Who does Magnum end up with?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumFan
Captain

Who does Magnum end up with?

#1 Post by MagnumFan »

I can him either marrying Linda, or Cynthia. Who you place higher odds on?

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: Who does Magnum end up with?

#2 Post by 308GUY »

I still think the Maggie Poole connection should have been built on. But I guess there really wasn't any "relationship" stuff between them, but I think there coulda/shoulda been!

Or maybe he ended up with cousin Sally? :magnum: :lol:

Interesting question none-the-less, and another one we will probably never know the answer to, other than what we come up with in our own imaginations. :higgins:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

MHTR
Vice Admiral

#3 Post by MHTR »

If I were Magnum, I'd go with Linda.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#4 Post by ConchRepublican »

308GUY wrote:I still think the Maggie Poole connection should have been built on. But I guess there really wasn't any "relationship" stuff between them, but I think there coulda/shoulda been!

Or maybe he ended up with cousin Sally? :magnum: :lol:

Interesting question none-the-less, and another one we will probably never know the answer to, other than what we come up with in our own imaginations. :higgins:
I agree, I always felt Maggie was the best "fit" for him. Smart, tough yet sensitive and vulnerable . . . Thomas had a weak spot for the damsells in distress but I think in the long haul he'd need someone who could take care of themselves as well.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Steve »

I'm saying, no wishing, that he somehow ended up with Digger.... :wink:

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#6 Post by Hawaii Winds »

Steve wrote:I'm saying, no wishing, that he somehow ended up with Digger.... :wink:

J. "Digger" Doyle...total hottie back in the day!

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by No need to know! »

I think Miss Fowler would have been a good fit for Magnum.

But who knows. Wasn´t there some tension between Magnum and Yuri? No joke.
ImageImage
Onion´s extra?

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#8 Post by Hawaii Winds »

No need to know! wrote:I think Miss Fowler would have been a good fit for Magnum.

But who knows. Wasn´t there some tension between Magnum and Yuri? No joke.
ImageImage
LOL!!!!!

Reef monkey
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Reef monkey »

MHTR wrote:If I were Magnum, I'd go with Linda.

Second that, I've had the hots for her since Three Amigos.
My essay "In Country: Place and Historical Connection in Magnum PI", about the importance of the Honolulu/Vietnam connection in the show:
http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... 850#p57850

Reef monkey
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Reef monkey »

Did anyone else have a problem with the Letter To A Dutchess love triangle? So Higgins fell in love with her during World War II, when he was an adult, and so presumably she was too. Let's conservatively say she was 18, and I feel like the scene with her on her estate with the car trouble is supposed to take place early in the War, around the time of the Blitz. That would put her at 63 years old during the episode. Even if you give her the benefit of the doubt and say that occurred late in the war, she'd still be late 50s in the episode, while Magnum is supposed to be mid 30s. She's old enough to be his mother, and that's icky, but not the only problem. She's a high-born dutchess, the highest rank in the English peerage (nobility) system, and ~60 in 1983, would she really be interested and/or think there could be any kind of relationship between her and a 35 year old American beach bum? Beyond that, I always had a problem with the fact that the actress who played the dutchess, besides not physically being in Magnum's league for attractiveness, did not look old enough to have been an adult in World War II, and indeed, the actress was born in 1941. When I watch this episode, I fast-forward through all that, and just watch the surfskiing scenes.
My essay "In Country: Place and Historical Connection in Magnum PI", about the importance of the Honolulu/Vietnam connection in the show:
http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... 850#p57850

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#11 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Reef monkey wrote:Did anyone else have a problem with the Letter To A Dutchess love triangle? So Higgins fell in love with her during World War II, when he was an adult, and so presumably she was too. Let's conservatively say she was 18, and I feel like the scene with her on her estate with the car trouble is supposed to take place early in the War, around the time of the Blitz. That would put her at 63 years old during the episode. Even if you give her the benefit of the doubt and say that occurred late in the war, she'd still be late 50s in the episode, while Magnum is supposed to be mid 30s. She's old enough to be his mother, and that's icky, but not the only problem. She's a high-born dutchess, the highest rank in the English peerage (nobility) system, and ~60 in 1983, would she really be interested and/or think there could be any kind of relationship between her and a 35 year old American beach bum? Beyond that, I always had a problem with the fact that the actress who played the dutchess, besides not physically being in Magnum's league for attractiveness, did not look old enough to have been an adult in World War II, and indeed, the actress was born in 1941. When I watch this episode, I fast-forward through all that, and just watch the surfskiing scenes.
Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me.

Sometimes these things just don't make sense Reef monkey. But that doesn't make them unbelievable.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#12 Post by Hawaii Winds »

Steve wrote:I'm saying, no wishing, that he somehow ended up with Digger.... :wink:
Definitely a hottie!

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#13 Post by Hawaii Winds »

Didn't the D.A.Carol have sorta a thing in Thomas?....maybe in the episode "Compulsion"

Carol
Ensign

#14 Post by Carol »

I vote for Linda....beautiful and smart.
"If there`s an answer, it`s just that it`s just that way"

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#15 Post by marlboro »

I think he had really good chemistry with Mimi Rogers in Italian Ice. I'd probably pick her.

I wouldn't mind if there had been some episodes where he dated Maggie Poole. She was underused, imo.

And though I'm not a big fan of the actress, I kind of wish Jeannie Lowry from Texas Lightning had made one more appearance.