The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

robinmaster74
Ensign

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1421 Post by robinmaster74 »

Hi guys, I'm an italian longtime fan of Magnum P.I., and I strongly hope mr. Nesbitt, or Obama, or whoever is the new owner of the legendary Robin Master's (Anderson) estate in Hawaii, will not change it too much. Repair something in the house, or better treat the park, yes, but not revolutionize the estate to the point we cannot recognize the details we loved in the series. Maybe the best solution would be the Universal Pictures, or someone in Hollywood, had bought the property before mr. Nesbitt or anyone else, to preserve it as an historical site, in order to keep alive the memory of a series of worship. Certainly, there's no shortage of other examples in the history of film and television. Maybe, as fans of Magnum P.I, we should have - or we could still - organize a petition in this regard, or directly write to the current owner trying to influence or sensitize him. Fantasizing, I would have hoped to buy the estate had been Tom Selleck or John Hillerman, but, of course, this is just a dream, although potentially it was not so impossible.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#1422 Post by 308GUY »

Welcome robinmaster74!

Most of the points you make have been discussed, so you are not alone in your thinking.

Fact is, we will all just have to wait to see what develops at the estate.

I doubt anything we or anybody else would/could do would have much influence on Mr. Nesbitt, or whoever ends up there as far as altering the already made plans for the place.

I've looked, and haven't come up with any updates to speak of.

It will be "interesting", if nothing else! :higgins:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

robinmaster74
Ensign

#1423 Post by robinmaster74 »

Hi 308, and thanks for welcome! I agree with you about the estate.
Let we see what happens. Anyway, tt would be interesting to know what think Tom Selleck and the other old members of cast about all this, and if any of them have never thought about making the investment

rcurreyjr
Ensign

#1424 Post by rcurreyjr »

Read here a lot but have never posted. Got a chance to visit a week ago and took a few pictures. Not really anything new but I thought I would share.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgy3svfp480j ... ESZUa?dl=0

Rich Currey

Diandra
Captain

#1425 Post by Diandra »

rcurreyjr wrote:Read here a lot but have never posted. Got a chance to visit a week ago and took a few pictures. Not really anything new but I thought I would share.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rgy3svfp480j ... ESZUa?dl=0

Rich Currey

I really love those photos!!! Looks like you had a beautiful day. When we were there
it was partly cloudy so the water didn't look as blue. It's great that you got to Robin's
Nest before any changes happen!

Fat Jack
Captain

#1426 Post by Fat Jack »

Hi all, haven't posted in a while! :D

I was just checking the county records and there's a new little tidbit to report. The owner has now been updated from Eve to Waimanalo Paradise LLC, but what's interesting is that the mailing address listed for Waimanalo Paradise is the address of MERK Capital, a private equity firm in Chicago: http://www.merkcapital.com/

Any conjecture?

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1427 Post by KENJI »

GREAT pics Rich.....thanks for sharing!!!!
It looks as though they were doing a bit of digging behind the boat house too.

Interesting find Fat Jack!!!
I thought the address would've taken you to the door of Marty's private equity firm - Vistria Group, not MERK Capital....I guess that would be too easy in this case. Now we have to figure out how Marty or maybe even his wife are connected to M.C.? The mystery continues.....I'll do some digging at my end and see what surfaces. I wonder if Obama has something to do with MERK.....hmmm. I love a good mystery!

Fat Jack
Captain

#1428 Post by Fat Jack »

KENJI wrote:
Interesting find Fat Jack!!!
I thought the address would've taken you to the door of Marty's private equity firm - Vistria Group, not MERK Capital....I guess that would be too easy in this case. Now we have to figure out how Marty or maybe even his wife are connected to M.C.? The mystery continues.....I'll do some digging at my end and see what surfaces. I wonder if Obama has something to do with MERK.....hmmm. I love a good mystery!
Too funny, Kenji! I tried to find a Nesbitt, Obama, Oprah, or Sadorsky connection to MERK...and came up empty. I'm sure you're a better private investigator :wink: than I am though!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#1429 Post by 308GUY »

rcurreyjr wrote:Read here a lot but have never posted. Got a chance to visit a week ago and took a few pictures. Not really anything new but I thought I would share.

Rich Currey
Great pics Rich!

Thanks! for taking the time and effort to share.

Does look like something's going on behind the boathouse, but not sure it's digging....kinda looks like the tide had it's way with the shore a time or two.

Time reveals all...."waiting IS"-(From "Stranger in a Strange Land".....Michael Smith quote.) :magnum:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1430 Post by KENJI »

Oh, you're a good P.I. F.J.!!!
I think this one will be a tough one to crack especially if Obama turns out to be the real owner.....lots of layers.
I've also tried Penny and MERK's partners with Marty and nothing is coming up.
I'll try again later.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1431 Post by KENJI »

308GUY wrote:

Rich Currey
Great pics Rich!

Thanks! for taking the time and effort to share.

Does look like something's going on behind the boathouse, but not sure it's digging....kinda looks like the tide had it's way with the shore a time or two.

Time reveals all...."waiting IS"-(From "Stranger in a Strange Land".....Michael Smith quote.) :magnum:
Hi 308GUY,

I was looking at the ground right behind the boathouse, not on the tidal pool side. It looks as though they may have removed a tree or turned over some dirt/sand. I'll take a look again at Rich's pics.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1432 Post by KENJI »

I took a look again and I think they may have ripped out some ground cover OR it died due to the waves coming over what's left of that section of the wall.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#1433 Post by 308GUY »

KENJI wrote:I took a look again and I think they may have ripped out some ground cover OR it died due to the waves coming over what's left of that section of the wall.

Hi KENJI...that sounds/looks like a reasonable conclusion based on the pic.

Would probably be best to review some older pics from the same vantage point and compare them with Rich's new one, side by side to make a more informed observation.

Kind of in the same category as the concrete pad in the tidal pool.....one of those things we may never know all the facts about.

Kind of a non-issue for me, as I said, not sure of anything, having never been there myself.

Hopefully, there will be renovations all over the entire estate, but none that destroy what we've come to know and love as "Robins Nest", just refurbishing all of it to it's original magnificence. 8)

Fun to discuss though! :magnum:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1434 Post by KENJI »

308GUY wrote:
KENJI wrote:I took a look again and I think they may have ripped out some ground cover OR it died due to the waves coming over what's left of that section of the wall.

Hi KENJI...that sounds/looks like a reasonable conclusion based on the pic.

Would probably be best to review some older pics from the same vantage point and compare them with Rich's new one, side by side to make a more informed observation.

Kind of in the same category as the concrete pad in the tidal pool.....one of those things we may never know all the facts about.

Kind of a non-issue for me, as I said, not sure of anything, having never been there myself.

Hopefully, there will be renovations all over the entire estate, but none that destroy what we've come to know and love as "Robins Nest", just refurbishing all of it to it's original magnificence. 8)

Fun to discuss though! :magnum:
Hi again 308GUY,

Too funny, I did look at some old pics and that's how I came up with the ground cover.....Pahonu is always fun to discuss.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1435 Post by Steve »

Nesbitt, MERK, or whomever needs to get to work. It's looking like they bought an 8 million dollar tidal pool with a $700,000 jungle behind it.......