Could a widescreen Magnum ever be made?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

MagnumFan
Captain

Could a widescreen Magnum ever be made?

#1 Post by MagnumFan »

Friends, like Magnum, was shot in 4:3, and both were shot on 35mm film. Friends has successfully been transferred to widescreen (16:9) without any real picture loss; it looks great. Could the same be done to Magnum? Try cropping the screen to 16:9 if you have a TV that allows you to do this and tell me if it would work.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: Could a widescreen Magnum ever be made?

#2 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I've watched it like this. Yes, you don't really miss that much most of the time, but heads are sometimes cut off awkwardly and you kinds feel like you're missing something. But maybe it's just because you know you're missing something!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

Re: Could a widescreen Magnum ever be made?

#3 Post by terryfromkerry »

Hi guys,

I tend to watch it like this. To me it makes the show look even more cinematic particularly with that stunning Hawaiian landscape. Looks great on the big flat screen tv.
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".