The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#11 Post by Sam »

I found these pictures of the estate taken in 2005.Some lucky people actually get on the grounds.

I've been to the estate 3 or 4 times.last in 2004.I've never noticed the picnic area.It's defined by pavers and what appears to be shells or rocks.

Here is the link.

http://picasaweb.google.com/kulanuba/2007HABPicnic

From what I can determine....HAB is..Hawaii Association of the Blind..Which may explain the dogs.

I found this short report on the picnic.

http://www.greatergoodradio.com/?p=42

and from that web page I found an interview with Mike Post.

http://www.greatergoodradio.com/?p=84

Magnum92
Captain

#12 Post by Magnum92 »

Great find Sam. Thanks for sharing it with us! :wink:
Magnum: So far this case had cost me my right to the wine cellar, the last cash in my pocket, and nearly my life. If that clerk was lying to me, I was gonna come back down here and shove that Robin Masters paperback in his ear!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by Sam »

Thanks Mag92...
I'm waiting for Rubber Chicken to check in,I have a job for him.

Magnum92
Captain

#14 Post by Magnum92 »

Sounds good :wink:
Magnum: So far this case had cost me my right to the wine cellar, the last cash in my pocket, and nearly my life. If that clerk was lying to me, I was gonna come back down here and shove that Robin Masters paperback in his ear!

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#15 Post by rubber chicken »

Very cool, another Robin Masters charity function!

And what's this? A guide bunny?

There's a cat there too, I wonder if those two were present to train the dogs to be used to different prey - err, animals I mean.

A quote from the second link: "There’s tennis court in there and then there is a whole huge area to do your barbeque with electricity and everything..." I wonder if that electricity was put in for filming the show.
Sam wrote:I'm waiting for Rubber Chicken to check in,I have a job for him.
Oh really? What can I do for you?

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#16 Post by Sam »

Oh really? What can I do for you?

Hi RC...I checked the HAB web page to see if there were more pictures but came up empty..So what I'd like you to do....

After the beach pics there are a series of pics from the picnic,if you start with 1st pic and count to 8,you'll see a guy..blue shirt and blue hat with a camera.........I want you to find his pictures..If anyone can do it..you can :lol:

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#17 Post by rubber chicken »

Ha, he looks a bit like the man on the grassy knoll. I'd suspect everything has been covered up by now, sorry. :D

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#18 Post by Sam »

Ah..come on..give it a shot ha

One thing I did notice..In the first picture after the beach pics..The gray haired lady with her back turned to the camera talking to the guy in the pink shirt..Looks like Eve Anderson.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#19 Post by Sam »

A quote from the second link: "There’s tennis court in there and then there is a whole huge area to do your barbeque with electricity and everything..." I wonder if that electricity was put in for filming the show.

It certainly is possible that the electricity was installed for the show..But do you remember seeing anything but lawn on the grounds..

Man o man give me an hour on the estate and I'll have it figured out.

FYI..For the past two years,a local station has been showing Hawaii Five-O and one thing I've learned about the estate.The side door on the driveway side doesn't open into the house.It goes under the lanai to the front door.

rubber chicken
Master Location Sleuth

#20 Post by rubber chicken »

Well that area under the tree in the pictures wasn't seen very much in the show, it's possible at least that they would have been able to keep the outlet structure out of shots, or at least not be obvious.

And I've been meaning to see the Hawaii Five-0 episodes which include the Anderson Estate. Is there a list of these episodes anywhere? I've watched the show from time to time but I don't remember seeing the estate.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#21 Post by J.J. Walters »

rubber chicken wrote:And I've been meaning to see the Hawaii Five-0 episodes which include the Anderson Estate. Is there a list of these episodes anywhere? I've watched the show from time to time but I don't remember seeing the estate.
A Magnum fan (Pete) recently informed me that the Anderson Estate shows up in two Season 2 Hawaii Five-O episodes - "Forty Feet High and It Kills" and "Sweet Terror". Season 2 of HFO was recently released on DVD. The estate is also used in the series finale "Woe to Wo Fat", and possibly others.
Pete wrote:"Sweet Terror" has what appears to be, actual shots from the interior of the home, most notably, the entryway. There is also a good scene from the boathouse (guesthouse), as well. Overall, there are also a few shots that give a good indication of how the grounds are laid out, compared to the confusing way portrayed on Magnum.
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

golfmobile
Chopper Pilot Wannabe

#22 Post by golfmobile »

Oh, great! NOW we have to go buy HFO-2 just to see Robin's Nest!

Does it never end . . . . . ?

golf
"Portside, buddy."

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#23 Post by Sam »

And I've been meaning to see the Hawaii Five-0 episodes which include the Anderson Estate. Is there a list of these episodes anywhere? I've watched the show from time to time but I don't remember seeing the estate.

HI RC...James has given you 3 and I'll add 2 more.

From season 4..While You're at it.Bring in the Moon...

From season 5..You Don't Have to Kill to get Rich,But it Helps..In this episode the grounds,tidal pool and house were used..William Shatner and Al Harrington can be seen climbing up a trellis to the second floor small balcony on the ocean side,to a bedroom.I don't believe the bedroom scene was at the estate.

I know there are 3 or 4 more episodes and I'll to recall them.

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#24 Post by J.J. Walters »

Awesome Sam! Thanks!
Sam wrote:From season 5..You Don't Have to Kill to get Rich,But it Helps..In this episode the grounds,tidal pool and house were used..William Shatner and Al Harrington can be seen climbing up a trellis to the second floor small balcony on the ocean side,to a bedroom.I don't believe the bedroom scene was at the estate.
:shock:

William Shatner's at the estate!? It doesn't get much better than that!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#25 Post by Sam »

Yeah..The house has a long history..I also think it was used in Jake and the Fatman or One West Waikiki.

James..I'm trying to do some screen captures..actually digital camera shots from the TV.I have a few.Can I email them to you to see what you think..As you can imagine the quality is not great.

OOPS..the pics are interior shots of the estate.