Coops beer T-shirts

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

Re: Coops beer T-shirts

#21 Post by Styles Bitchley »

MaximRecoil wrote:
Styles Bitchley wrote:
Well worth the modest investment. I love mine.
Good to hear. Did you visit California or did your sister visit Canada?
Mom courier service!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#22 Post by MaximRecoil »

Coops wrote:PM replied!
Another PM sent.

Styles Bitchley

#23 Post by Styles Bitchley »

I just want to again send a big thanks and kudos to MaximRecoil for his work on the one and only Coops t-shirt. It is truly exceptional in quality both in terms of artwork and workmanship. I think I've got the only one in Canada too!

Thanks again.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#24 Post by MaximRecoil »

Styles Bitchley wrote:I just want to again send a big thanks and kudos to MaximRecoil for his work on the one and only Coops t-shirt. It is truly exceptional in quality both in terms of artwork and workmanship. I think I've got the only one in Canada too!
Thanks. And unless someone else who bought one has moved to Canada recently, you definitely have the only one there.

RamboClark
Ensign

#25 Post by RamboClark »

I know it’s been a while, but I would love to order a couple Coop’s Beer shirts to go with my mustache! Are they still available?

Styles Bitchley

#26 Post by Styles Bitchley »

RamboClark wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:00 pm I know it’s been a while, but I would love to order a couple Coop’s Beer shirts to go with my mustache! Are they still available?
Probably not. We haven't seen Mr. Recoil for a while and they were just a one off. A direct message to him may yield better results, however.

- J.Q.H.

Styles Bitchley

#27 Post by Styles Bitchley »

By the way, mine has aged really well. I still wear it regularly and the logo remains in perfect condition.

And not a single person has ever gotten the reference!

- J.Q.H.

80s Big Hair
Admiral

#28 Post by 80s Big Hair »

$20.00 US here I cannot attest to the quality of the shirt.

Styles Bitchley

#29 Post by Styles Bitchley »

80s Big Hair wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:47 pm $20.00 US here I cannot attest to the quality of the shirt.
Totally not the same shirt.

- J.Q.H.

robicurp
Lieutenant Commander

#30 Post by robicurp »

we have a craft brewery in Oklahoma call Coop Ale works. I wonder if the founder was a Magnum PI fan?

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#31 Post by ConchRepublican »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:31 pm By the way, mine has aged really well. I still wear it regularly and the logo remains in perfect condition.

And not a single person has ever gotten the reference!
I still have mine as well, but don't wear it often . . . I need to bring it back into rotation!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

MaximRecoil
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by MaximRecoil »

Styles Bitchley wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:36 pm
80s Big Hair wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:47 pm $20.00 US here I cannot attest to the quality of the shirt.
Totally not the same shirt.
Yeah, definitely not. All that guy did was take the "Coops Established 1917" part from my film positive image that I posted in this thread (post #42) and added a drop shadow to it. You can see in this comparison GIF that it's the exact same image:

https://i.imgur.com/dw2D7QK.gif

And since I manually drew every letter/number in "Coops", Established", and "1917" in Illustrator, it isn't possible that it's just a coincidence.

In any case, that's just a site where anyone can upload an image and the company that runs the site will print it on a shirt and the uploader of the image gets some of the proceeds if the shirt sells. They are typically printed on a "direct-to-garment" (DTG) machine, which is a specialized inkjet printer, i.e, they aren't screen printed like the ones I made. The water-based inks that inkjet printers use don't last like properly cured screen printed plastisol does, and the print quality even when new oftentimes isn't all that great, especially when coming from one of those print-on-demand websites.

It's not the first time that someone has commandeered an image that I've posted online, and it probably won't be the last.