Favourite Higgins Moment?

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

Re: Favourite Higgins Moment?

#41 Post by marlboro »

Two small moments that I like between Magnum and Higgins:

1) The Nuremberg talk in "Never Again ... Never Again." I think this is the first time that we see the Higgins/Magnum relationship start to evolve into something more than "overgrown kid vs stick in the mud majordomo." I think there is a line from Higgins about how "this changes nothing between us" but things clearly have.

2) The scene with Higgins wearing a gorilla mask giving Magnum his lucky $2 bill back to him at his surprise birthday party. Kind of a nice bookend to the first scene I mentioned where you see just how much things have changed for these two guys.

Rands
Rear Admiral

#42 Post by Rands »

My favorite Higgins moment, was at the very end of Computer Date, Season 2 Episode 14, with the credits roll. It happens just after Higgins has seen Lady Ashley, and met her "travelling companion". After a week of exercise, and depriving himself of life's finer things, Higgins take out a cigarette, lights it up, and takes a satisfying drag on it!

Marlboro can you make a GIF on that?

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#43 Post by marlboro »

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#44 Post by Styles Bitchley »

marlboro wrote:Image
Awesome.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Turkey
Admiral

#45 Post by Turkey »

marlboro wrote:Two small moments that I like between Magnum and Higgins:

1) The Nuremberg talk in "Never Again ... Never Again." I think this is the first time that we see the Higgins/Magnum relationship start to evolve into something more than "overgrown kid vs stick in the mud majordomo." I think there is a line from Higgins about how "this changes nothing between us" but things clearly have.

2) The scene with Higgins wearing a gorilla mask giving Magnum his lucky $2 bill back to him at his surprise birthday party. Kind of a nice bookend to the first scene I mentioned where you see just how much things have changed for these two guys.
Nice, agree for sure.

Damn, how fantastic is the portrayal of the characters' relationship?
Make it two weeks.

KingKC
Fleet Admiral

#46 Post by KingKC »

There are oh so many of them but three that stick out in my mind are 1. The last episode when he says to Magnum "I lied" and the look on his face. 2. The performance as Elmo Ziller. and 3. When he was drugged and being carried by Magnum and rambling on in the J. Digger Doyle episode. He was a consummate actor.

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#47 Post by Stelth »

Father Paddy McGuinness is my favorite John Hillerman performance.

Rands
Rear Admiral

#48 Post by Rands »

Marlboro: Truly an awesome GIF! Thank You!

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#49 Post by marlboro »

No problem. My pleasure.

Mrs. Higgins
Fleet Admiral

#50 Post by Mrs. Higgins »

Mine... :oops:

Hey, I'm a dirty old broad...
I'm a Boxley Girl....

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#51 Post by 308GUY »

Mrs. Higgins wrote:

Hey, I'm a dirty old broad...
LOL!!! :lol: One after my own heart...to be sure! :higgins:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#52 Post by K Hale »

All of them. Every last one.

But...

If I had to single out only one particular moment, it's the airplane scene from "All for One." The four Vietnam vets have boarded the plane and the engine is running. Suddenly there's a loud banging on the door. From our perspective, Magnum pulls the door latch and the door drops down to reveal... Higgins, ready to join in to save someone else's friend from someone else's war.

I just cannot even when I see this scene. And then the careful explanation of how he can be of assistance, some of which sounds outrageous but all of which turns out to be true.

And yes I think he had a number of reasons for joining the expedition. But not the least of them was that his friends were going and he certainly was not about to let them go alone!
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#53 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

K Hale wrote:All of them. Every last one.

But...

If I had to single out only one particular moment, it's the airplane scene from "All for One." The four Vietnam vets have boarded the plane and the engine is running. Suddenly there's a loud banging on the door. From our perspective, Magnum pulls the door latch and the door drops down to reveal... Higgins, ready to join in to save someone else's friend from someone else's war.
As I was watching this one last week I was thinking that this snippet with the door/stairs opening and Higgins standing down below with his luggage would be a great gif!

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#54 Post by K Hale »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:

But...

As I was watching this one last week I was thinking that this snippet with the door/stairs opening and Higgins standing down below with his luggage would be a great gif!
I'll get on it!! Unless someone beats me to it!
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#55 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

K Hale wrote:
Rembrandt's Girl wrote:

But...

I'll get on it!! Unless someone beats me to it!
Yay, looking forward to it! Thanks! Image