Please help me plan my Hawaiian Holiday

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

Re: Please help me plan my Hawaiian Holiday

#21 Post by TSMIV »

Two more of the tidal pool sea wall... :higgins:

:magnum:

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#22 Post by TSMIV »

Here are a few shots I took whilst standing on the sea wall looking in at Pahonu. You really have to stretch to obtain any sort of decent photo because the trees and the shrub at the fence line above the sea wall are so thick. Times sure have changed since MPI was actually filmed here. My family and I were watching ‘Summer School’ (6.13) last night and there was one scene where Higgins :higgins: was standing near the main house looking out at the ocean and you could easily see the walls that surround the tidal pool! (no thick trees on the fence line then)….

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#23 Post by TSMIV »

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#24 Post by TSMIV »

One more taken whilst standing on the sea wall looking in at Pahonu - volleyball anyone?....

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#25 Post by TSMIV »

Here are some photos taken whilst standing at the front gate to Pahonu. I was vainly hoping that Magnum might come roaring down the driveway in his Ferrari…. :magnum:

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#26 Post by TSMIV »

I forgot to mention that I of course had to ‘bless’ my beloved cap :magnum: by placing it on the sea wall in front of the tidal pool. Whenever I get a headache I put the cap on and the headache goes away… :lol: :lol: :lol:

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#27 Post by TSMIV »

We were lucky enough to visit Paradise Helicopters (located at Turtle Bay Resort) later in the day. I spoke to one of the staff members and he was gracious enough to let me take some photos of ‘the’ chopper, even though I wasn’t going to be a paying customer. He even took the time to point out the spot on the front of the chopper where Roger E. Mosley and Larry Manetti inked their names (see last photo) – he was a very nice chap. :higgins:

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#28 Post by 308GUY »

TSMIV.....thank you! You've made my day!

Great pictures and very nice synopsis of your trip. Sounds (and looks!) like you had an absolutely wonderful experience.

Thanks for posting the pics and sharing it with us...almost like having been there with you.

Lovin' the bit with the cap! Don't tell anybody in the AMA about the headache cure....we won't be able to find the caps anymore.....and if we do...they'll cost $700!!! :lol:

"I was vainly hoping that Magnum might come roaring down the driveway in his Ferrari…. :magnum: "

:lol: LOL...I'm sure that's the same reaction I'd probably have being there at all, but especially standing looking at that gate and into the entrance!

Won't bore you further with my gushing...just wanted say thanks, and will be watching for any further additions to your post.

I know what you're thinking...and you're right! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Diandra
Captain

#29 Post by Diandra »

Thanks for the wonderful photos. It's hard to tell if the new owner has done any work on the house, but at least if it is
Obama, he won't be moving in anytime soon! lol

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#30 Post by TSMIV »

308GUY wrote:TSMIV.....thank you! You've made my day!

Great pictures and very nice synopsis of your trip. Sounds (and looks!) like you had an absolutely wonderful experience.

Thanks for posting the pics and sharing it with us...almost like having been there with you.

Lovin' the bit with the cap! Don't tell anybody in the AMA about the headache cure....we won't be able to find the caps anymore.....and if we do...they'll cost $700!!! :lol:

"I was vainly hoping that Magnum might come roaring down the driveway in his Ferrari…. :magnum: "

:lol: LOL...I'm sure that's the same reaction I'd probably have being there at all, but especially standing looking at that gate and into the entrance!

Won't bore you further with my gushing...just wanted say thanks, and will be watching for any further additions to your post.

I know what you're thinking...and you're right! :magnum:

Hi 308GUY,

Thanks so much for the nice comments :D

I reckon that the uniquely medicinal purposes of my beloved baseball cap stem from the fact that I separately ‘blessed’ it at trifecta of MPI pilgrimage sites – i.e.
1. The seawall in front of the tidal pool
2. The beach in front of the tidal pool (photo below); and
3. On the pilot’s seat of TC’s chopper (photo also below)

Maybe if I wear the cap all day it will make my hair grow back – the possibilities are endless!!!! :!:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#31 Post by KENJI »

Welcome back #1 Customer!

Great to hear the trip was a memorable one....you can never go wrong in Hawaii.

Your cap blessings were brilliant-loved the pics!!! Conch, you'll have to bless a few things too.....a cap and at least a few of your new shirts!
Glad to hear your DT cap cures headaches and maybe even hair loss.......now, how does it perform with peanut allergies and bee stings?????
It would be great if you could give Mylan's EpiPen a run for its money! I think we should forget about the book deal and focus on the cap......contact Jackie ASAP!!! :wink:
The staff at Paradise Helicopters are a great bunch - I'm glad they did that for you.

What hike(s) did you end up doing?

Kind regards,

FTA

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#32 Post by TSMIV »

KENJI wrote:Welcome back #1 Customer!

Great to hear the trip was a memorable one....you can never go wrong in Hawaii.

Your cap blessings were brilliant-loved the pics!!! Conch, you'll have to bless a few things too.....a cap and at least a few of your new shirts!
Glad to hear your DT cap cures headaches and maybe even hair loss.......now, how does it perform with peanut allergies and bee stings?????
It would be great if you could give Mylan's EpiPen a run for its money! I think we should forget about the book deal and focus on the cap......contact Jackie ASAP!!! :wink:
The staff at Paradise Helicopters are a great bunch - I'm glad they did that for you.

What hike(s) did you end up doing?

Kind regards,

FTA

Greetings FTA,

Excellent to hear from you!!

Yep – most definitely a memorable trip – my wife and I are already hatching cunning plans to get the family back there as soon as we can (well it’s nice to dream…). I am trying to keep the Hawaii mood alive by having a look at the Honolulu Star Advertiser website everyday (very sad I know….but at least I can pretend that I live there…. :lol: )

It’s funny that you mention it but the DT cap is currently undergoing clinical trials to assess its effectiveness in combatting bee stings and peanut allergies – early results are very promising. If the scope of its regenerative and therapeutic powers continue to increase, I will be seriously considering floating a DT Cap company on the Stock Exchange (of course it goes without saying the that all Magnum Mania members would get preferred access to the initial institutional share offering…)

Would you believe that the only hike that I ended up doing was run from Waikiki up to Diamond Head (well that’s exaggerating a little – I ran to the main access path to Diamond Head and then walked up to the peak). The views on the way up to the peak were fantastic, as was the wonderful panorama at the summit. We did drive by Koko Head (at which point I screamed out ‘that’s the place that KENJI told me to climb!!’) but we were in such a rush to avoid high tide at the back of Pahonu that we kept on driving.

I’ve attached a few more photos of some MPI filming locations below (hope I’m not starting to bore people – I promise not to do the Facebook thing and start posting photos what I had for breakfast, etc….)

Yours sincerely

#1 Customer
:higgins:

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#33 Post by TSMIV »

Here’s a couple of the War Memorial Natorium. I couldn’t actually get in there because the whole place was locked up (from memory there was a sign warning potential trespassers about structural instability etc…

TSMIV
Vice Admiral

#34 Post by TSMIV »

and Diamond Head Lighthouse…… :magnum:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#35 Post by KENJI »

Aloha #1 Customer,

I know all about Hawaiian withdrawal symptoms and planning your next trip there as well as reading the HSA newspaper are definite signs of addiction.
It's a good addiction to have though......I'm hooked.

Thanks for the DT cap update.....fingers crossed everything works out for you as it might help support your addiction......maybe even living there!!! :wink:

Glad to hear you enjoyed the Diamond Head view!

Your pics are great......the Natatorium façade might get saved, but the last time I looked the project was buried in red tape....not sure where they are with the process now.

Kind regards,

FTA