but have only otherwise seen him in a few movies (Three Men & a Baby comes to mind) and Blue Bloods. Maybe I should look for others as well.
Not many actors hold my appreciation as he does. Not many at all.
That mirrors how I see him now. Every week, sometime during the Blue Bloods episode, I pause the video and exclaim to my wife "This is the same guy who played Thomas Magnum!" She probably expects that by now. :)

Nikita70
Vice Admiral

#6 Post by Nikita70 »

His western movies are pretty good. His comedies are good, Folks was great but OOP on DVD and expensive. There are 9 Jesse Stone movies, I have them all and really like them.