Fix for Photobucket Images

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Fix for Photobucket Images

#1 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Hey All,

Many of us are aware of the new photobucket policy that suddenly had all of our photos disappear. Apparently there's a hack that will allow them to work again:

Edit the old post and add "~original" (without the quotes or spaces between "jpg" and "[img]"

I haven't tested it yet, but apparently it will make the photo show again.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Fix for Photobucket Images

#2 Post by ConchRepublican »

Styles Bitchley wrote:Hey All,

Many of us are aware of the new photobucket policy that suddenly had all of our photos disappear. Apparently there's a hack that will allow them to work again:

Edit the old post and add "~original" (without the quotes or spaces between "jpg" and "[img]"

I haven't tested it yet, but apparently it will make the photo show again.
I tried it, it works!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#3 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Awesome! Hopefully it isn’t just a temporary fix!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Sam »

BUMP

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

I was going through the Pahonu thread last night and noticed SO, SO many holes where our beautiful pictures of Pahonu are stored that are now not visible because of photobucket. Now that the old girl is gone :cry: , can those photobucket users please, please, please do the photobucket "fix"? From what I understand it only takes about 10 seconds per pic. Maybe just do a few at at time? And in the other threads too?

Thanks everyone! :D

Here's the fix...

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by T.Q. »

Edit the old post and add "~original" (without the quotes or spaces between "jpg" and "Image
Trying with gif I made.

BOOYA it works!

Thx
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by T.Q. »

May as well share the others I made.

This one when my kids bugging me on the phone.

:magnum:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by T.Q. »

This one just goofy fun.

:magnum:

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by ENSHealy »

I was hoping to be able to view the images on photobucket using the same technique (adding ~original) after .jpg and pasting that in the browser address line, but this does not work.

If anyone else knows how someone who didn't post the image can view it on photobucket using the properties or file info that is still in the post, let me know.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence
The Institute for Advanced Magnum Studies

"I woke up one day at 53 and realized I'd never been 23."

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#10 Post by ConchRepublican »

ENSHealy wrote:I was hoping to be able to view the images on photobucket using the same technique (adding ~original) after .jpg and pasting that in the browser address line, but this does not work.

If anyone else knows how someone who didn't post the image can view it on photobucket using the properties or file info that is still in the post, let me know.
Hi ENSHealy!

Do you mean viewing the photos on the Photobucket site itself? My understanding is that Photobucket albums people share from are private unless they choose to make them public.

The work around of "~original" added to the direct link is for posting pictures FROM one's Photobucket album only.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by ENSHealy »

Do you mean viewing the photos on the Photobucket site itself? My understanding is that Photobucket albums people share from are private unless they choose to make them public.
Yeah, I was hoping I could somehow backtrack to the source photo on photobucket.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by ENSHealy »

Yeah, I was hoping I could somehow backtrack to the source photo on photobucket.
For example, when I right clicked on the photo above with TM in the Groucho nose and glasses, then chose properties, the file name ends in ~original.

If you cut and paste the file name into a new browser window, you get the photo by itself.

I was hoping just adding ~original to the other file names would do the trick, but it doesn't appear to.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

ENSHealy
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by ENSHealy »

ConchRepublican wrote:Do you mean viewing the photos on the Photobucket site itself? My understanding is that Photobucket albums people share from are private unless they choose to make them public.

The work around of "~original" added to the direct link is for posting pictures FROM one's Photobucket album only.
I was hoping that since when you got to photobucket even with the bad links, there was this:

I was hoping that would somehow lead me back to the original image.

Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Ensign Healy
Scholar in Residence

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by T.Q. »

No comments on my gifs?

Some of us get ALL our self-esteem from strangers on the Internet you know?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:magnum: :higgins:

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by 308GUY »

Hey T.Q.!

I love ALL of em'! I just don't post that much anymore.

Keep at em'....I'm sure everybody enjoys them! :magnum:

If I could figure out how to use them myself, I'd probably include them in my emails and such. :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"