Sly Magnum reference

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Cagliostro
Lieutenant Commander

Sly Magnum reference

#1 Post by Cagliostro »

So I'm watching Remington Steele on Hulu and in the 12the episode of first season I heard the following line "For our raffle, Mr. William Collins has contributed a week for two in Hawaii, all expenses paid at the King Kame…hame…uh… one of the oldest and finest hotels in Waikiki." I actually had to go back and listen to it a few times to make sure I was hearing it correctly. I'm actually ticked pink that they did that because I had just been wishing yesterday that Magnum had crossed over with Remington Steele. Sorry if this has been discussed on here before I was just so thrilled at the reference that I had to come on here and share it!

Oh and the trip is a raffle prize to help raise money for a society to save the bald eagle, Higgins would approve, which thinking about it, explains how they were able to swing giving away a stay at the King Kamehameha! :higgins:

Reef monkey
Fleet Admiral

Re: Sly Magnum reference

#2 Post by Reef monkey »

I'm not sure that qualifies as a Magnum reference, as the King Kamehameha Club was always a private members-only club, never a hotel

My essay "In Country: Place and Historical Connection in Magnum PI", about the importance of the Honolulu/Vietnam connection in the show:
http://magnum-mania.com/Forum/viewtopic ... 850#p57850