The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1041 Post by KENJI »

Great shot Lily!
When I saw that James had posted something here, I was a bit hesitant to open it up (thinking the worst had happened).
I was relieved to see no SOLD sticker!!
Thanks for posting it James.

Hawaii Winds
Admiral

#1042 Post by Hawaii Winds »

It's too bad the estate is well taken care of, as it was during the filming. I was at the front gate of the estate last November, and it's just not being taken cared for.....sad!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1043 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

J.J. Walters wrote:Image

:(

Picture courtesy of Lily
Yes, thank you for posting, JJ! Any word from Lily if she went to the tidal pool and peeked in to see if there's any clean-up of the grounds for viewings?

***EDIT*** OK, nevermind......I just saw that Lily said back in February that no sprucing up had been done so I assume it's still the same. :(

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1044 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Does anyone else think that Eve has probably been living in the gatehouse for some time, possibly years?

According to the real estate article (http://www.hawaiiislandhomes.com/homes- ... estyle-13/) the gatehouse is renovated and move-in ready, which we all know the main house is NOT. The main house is huge, old, cluttered, and in need of repair. Can you imagine trying to keep it clean?

And now that I think about the structure by the gatehouse that I asked about some time ago (pic below) Sam, I think you may be right. I think it’s a carport too, just not the pop-up kind…more permanent. If she has a semi-large car/truck/suv, would it even fit in the old small-sized gatehouse garage?

I remember reading something someone wrote about their visit to Pahonu (pugs?) and they said the driveway to the gatehouse was well-worn and it looked like someone was living there.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has thought that, too?

p.s. – Pahonu has been on the market 100 days as of today.

No need to know!
Fleet Admiral

#1045 Post by No need to know! »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Does anyone else think that Eve has probably been living in the gatehouse for some time, possibly years?

According to the real estate article (http://www.hawaiiislandhomes.com/homes- ... estyle-13/) the gatehouse is renovated and move-in ready, which we all know the main house is NOT. The main house is huge, old, cluttered, and in need of repair. Can you imagine trying to keep it clean?

And now that I think about the structure by the gatehouse that I asked about some time ago (pic below) Sam, I think you may be right. I think it’s a carport too, just not the pop-up kind…more permanent. If she has a semi-large car/truck/suv, would it even fit in the old small-sized gatehouse garage?

I remember reading something someone wrote about their visit to Pahonu (pugs?) and they said the driveway to the gatehouse was well-worn and it looked like someone was living there.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone else has thought that, too?

p.s. – Pahonu has been on the market 100 days as of today.

I am sure i read somewhere that Eve owns several homes?

Sounds almost depressing to live in the gatehouse when you have a faboulus villa just yards away, even though it needs renovation.
Onion´s extra?

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1046 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

No need to know! wrote:
I am sure i read somewhere that Eve owns several homes?
Yeah.......that was me who posted that. After further research it looks like the Kailua house is co-owned by Eve and her brother Reed. I assume Pahonu may also be co-owned by Eve and her brother.

This is really interesting though…the other home I mentioned that Eve owned is in the Manoa neighborhood of Honolulu and was sold in 1999 for $1,000,000. This was probably also co-owned by Eve & Reed and I’m guessing her share is at least part of what she lives off of and how she’s paying Pahonu’s taxes, etc. Interestingly, this home is on the State Historic Register because it’s a “Craftsman-style house with massive stone foundations and an adjacent carriage house” and one of the two architects was none other than Pahonu’s architect Louis E. Davis!

Mags80
Ensign

#1047 Post by Mags80 »

I am scheduled to go to Oahu in June with my daughter who is eleven and is a huge Magnum fan. Have to make sure to pass on the legacy to the next generation! Hope it doesn't sell before then.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1048 Post by Steve »

I'm expecting to see another big price drop before it sells. I have been wondering if the property might make a good place for Obama to move to after his term is up. There is fairly good security around the perimeter, a gate house for any secret service detail an ex-President might need, he does seem to love and appreciate his Hawaiian upbringing and he vactions right up the road. Of course the tidal pool would still have remain open to the public!!!!

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#1049 Post by Stelth »

Steve wrote:I'm expecting to see another big price drop before it sells. I have been wondering if the property might make a good place for Obama to move to after his term is up. There is fairly good security around the perimeter, a gate house for any secret service detail an ex-President might need, he does seem to love and appreciate his Hawaiian upbringing and he vactions right up the road. Of course the tidal pool would still have remain open to the public!!!!

I'd rather see it sub-divided than him getting it.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1050 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Mags80 wrote:I am scheduled to go to Oahu in June with my daughter who is eleven and is a huge Magnum fan. Have to make sure to pass on the legacy to the next generation! Hope it doesn't sell before then.
Hi Mags80!

If you haven't already, you have to check out Rubber Chicken's guide to MPI's filming locations so you can visit them while you're over there in June. I bet your daughter will just love seeing the places that she's seen on the show! http://magnum-mania.com/A_Rubber_Chicken_Guide.html

Welcome & have a great time here, Mags80! :D

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#1051 Post by Pahonu »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Does anyone else think that Eve has probably been living in the gatehouse for some time, possibly years?

You know that's not as uncommon as it might first sound. There are lots of old estates where the main house was torn down eventually, but the outbuildings were turned into homes when the property was subdivided. I have a friend who lives in Topanga Canyon near Malibu. Her husband is an architect and they remodeled their home which was a guest house of a large property built in the 20's. Down the road a bit is a home that used to be the stables. It's a very wooded area in the foothills of the Santa Monica Mountains. Both homes are on a private road which was built on the original property. I don't know if the main house is still around, though I don't think it is, or at least they've never mentioned it. Now I'm curious.

Mags80
Ensign

Hi Mags80! If you haven't already, you have to check out Ru

#1052 Post by Mags80 »

Thanks. I did browse through the Rubber Chickens guide, but will go through it in more detail before my trip. What a great resource.

Kimbosan
Captain

#1053 Post by Kimbosan »

Hi Guys,
The real estate agent has advised that the gatehouse is currently rented out.

Kimbosan
Kimbosan

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1054 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Wow, thanks for checking with the realtor on this, Kimbosan! Did you get any other info about the estate to share?

Kimbosan
Captain

#1055 Post by Kimbosan »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:Wow, thanks for checking with the realtor on this, Kimbosan! Did you get any other info about the estate to share?
Hi Guys, yes I have heaps of info but it is all depressing, if you want I can share?

Kimbosan
Kimbosan