Ferrari 70th Anniversary: The Magnum PI

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: Ferrari 70th Anniversary: The Magnum PI

#16 Post by 308GUY »

It sports Mera badging, and is for sale:

http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/073867.html

More pics here: http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/077195-162.html

Didn't look closely at it, but seems like the asking price was around $12,000 in the first ad from a few months ago, now I think it's listed at $20,000! Won't "swear" to it, but seems like that's what it was.

One of the things I find interesting about the 308, is that the early ones had fiberglass bodies, then they changed to stamped steel. The fiberglass bodied cars are now worth more than the later steel bodied ones!

Any way you look at it, it's a great looking design, and a classic for sure.

Like I said earlier, if it were within my means to own one, I already would.

You know....I DID know about Robin's Keep in GB, but not about another "Nest" in Italy.......if you pay attention...you can learn something new every day! :lol:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by Magnum T. »

Well, if I can't have a 308 I think I could settle for (a red) one of these :lol:
308GUY wrote:You know....I DID know about Robin's Keep in GB, but not about another "Nest" in Italy.......if you pay attention...you can learn something new every day! :lol:
The old Robin Masters knew how to live :wink:
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by 308GUY »

Magnum T. wrote:Well, if I can't have a 308 I think I could settle for (a red) one of these :lol:

The old Robin Masters knew how to live :wink:
Where's that "thumbsup" smiley.....again.....? :lol:

If you can find me a 308 in Italy for the same money I can buy a Mera for here.....we'll swap! :magnum:

I know...I know....IF you could find a 308 for the same money I could get a Mera for....YOU'D be driving it!

I saw recently where they (nice 308's) have started to "take-off" price wise....what you could buy for $30 to $50K two years ago, might cost you upwards of $75 now!

I've seen real nice examples with all maintenance records and low mileage bring $125K......wanna split the cost of a few lottery tickets? :lol:

Plus like I pointed out earlier, the early fiberglass bodied cars are considered more collectible/valuable than the later steel bodied cars.

WE always knew it was a classic, seems now allot more folks from the "jet-set" with cash are forming the same opinion.

Guess I'll just keep sanding on my fake! :magnum:
Last edited by 308GUY on Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Magnum T.
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Magnum T. »

308GUY wrote: I you can find me a 308 in Italy for the same money I can buy a Mera here.....we'll swap! :magnum:

I know...I know....IF you could find a 308 for the same money I could get a Mera for....YOU'D be driving it!
How did you guess that? :lol:
308GUY wrote:...wanna split the cost of a few lottery tickets? :lol:
A few days ago here in Italy a €3.00 ticket won a €163,000,000 prize, what about that?
Each time I hear such news the first thing that comes to my mind is always the same:"To think that with less than $10,000,000 I could have bought the Robin's Nest!" (the one in Hawaii :wink: )
"Zeus, Apollo, get out of my Ferrari!"
"Mr. Masters' Ferrari"

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#20 Post by Steve »

One things for certain, nobody makes red like Ferrari............