MPI On Location Home Video from 1983

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: MPI On Location Home Video from 1983

#11 Post by ConchRepublican »

Great finds RG!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Steve wrote:I guess Tom's double didn't get the memo it was tan pants and blue shirt with stripes day..Great job as always RG!!!
I thought that too! I think that was John Nordlum and coincidentally I have an article on him as well. I'm going to start a new thread for this special farewell series "Aloha Magnum". :cry:

steveadl
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by steveadl »

Awesome find!

It takes so long to film one quick cut away shot! Imagine how long it would take to film each episode! :shock:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#14 Post by Steve »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Steve wrote:I guess Tom's double didn't get the memo it was tan pants and blue shirt with stripes day..Great job as always RG!!!
I thought that too! I think that was John Nordlum and coincidentally I have an article on him as well. I'm going to start a new thread for this special farewell series "Aloha Magnum". :cry:
Did you see this clip of Mr. Nordlum,... incredible how much he looked like Selleck!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbyHQijnKl4

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#15 Post by terryfromkerry »

Great find Steve,

I am pretty sure this is the stand in / stunt preparation work for "Ki'i's Don't Lie" . Magnum had to engage Morgan Fairchild's huge bodyguard at the airport while Higgins tried to stop her escaping on a flight back to the USA. Just watched that episode a few days ago. :magnum: :higgins: :)
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".