Favourite Higgins Moment?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

Re: Favourite Higgins Moment?

#31 Post by 308GUY »

Lindsay Writer wrote:I'm watching part 2 of Did You See The Sunrise on Cozi TV and Higgins has a great moment after Magnum leaves to go watch Stalag 17 (TM realizes William Holden is the key to the mystery) so
Higgins continues telling the story of how he helped build the Bridge on the River Kwai but he tells the story to the lads!

Higgins: "Ah well, he must be bushed. You'll enjoy this story lads"... and he continues telling the story to Zeus and Apollo! :)
Absolutely has to be on the list! I chuckle every time I see that one. JQH will NOT be deterred from his story telling! As long as there is an ear there to listen...he's gonna tell it. Doesn't really matter WHOSE ear...just has to be there!

Saw another one yesterday, not really "up there" with some of the others, but IMO, should definitely be added....in China Doll when Magnum introduces Mai Ling to JQH and she adds that he is her "protector"....Higgy baby really lets go with a hearty laugh! :magnum:

Rick has the same reaction when told, but this thread is about Higgins moments.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#32 Post by 308GUY »

Ran across another one yesterday while watching J. "Digger" Doyle.

After JQH has been "captured" and TM and Digger show up to rescue him...TM is beside the cot where JQH is laying and tells him it's Magnum.......Higgins, even through the drug induced stuper, without missing a beat, says: "Zeus, Apollo.....KILL!" :higgins: Cracks me up every time I see it.

I suppose another footnote occurance of a "Higgins Moment" could be said to exist in the same episode when TM is hefting JQH up the stairway to heaven on his back, and Higgins STILL insists on relating one of his memoir stories, even though he can hardly talk, and TM out of frustration yells for him to SHUTUP! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#33 Post by Doc Ibold »

308GUY wrote:Ran across another one yesterday while watching J. "Digger" Doyle.

After JQH has been "captured" and TM and Digger show up to rescue him...TM is beside the cot where JQH is laying and tells him it's Magnum.......Higgins, even through the drug induced stuper, without missing a beat, says: "Zeus, Apollo.....KILL!" :higgins: Cracks me up every time I see it.

I suppose another footnote occurance of a "Higgins Moment" could be said to exist in the same episode when TM is hefting JQH up the stairway to heaven on his back, and Higgins STILL insists on relating one of his memoir stories, even though he can hardly talk, and TM out of frustration yells for him to SHUTUP! :magnum:
308Guy, you're good at this!

Love that one too.

A few more -

End Scene of Tropical Madness - Letting Jenny Go
Letter To A Duchess - End scene

Those two showcase "Player Higgins", which is always nice (at least to me)

Basket Case - The Magnum/Higgins role reversal when Magnum launches into a boring story and Higgins just walks off
The Return Of Luther Gillis - The whole Blanche/Higgins imprisonment (which... someone may have already mentioned)

SignGuyHPW
Admiral

#34 Post by SignGuyHPW »

I enjoyed it when Higgins was tied up and had Zeus bring him the phone and then explained the situation to Magnum while the lads worked on his bonds.

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#35 Post by marlboro »

Another moment I like is when Higgins disguises himself as Magnum in " One Picture Is Worth." Hilarious.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#36 Post by J.J. Walters »

Just seeing this thread for the first time now. This is an all-time great thread here! I love it! :)

It's so hard to pick just one. It's like trying to pick a favorite Stephen King book, I just can't do it. There are so many great Higgins moments. I guess if I was forced to pick something it would probably be the ending of "Holmes Is Where the Heart Is" where he is lamenting the loss of his friend David Worth.

Either that or this scene! :)

Or maybe this one!

Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Milton Collins
Fleet Admiral

#37 Post by Milton Collins »

I have 4 absolute favorite Higgins moments, here they are in order:

1) Birdman of Budapest - The gradual erosion of Higgins moral fiber at the hands of Elizabeth Barrett. This is highlighted by the AMAZING Peregrine falcon call not once but twice! The second one where he gets the bird all riled up and it ends up pureed in TC's chopper followed by an exchange between he and Ms. Barrett of "I hate you" and "The feeling madam, is mutual" is my fav Higgins moment of all time! SO damn funny!

2) Tropical Madness - "My darling, you look ravishing...ha ha ha would you like a little champagne?" The awkwardness of this line, then the laugh, it's just fantastic!

3) Pleasure Principal - The dancing scene is just too much, I love it!

4) Italian Ice - As much as I can't stand Kitty blasting poor Higgy baby, I love how after slumping onto the couch he calls upon the Lad's to answer the phone and bring it over to him. Being a dog lover I thought this was super cool!

Milton Collins
Fleet Admiral

#38 Post by Milton Collins »

Ok I'm sorry to cheat but I saw a classic Higgins moment last night and have to share. It's from the episode "Novel Connection" from season 7. Higgins karate battle with Amy Salwyers husband is just soo damn funny I have to laugh out loud. Love it!

magnum1911
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#39 Post by magnum1911 »

One of my favorites is in the episode black on white. Magnum is in his bedroom with a supposed fever and cracks his door to see what Higgins is doing. And he is all dressed up in his tuxedo talking to himself and just being Higgins.

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#40 Post by marlboro »

Bumping this to remember some happier days.

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#41 Post by marlboro »

Two small moments that I like between Magnum and Higgins:

1) The Nuremberg talk in "Never Again ... Never Again." I think this is the first time that we see the Higgins/Magnum relationship start to evolve into something more than "overgrown kid vs stick in the mud majordomo." I think there is a line from Higgins about how "this changes nothing between us" but things clearly have.

2) The scene with Higgins wearing a gorilla mask giving Magnum his lucky $2 bill back to him at his surprise birthday party. Kind of a nice bookend to the first scene I mentioned where you see just how much things have changed for these two guys.

Rands
Rear Admiral

#42 Post by Rands »

My favorite Higgins moment, was at the very end of Computer Date, Season 2 Episode 14, with the credits roll. It happens just after Higgins has seen Lady Ashley, and met her "travelling companion". After a week of exercise, and depriving himself of life's finer things, Higgins take out a cigarette, lights it up, and takes a satisfying drag on it!

Marlboro can you make a GIF on that?

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#43 Post by marlboro »

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#44 Post by Styles Bitchley »

marlboro wrote:Image
Awesome.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Turkey
Admiral

#45 Post by Turkey »

marlboro wrote:Two small moments that I like between Magnum and Higgins:

1) The Nuremberg talk in "Never Again ... Never Again." I think this is the first time that we see the Higgins/Magnum relationship start to evolve into something more than "overgrown kid vs stick in the mud majordomo." I think there is a line from Higgins about how "this changes nothing between us" but things clearly have.

2) The scene with Higgins wearing a gorilla mask giving Magnum his lucky $2 bill back to him at his surprise birthday party. Kind of a nice bookend to the first scene I mentioned where you see just how much things have changed for these two guys.
Nice, agree for sure.

Damn, how fantastic is the portrayal of the characters' relationship?
Make it two weeks.