Happy anniversary Magnum PI

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

Happy anniversary Magnum PI

#1 Post by MagnumILWU »

37 yrs ago today, Magnum PI premiered! So in honor of this event, I just ordered a new Arus, green hooded bathrobe! I heve been wearing these since the 80's!
"pickled egg please"

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: Happy anniversary Magnum PI

#2 Post by 308GUY »

Outstanding! :lol:

Thanks for posting the anniversary announcement.
MagnumILWU wrote: I just ordered a new Arus, green hooded bathrobe!
Would you happen to have and care to share a link where these can be ordered? :higgins:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by MagnumILWU »

308GUY wrote:Outstanding! :lol:

Thanks for posting the anniversary announcement.
MagnumILWU wrote: I just ordered a new Arus, green hooded bathrobe!
Would you happen to have and care to share a link where these can be ordered? :higgins:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0024 ... UTF8&psc=1 This is the one I ordered. You can also google Arus bathrobes, to see if you can find a better deal! Or "Green Hooded Bathrobes"!
"pickled egg please"

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

Magnum premiered in December? That's odd. I thought it came out end of September or early October. I guess you're right though if only two episodes later there was Christmas music in the little girls episode.

I never liked Magnum's green robe. Of course, Magnum's fashion sense wasn't that great - except when he was wearing tuxedos or his navy uniform.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:Magnum premiered in December? That's odd. I thought it came out end of September or early October.
There was a writers strike that delayed the start of the fall TV season that year to November/December. Thus, viewers had to wait till November 21st to find out who shot J.R.! :shock:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Steve »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:
Mad Kudu Buck wrote:Magnum premiered in December? That's odd. I thought it came out end of September or early October.
There was a writers strike that delayed the start of the fall TV season that year to November/December. Thus, viewers had to wait till November 21st to find out who shot J.R.! :shock:

And that is part of the famous story that when Tom Selleck had to turn down the Indiana Jones movie due to his Magnum commitment, the strike would have allowed him to do both....As he always says; just a side note now....