The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1711 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Kevster wrote:
Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:On a positive note, the lawn looks much healthier than the MPI days.
Real estate marketing photos are taken with an interesting process.... They take multiple exposures (kind of "rapid fire" process) and layer them to create depth and deeper hues without the oversaturation that is common when increasing the saturation on individual images.

The deep green, as well as the nice even carpet of grass, and many other glorious seeming aspects of the marketing photos: often due to the process and/or photo retouching.

Not saying the grass/lawn isn't better, but the rest of the exterior doesn't support that. The lack of trimming done to the rest of the foliage, and the lack of mulching/beds, that tells me the photos are probably enhanced.

Just my $0.02. ;-)
If Father Paddy was referring to the grass in the non-realtor pics, these were taken in the spring so the grass was probably at the healthiest/greenest that it is throughout the year.

RustyPerroP.I.
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#1712 Post by RustyPerroP.I. »

I was there last week and did not see a for sale sign. I was staying couple of miles down the road so took a walk down the beach of course. The place is in poor shape. Looks like work is being done but I was saddened by its condition.
"It's good for my cold"

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#1713 Post by J.J. Walters »

Bondtoys.de wrote:Those are the pics from the sales ad back in 2015:

Wow! Thank you for posting these GREAT pics! The house of my dreams! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1714 Post by Steve »

RustyPerroP.I. wrote:I was there last week and did not see a for sale sign. I was staying couple of miles down the road so took a walk down the beach of course. The place is in poor shape. Looks like work is being done but I was saddened by its condition.
I hate to say it but perhaps the new owner or trust or entity should lease it out to CBS for the Re-Boot. It might speed up the process of at least getting the exteriors back to it's glory days.........

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1715 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Sam wrote:
Bondtoys.de wrote:Those are the pics from the sales
Hi Bondtoys.... take another look those were non listing photos
Ya Sam, I think maybe some folks overlooked the link?.......

https://imgur.com/a/Tar3Y

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#1716 Post by J.J. Walters »

Steve wrote:I hate to say it but perhaps the new owner or trust or entity should lease it out to CBS for the Re-Boot. It might speed up the process of at least getting the exteriors back to it's glory days.........
THAT would be the ideal situation! I'm hoping and praying that will happen. No one is living there anyway right now. Let CBS come in there, fix it up a little bit, and film for a couple of months. You'll make some cash. The estate will get some huge PR, then go on from there. It's a win-win! :)

Steve! Good to see you again, my man! One of the original Maniacs! :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#1717 Post by 308GUY »

Steve wrote:
RustyPerroP.I. wrote:I was there last week and did not see a for sale sign. I was staying couple of miles down the road so took a walk down the beach of course. The place is in poor shape. Looks like work is being done but I was saddened by its condition.
I hate to say it but perhaps the new owner or trust or entity should lease it out to CBS for the Re-Boot. It might speed up the process of at least getting the exteriors back to it's glory days.........

SECONDED! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Pahonu
Robin's Nest Expert Extraordinaire

#1718 Post by Pahonu »

Bondtoys.de wrote:Those are the pics from the sales ad back in 2015:

Some of the interior photos might not be clear to all forum members as to where they are located in the house. I don't know if you guys are interested, but I can describe those locations in detail, and all of them are included in my latest version of the estate 3D model. Ask away about any of the images.

...and sorry about not posting the other photos sooner as I also had copies of them. I haven't been on the site in several days.

Good to hear from you again JJ and RG!

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#1719 Post by ConchRepublican »

I think, in keeping with the vibe of the show, that I would replace the tennis court with a sand volleyball court.

But, after considering my hip replacements, maybe that isn't the best idea either .... ah the heck with it. If I can afford Pahonu I can afford another round of replacements!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1720 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:I think, in keeping with the vibe of the show, that I would replace the tennis court with a sand volleyball court.

But, after considering my hip replacements, maybe that isn't the best idea either .... ah the heck with it. If I can afford Pahonu I can afford another round of replacements!

Hip replacements at your age.....Peter, what happened??? Was it a beat down by Artie Canoe?

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1721 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Steve wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:I think, in keeping with the vibe of the show, that I would replace the tennis court with a sand volleyball court.

Hip replacements at your age.....Peter, what happened??? Was it a beat down by Artie Canoe?
Or a sumo wrestler and a dwarf???

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#1722 Post by ConchRepublican »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
Steve wrote:

Or a sumo wrestler and a dwarf???
Indeed! that would be a good story!

Unfortunately mine is more mundane, bad genes. I was born with hip dysplasia and had surgeries in '69 to help correct things. Thankfully things worked out better than the doctors expected and for the most part I walked well and while I couldn't play any organized sports, I was a heck of a street football QB!

The original parts finally wore out a few years ago, thatnkfully the new parts are working just fine!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1723 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Been poking around on facebook and found this pic of Pahonu posted on February 28...

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1724 Post by KENJI »

Great find RG!
Keep poking around!!!! :wink:

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1725 Post by Steve »

KENJI wrote:Great find RG!
Keep poking around!!!! :wink:
Damn Kenji...........Is the push mower broken????