chronosport sea quartz 30

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

luca69
Lieutenant Junior Grade

chronosport sea quartz 30

#1 Post by luca69 »

Hi, I'm quite new on this forum and this is my first post.Of course I'm a fan , I've met Magnum in 2001 when he was playing : A thousand clowns in Broadway, he shaked MY HAND !!! He he , I've the ring, the shirts, the gmt 16750 but...I cant find a Chronosport sea quatz !! I'ts quite impossible, so looking on ebay I've found a watch very similar, same case, same eta quartz movment but different dial and hands the seller is(Top-rated seller
watchesu571 ), the item number is (Item number: 400076164514 ).The reason of my post is, what about asking for a forum watch, maybe the seller cam make a watch whit similar dial and hands, whit a different name of course !? You'll see the watch is cheap , 65$ so , maybe, the price for the custom version will be chep too if we'll be quite a lot .P.s. sorry for my poor english

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#2 Post by MaximRecoil »

That looks like nearly the same watch as the CWC Royal Navy Military Diver's Watch, with the exception of the date display and the words/markings on the face:

luca69
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#3 Post by luca69 »

Thanks,I've tried to post a picture but I wasn't able !! :oops:

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

If you have an actual GMT, why would you want to buy a watch that sort of looks like a Chronosport? I'm sure if you keep looking you'll eventually find one.

Anybody know more info about the Chronosport? Magnum's Rolex certainly needs no explanation, but other than through MPI, I've never heard of Chronosport.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Carmen
MPI

#5 Post by Carmen »

I have a 'Chris Benz one' with a black rubber band. Close enough for me.

http://www.chrisbenz.de
Sometimes I get so lucky, even I don`t believe it (TSM)

luca69
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#6 Post by luca69 »

[img]I've%20got%20one%20old%20Tegra,%20is%20%20a"%20twin"%20of%20the%20Chronosport%20but%20automatic,%20I%20just%20think%20that%20a%20"forum%20watch"%20maybe%20fun%20!![/img]

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by MaximRecoil »

Styles Bitchley wrote:If you have an actual GMT, why would you want to buy a watch that sort of looks like a Chronosport? I'm sure if you keep looking you'll eventually find one.

Anybody know more info about the Chronosport? Magnum's Rolex certainly needs no explanation, but other than through MPI, I've never heard of Chronosport.
"Hyunsuk's Military Watch Gallery" has it in their Not issued but favored by soldiers section (listed as "Chronosport Dive Watch"). Unfortunately he doesn't give any information about it like he does with some of the other watches on his site, but it is interesting to know that it was "not issued but favored by soldiers", which means that whoever selected it as Magnum's watch probably did their homework (Bellisario was in the military, so maybe it was his idea).

cris25
Ensign

#8 Post by cris25 »

hello my name is cristian di firenze italy I get one last year in good condition i ship to USA at Norwalk for service and Now it's come back as new as you can see from this link
http://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread ... 8#poststop
or google images I posted a chronosport.
I love very much chronosport I too own a Rolex 1675. the Chronosport the company was located in Norwalk CT USA has produced watches until the begin of '90 Now The new company Chronoserv in Norwalk service watchs . bye write me soon look the picture on the watchseek

luca69
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#9 Post by luca69 »

Ciao Cristian !! Very nice your Chronosport !! Exactly what I'm looking for!! I've too the 1675 and the 16750 (not sure which one is the correct Magnum watch). It's a pleasure to meet another italian fan from one of the most beautiful city in the world !!!

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by Magnum T. »

Hi guys,
another italian fan here!
8)
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

JJ Quincannon
Lieutenant Commander

#11 Post by JJ Quincannon »

I know this is an older topic but I have a question for Carmen. I have been looking at watches too but have come to the conclusion that I won't be getting a Chronosport anytime soon. How do you like the Chris Benz diver I was thinking of purchasing one but could not find very many reviews. Carmen if you could let me know what you think of the quality of the watch and has it held up for you? Also have you ever heard of the watch shop.com in Germany ? I think it used to be called the watch boutique.
"Ouuuta Sight"

Thomas_Magnum
Commander

#12 Post by Thomas_Magnum »

I just bought a Chronosport Seaquartz 30 on eBay. I cant wait till it arrives!
...and that, as they say, is the hell of it.

Thomas_Magnum
Commander

#13 Post by Thomas_Magnum »

This is the closest I can find to a Chronosport Sea Quartz 30. What do you guys/gals think??? It has the 12-6-9 numbers, tick marked bezel with pretty close 10, 20, 30, etc., day/date (but in white...grrr), general shape isnt bad...

http://www.onlinescuba.com/Aquacraft-PR ... 0C124.aspx
...and that, as they say, is the hell of it.

wwmd
Vice Admiral

#14 Post by wwmd »

I had to wait until I had a decent enough camera to take this picture, but I got this several months ago. Just thought I'd share. It's old, and it's beat up, but it's mine!

Here's a link to a higher resolution version:

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh4 ... C10748.jpg

--Sammy
ImageImageWhat would Magnum do?ImageImage

Waterbug Blue
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by Waterbug Blue »

Beautiful! Hope you still get years of enjoyment from it!