I'm a little sad...

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

eagle
Fleet Admiral

I'm a little sad...

#1 Post by eagle »

I'm a little sad. I am halfway through Resolutions (at the end of part 1), and I am sad because I'm at the end of the series. Fortunately for me I own the entire series on DVD, so I can start over. :magnum: :higgins:

I think I might go through my 007 discs first, and then I'll go through Magnum again. Magnum really is a great series (my all-time favorite TV show), and I look forward to that.

Also fortunately for us Tom Selleck continues to work, on Blue Bloods at present.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: I'm a little sad...

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I tend to avoid that episode for that very reason. In fact, all of Season 8 feels like a sad denouement to me.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by eagle »

Styles Bitchley wrote:I tend to avoid that episode for that very reason. In fact, all of Season 8 feels like a sad denouement to me.
I have the exact same feeling about all of season 8 in general and this episode in particular.

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#4 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

My cure for that is I block off about three hours and immediately watch both episodes of “Don’t Eat the Snow in Hawaii” right after “Resolutions”. It’s a great way to enjoy the end. The reverse transition from eighties to seventies is always so stark. You see the evolution of the characters and just how they mainstreamed the edges off of Hawaii. I could prattle on forever about my little viewing exercise. Plus, I'm filled with promise because most of the next ten episodes are among my favorites.
Faith and Begorrah!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#5 Post by ConchRepublican »

eagle wrote:I'm a little sad. I am halfway through Resolutions (at the end of part 1), and I am sad because I'm at the end of the series. Fortunately for me I own the entire series on DVD, so I can start over. :magnum: :higgins:

I think I might go through my 007 discs first, and then I'll go through Magnum again. Magnum really is a great series (my all-time favorite TV show), and I look forward to that.

Also fortunately for us Tom Selleck continues to work, on Blue Bloods at present.
I'm working my way through season 8 again now, and I know the feeling.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

ConchRepublican

#6 Post by ConchRepublican »

Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:My cure for that is I block off about three hours and immediately watch both episodes of “Don’t Eat the Snow in Hawaii” right after “Resolutions”. It’s a great way to enjoy the end. The reverse transition from eighties to seventies is always so stark. You see the evolution of the characters and just how they mainstreamed the edges off of Hawaii. I could prattle on forever about my little viewing exercise. Plus, I'm filled with promise because most of the next ten episodes are among my favorites.
Great idea!
CoziTV Superfan spot

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by eagle »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:My cure for that is I block off about three hours and immediately watch both episodes of “Don’t Eat the Snow in Hawaii” right after “Resolutions”. It’s a great way to enjoy the end. The reverse transition from eighties to seventies is always so stark. You see the evolution of the characters and just how they mainstreamed the edges off of Hawaii. I could prattle on forever about my little viewing exercise. Plus, I'm filled with promise because most of the next ten episodes are among my favorites.
Great idea!
Yeah, I love it too. Now to find the ~2.25 hours I will need to finish Resolutions and then watch "Don't Eat The Snow In Hawaii." Shouldn't be too hard over Christmas break. :magnum:

BWheelz54
Admiral

#8 Post by BWheelz54 »

I get a first little dose of this melancholy whenever I finish season three of the show. To me, those first three seasons are Magnum at the show's very best. I love the seasons that follow, but because I enjoy the first three seasons so much, I can't help but think a little bit about the end when Faith and Begorrah finishes up.

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#9 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

eagle wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
Great idea!
Yeah, I love it too. Now to find the ~2.25 hours I will need to finish Resolutions and then watch "Don't Eat The Snow In Hawaii." Shouldn't be too hard over Christmas break. :magnum:

I’ve got them saved from STARZ. “Operation Silent Night” on Christmas Eve and Resolutions/Snow on the 26th. That’s my mental health time for the holidays.
Faith and Begorrah!

ConchRepublican

#10 Post by ConchRepublican »

BWheelz54 wrote:I get a first little dose of this melancholy whenever I finish season three of the show. To me, those first three seasons are Magnum at the show's very best. I love the seasons that follow, but because I enjoy the first three seasons so much, I can't help but think a little bit about the end when Faith and Begorrah finishes up.
I feel the same way . . . those seasons are my faves as well.

I always got a special feeling when I heard the original intro, it was like the old Batman TV series when the Batgirl motorcycle would run across the screen, I knew something special was following.
CoziTV Superfan spot

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#11 Post by Pahonu »

Styles Bitchley wrote:I tend to avoid that episode for that very reason. In fact, all of Season 8 feels like a sad denouement to me.
Well said Styles. I rarely watch season 8 and you put it precisely into words. I know you're a fan of the early seasons too. And to all the other posts here, I also find the first three seasons easily the best, particularly the first two. This has been discussed somewhere before, but those seasons just seem to have a different tone and style. I find myself stopping to watch parts of nearly all of them when they're broadcast. Almost never when the others air. I hardly watch my DVD's anymore, but will flip over to catch those early episodes on TV.

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#12 Post by Hawaii Winds »

I never thought to do that, that way at least I can start again 1-1!