The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1671 Post by Steve »

☨magnum.t wrote:If anyone has 1.9 Mil laying around here is an opportunity to own a piece of land so close to Robins Nest you can thow at seashell and hit it! https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sale/2 ... ct/15_zm/?
It even comes with a ready made, weathered Paradise sign....

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#1672 Post by ConchRepublican »

I heard a rumor the Estate was for sale again, anyone hear anything about that?
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1673 Post by Steve »

ConchRepublican wrote:I heard a rumor the Estate was for sale again, anyone hear anything about that?

Wow......Wouldn't that be something.... I couldn't find anything on the Oahu Real Estate sites other than it looks like the property value has gone down a bit.....I say if any of us make it to the "Million Magnum March" this summer we pass a donation bucket around and see how much we can pool together....

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#1674 Post by J.J. Walters »

I've been out of touch with the news of the Estate. But, Please don't say it is the Obama's. Please!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1675 Post by Steve »

J.J. Walters wrote:I've been out of touch with the news of the Estate. But, Please don't say it is the Obama's. Please!

I'm thinking that if it was the property would be all back together by now. It sounds like it is a slow process rehabbing the property by who ever is in charge............

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1676 Post by Sam »

Last edited by Sam on Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#1677 Post by K Hale »

Sam wrote:
J.J. Walters wrote:I've been out of touch with the news of the Estate. But, Please don't say it is the Obama's. Please!
Welcome back JJ.. haven't heard anything on the estate and it's been over 3 years now.. the initial claim was it wasn't Obama who bought it but his pal in Chicago.

Without getting political he didn't do anything in 8 years I doubt he could do anything in 3 years on the estate.
>)>)
It would be awesome if this fun forum remained the one place on the interwebs that was not political. I suppose that's not possible judging by this?
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#1678 Post by Styles Bitchley »

K Hale wrote:It would be awesome if this fun forum remained the one place on the interwebs that was not political. I suppose that's not possible judging by this?
It usually is, but some people can't help themselves sometimes. James can pretty much do whatever he wants around here though!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1679 Post by Sam »

Sorry it was just a little joke if you're offended I'll delete it.. you can delete your post and we can move on.

Styles Bitchley

#1680 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Sam wrote:Sorry it was just a little joke if you're offended I'll delete it.. you can delete your post and we can move on.
I think you've earned the right to do whatever you want around here too, Sam! (even though I don't agree with you!) :wink:
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1681 Post by Sam »

Styles...No worries.. I said it was just a little joke and as far as JJ post... who knows what he meant by that could have to do with accessibility to the estate.

I deleted the original post.

Styles Bitchley

#1682 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Sam wrote:Styles...No worries.. I said it was just a little joke and as far as JJ post... who knows what he meant by that could have to do with accessibility to the estate.

I deleted the original post.
I don't think it was necessary, but you're always a gentleman Sam.

- J.Q.H.

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#1683 Post by Kevster »

A not so subtle troll already snagged its first victim... LOL. It was easy given the bait (namely, Obama), but still... I mean, some bait (e.g. Obama, Trump, etc.) is just guaranteed to get a nibble. However, I agree with keeping things focused, so it's time for my blatant redirect to relevant things Magnum... Of course, by the time I'd typed my response, the post was deleted and several people had posted on the matter... LOL

I'm happy that the estate is getting the thorough update it sorely needed. It kind of needed updating 30 years ago, and I don't think it's gotten the care it really needed in the interim.

They didn't really start the work until the last 12 months or so, right? Based on my experience with real estate, including analyzing the market for high-end custom homes on Jupiter Island and Palm Beach, I don't think a complete remodel, with lots of custom work, would be done in much less than year (from permits to certification). Some homes, when applying that caliber of custom work, can take as much as two (or even more). Homes on Jupiter Island and Palm Beach have custom made cabinetry, carved interior accents, Level 5 finished wallboard (if not plaster, to keep with the age of the home), and scrollwork out the wazoo. Not to mention that many owners will design, and then redesign, and then redesign... Sometimes just create an entire space around featuring key furnishings... Mega-money seems to often come with mega-demands.

The design work with engineers and architects will often take AT LEAST a year too. Finding artisans and craftsman with the key skill sets can take equally as long once the design is confirmed.

Three years? If it is being done well and to THAT QUALITY LEVEL, the time is FAR FROM a surprise. If you analyze it from the process I described, you see it may be fully appropriate.

I hope that photos of the finished process get featured somewhere after the work is done!!! That would be AWESOME!

Kevin
Trust Me!!!

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#1684 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Geez, no one needed to delete anything. The person who complained just joined the boards a couple of weeks ago. JJ Walters is the founder of the site and Sam has been here since 2007! I read Sam's now deleted post this morning and it cracked me up. Supposedly, a friend of the ex-prez now owns the estate, it stands to reason that people are going to comment on that on a Magnum themed website! :roll:
I'm happy that the estate is getting the thorough update it sorely needed.
Has there been any evidence of renovations going on at the estate? The last time I saw pics, it looked worse than ever. It was downright depressing to see what condition it was in.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#1685 Post by K Hale »

I didn't ask anyone to delete anything, nor was it necessary. Just made an observation.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!