The Pilgrimage ..... it's happening

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

The Pilgrimage ..... it's happening

#1 Post by ConchRepublican »

Finally, after years of talk, it's happening.

Booked the flight last night New York to Honolulu over New Years. We can't book our stay yet, we'll be staying at Aulani as DVC members, because our window hasn't opened yet.

Holy crap.

More to come ..... :magnum:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Pilgrimage ..... it's happening

#2 Post by 308GUY »

Congratulations! :lol:

Best news I've heard so far this year.

You'll have plenty of time to plan your stay...map out a route, itinerary, things you have to see, things you want to see and a few things that you wouldn't mind seeing if there's time.

Will you be renting a 308? :magnum:

I'll kick in a few bucks to help with expenses, if you need it, in exchange for a post card from Oahu! :lol:

Very glad for you to be able to do this. As we all are aware, it may not be possible to get anywhere near the estate in the not too distant future, but that remains to be seen, so best do it now if possible.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing anything you care to share about the experience. Completely understandable though, should you desire to have it be your private adventure.

Congratulations again! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

Congrats Conch!!!

You'll enjoy yourself at Aulani and the Ko Olina Resort especially if the kids are coming.
If you have time, do a shark dive in a cage - well worth it! Go first thing in the morning when the ocean is usually a bit more calm.
Have fun and take lots of pics at Pahonu!

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#4 Post by Frodoleader »

That's fantastic Conch! As someone who had two trips to the islands fall through within a year, I am envious!! :cry:
Be sure to post photos of your trip...I mean pilgrimage. Be sure to take Rubber Chicken's guide.
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#5 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Awesome news, Peter! I'm envious, even though I've already had a nice long trip a while back. Makes me want to plan another trip myself!

Lots of time for planning. Look forward to the updates!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Little Garwood
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by Little Garwood »

Have a great time, Conch! Just be sure you take lots of photos to share with all your pals here at Magnum-Mania! :magnum:
"Popularity is the pocket change of history."

~Tom Selleck

Diandra
Captain

#7 Post by Diandra »

Yes, please post lots of photos of Robins Nest. It's nice to see that the new
owners are fixing the place up!!!

Mrs. Higgins
Fleet Admiral

#8 Post by Mrs. Higgins »

I am insanely jealous! Congratulations and safe journey.

:D
I'm a Boxley Girl....

terryfromkerry
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by terryfromkerry »

ConchRepublican wrote:Finally, after years of talk, it's happening.

Booked the flight last night New York to Honolulu over New Years. We can't book our stay yet, we'll be staying at Aulani as DVC members, because our window hasn't opened yet.

Holy crap.

More to come ..... :magnum:
HOLY MAHI MAHI BATMAN ! :D

Congrats CONCH, our ultimate MPI Mania bruddah ! Obviously the BIG KAHUNA has been looking down upon you fondly and decided to bestow upon you the type of good karma you deserve. Don't forget to pack your red " jungle bird " shirt and your deer stalker ! Looking forward to your posts and photos on your pilgrimage to the promised land. Aloha good buddy !
"Oh Jonathan !....oh Jonathan, come quickly ...... your hot cross buns are smoking".

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#10 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

I envy that moment you step out of the aircraft and you smell & feel that Hawaiian air for the first time. Enjoy that moment because the first time is the best and you'll never experience anything like it again.
Faith and Begorrah!

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by eagle »

Wow, so exciting. I look forward to your pictures, and would love a postcard as well. :magnum:

ConchRepublican

#12 Post by ConchRepublican »

Thanks everyone!!

Mrs. Conch wanted to take me to the 50th State for my 50th birthday and considering our work schedules (I started my own business in January so taking a chunk of time out next year is dicey) and that our clients are closed between Christmas and New Years it was the best way to maximize our time.

Still working on the plan and trying to figure if we should stay solely on Oahu or plan a trip or two to the other islands. We have a total of 9 days there including the days we arrive and leave so I want to see alot but I don't want to make it a rushing vacation.

I figure there will be at least one, possibly two "Magnum Days" visiting the tidal pool, the Byodo-In Temple and other sights. There's Pearl Harbor, one of those waterfall/rainforest tours, that's four days already with 7 true do something days.

I welcome all the feedback and advice from those that have visited to help me put together our itinerary.

I was skeptical about the possibility of renting a Ferrari but Mrs. Conch was all in saying I have to do it to complete the dream. Unfortunately it seems they don't rent 308's anymore.

As for pictures, I intend on sharing with you all! The best bet may be setting up a link to a Facebook album so I don't have to upload everything, I'll see.

Now I have to figure out if I can download Google Earth and Rubber Chicken's guide to my phone . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by KENJI »

Hi Conch,

With it being your very first visit and you are staying for only 9 days I would highly recommend you stay on Oahu and take it all in at leisurely pace.....loads to do!
Adding another island or two will eat up too much time packing/unpacking going to the airport, getting settled in another place, etc., etc..
If you want more info. feel free to pm me.

You're going to love it!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#14 Post by Styles Bitchley »

KENJI wrote:Hi Conch,

With it being your very first visit and you are staying for only 9 days I would highly recommend you stay on Oahu and take it all in at leisurely pace.....loads to do!
Adding another island or two will eat up too much time packing/unpacking going to the airport, getting settled in another place, etc., etc..
If you want more info. feel free to pm me.

You're going to love it!
Agreed. There are also plenty of ways to travel on a budget in Hawaii if you're worried about costs.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican

#15 Post by ConchRepublican »

BTW - we're flying direct, so Mrs. Conch suggested we do a Magnum Marathon to keep us occupied for the flight.

Pinch me.
CoziTV Superfan spot