Who does Magnum end up with?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: Who does Magnum end up with?

#11 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Reef monkey wrote:Did anyone else have a problem with the Letter To A Dutchess love triangle? So Higgins fell in love with her during World War II, when he was an adult, and so presumably she was too. Let's conservatively say she was 18, and I feel like the scene with her on her estate with the car trouble is supposed to take place early in the War, around the time of the Blitz. That would put her at 63 years old during the episode. Even if you give her the benefit of the doubt and say that occurred late in the war, she'd still be late 50s in the episode, while Magnum is supposed to be mid 30s. She's old enough to be his mother, and that's icky, but not the only problem. She's a high-born dutchess, the highest rank in the English peerage (nobility) system, and ~60 in 1983, would she really be interested and/or think there could be any kind of relationship between her and a 35 year old American beach bum? Beyond that, I always had a problem with the fact that the actress who played the dutchess, besides not physically being in Magnum's league for attractiveness, did not look old enough to have been an adult in World War II, and indeed, the actress was born in 1941. When I watch this episode, I fast-forward through all that, and just watch the surfskiing scenes.
Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me.

Sometimes these things just don't make sense Reef monkey. But that doesn't make them unbelievable.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#12 Post by Hawaii Winds »

Steve wrote:I'm saying, no wishing, that he somehow ended up with Digger.... :wink:
Definitely a hottie!

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#13 Post by Hawaii Winds »

Didn't the D.A.Carol have sorta a thing in Thomas?....maybe in the episode "Compulsion"

Carol
Ensign

#14 Post by Carol »

I vote for Linda....beautiful and smart.
"If there`s an answer, it`s just that it`s just that way"

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#15 Post by marlboro »

I think he had really good chemistry with Mimi Rogers in Italian Ice. I'd probably pick her.

I wouldn't mind if there had been some episodes where he dated Maggie Poole. She was underused, imo.

And though I'm not a big fan of the actress, I kind of wish Jeannie Lowry from Texas Lightning had made one more appearance.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by Steve »

marlboro wrote:I think he had really good chemistry with Mimi Rogers in Italian Ice. I'd probably pick her.
Marlboro, did you catch the 161st episode of Blue Bloods (tying Magnum) with Mimi Rogers...It had a nice ending....

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#17 Post by marlboro »

I'm afraid not. I 'll check it out though.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#18 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:
marlboro wrote:I think he had really good chemistry with Mimi Rogers in Italian Ice. I'd probably pick her.
Marlboro, did you catch the 161st episode of Blue Bloods (tying Magnum) with Mimi Rogers...It had a nice ending....
I noted the same thing . . . I wonder how many others made the connection.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Rands
Rear Admiral

#19 Post by Rands »

Given my tastes: Linda. I agree with member Carol, beautiful, smart, smoldering. SMOLDERING: Is the slow, low temperature, flameless from of combustion, sustained by heat ......

rasgards
Rear Admiral

#20 Post by rasgards »

I'd say the lovely Linda Lee is the obvious answer.

Although one of my favorite TM relationships was in "Little Games". There was definitely chemistry between TM and Krista Villaroch. Besides Michelle, there weren't too many ladies that affected Magnum like she did. It's certainly one of my favorite endings.

Image Image
Ras G