Magnum PI clothing advice

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

Re: Magnum PI clothing advice

#11 Post by Pahonu »

Rands wrote:The Sperry Top Sider is the correct early wear shoe, for Magnum. Sperry still manufactures the shoe in the correct style and color. The color is listed as "A/O TAN", item number 0532002, SKU 8 8612 9188 337 (men's size 10 medium). I still wear them, no socks, with my last purchase at Macy's. I hope this helps.

The A/O style is right on, but the shoes he wore most of the time were much lighter than the tan. I have a pair of tan ones right now and I actually prefer them as they don't get as dirty. Two colors that look similar are listed on Amazon, bone and ice.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009O8CTI/re ... B018PEMRXA

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EP8CU6/re ... B018PEMRXA

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#12 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Unknownreddituser wrote:Hey guys, how’s everyone doing? I’m fortunate enough to spend a couple of weeks in some Caribbean islands in January. I’m currebtly growing out a mustache and would really like to put together one outfit to do magnum PI proud. I’ve found a solid shirt to get things going (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007JCOV4I) along with a pair of stonewashed jeans i already own and have my magnum pi box set in transit to brush up on episodes. But after that I’m kind of hitting a standstill. I’ve searched this site, Reddit, and google to try and complete my outfit but hit a bunch of dead links, high costs, or discontinued products. I’m hoping you all might be able to help. I’m going for the jeans, boat shoes, belt, Hawaiian shirt, watch, and glasses. Hoping someone can help me find a similar looking pair if aviators, watch, boat shoes, and bent to complete the outfit without breaking the bank.

For the watch I’m looking To match the chrono sea quartz 30. Does anyone know of a replica or current watch that closely resembles this one at a decent cost?

For the sunglasses I’m going with the aviators. believe they were one of these 3
Ray ban shooter aviators RB3138, Vuarnet Skilynx Aciers, RAY BAN SHOOTER LEATHER BAUSCH & LOMB AVIATOR 1980S VINTAGE SUNGLASSES. Any have a link for something that’s close?

The shoes and belt are the last two things. Once my box set comes in it should jog my memory but I’d like to get something ordered ASAP. I’m thinking I’m looking for either white or offwhite? Boat shoes (maybe Sperry’s?) and a matching khaki belt. Could you all confirm color and maybe provide recommendations on make/type? Or if you could provide a direct link?

Thanks for reading and appreciate anyone’s help
Hard to figure how someone would take the time to join the forum and write a long entry and not have the time to engage or even acknowledge the help they've been given...
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#13 Post by ConchRepublican »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Unknownreddituser wrote:Hey guys, how’s everyone doing? I’m fortunate enough to spend a couple of weeks in some Caribbean islands in January. I’m currebtly growing out a mustache and would really like to put together one outfit to do magnum PI proud. I’ve found a solid shirt to get things going (https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B007JCOV4I) along with a pair of stonewashed jeans i already own and have my magnum pi box set in transit to brush up on episodes. But after that I’m kind of hitting a standstill. I’ve searched this site, Reddit, and google to try and complete my outfit but hit a bunch of dead links, high costs, or discontinued products. I’m hoping you all might be able to help. I’m going for the jeans, boat shoes, belt, Hawaiian shirt, watch, and glasses. Hoping someone can help me find a similar looking pair if aviators, watch, boat shoes, and bent to complete the outfit without breaking the bank.

For the watch I’m looking To match the chrono sea quartz 30. Does anyone know of a replica or current watch that closely resembles this one at a decent cost?

For the sunglasses I’m going with the aviators. believe they were one of these 3
Ray ban shooter aviators RB3138, Vuarnet Skilynx Aciers, RAY BAN SHOOTER LEATHER BAUSCH & LOMB AVIATOR 1980S VINTAGE SUNGLASSES. Any have a link for something that’s close?

The shoes and belt are the last two things. Once my box set comes in it should jog my memory but I’d like to get something ordered ASAP. I’m thinking I’m looking for either white or offwhite? Boat shoes (maybe Sperry’s?) and a matching khaki belt. Could you all confirm color and maybe provide recommendations on make/type? Or if you could provide a direct link?

Thanks for reading and appreciate anyone’s help
Hard to figure how someone would take the time to join the forum and write a long entry and not have the time to engage or even acknowledge the help they've been given...
Quite . . . :higgins:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04