I'm a little sad...

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: I'm a little sad...

#11 Post by Pahonu »

Styles Bitchley wrote:I tend to avoid that episode for that very reason. In fact, all of Season 8 feels like a sad denouement to me.
Well said Styles. I rarely watch season 8 and you put it precisely into words. I know you're a fan of the early seasons too. And to all the other posts here, I also find the first three seasons easily the best, particularly the first two. This has been discussed somewhere before, but those seasons just seem to have a different tone and style. I find myself stopping to watch parts of nearly all of them when they're broadcast. Almost never when the others air. I hardly watch my DVD's anymore, but will flip over to catch those early episodes on TV.

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

Re: I'm a little sad...

#12 Post by Hawaii Winds »

Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:My cure for that is I block off about three hours and immediately watch both episodes of “Don’t Eat the Snow in Hawaii” right after “Resolutions”. It’s a great way to enjoy the end. The reverse transition from eighties to seventies is always so stark. You see the evolution of the characters and just how they mainstreamed the edges off of Hawaii. I could prattle on forever about my little viewing exercise. Plus, I'm filled with promise because most of the next ten episodes are among my favorites.
I never thought to do that, that way at least I can start again 1-1!