The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1641 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:Here is a complete HFO library that contains Pahonu footage. If you’re not a fan of the show just go to the counter reference on the right to fast forward to Pahonu content. Let me know if I've missed one and I'll add it.
It’s great to see Pahonu footage that we don’t normally see in MPI. By the time MPI came on the seen, Eve no longer allowed any filming inside.
I’ve also included the cross over from Murder She Wrote. I’m sure a few of our members haven’t seen some of this collection before – ENJOY! :D
Oh my gosh, thank you so much Kenji! I've always wanted this in a single, easy to access location, woo-hoo! Thanks so much for taking the time to put it together! :D

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#1642 Post by Steve »

Sam wrote:Hi Kenji...The house used in the "The Case Against Philip Christie" the party house has changed very little..The most noticeable change is the upstairs walkway connecting the two sides.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrxZHW_1p54
Wow, that house is gorgeous.......I wonder what that sold for or if it has...As a fan of Robins Nest I think I would have to think hard about purchasing this one (dreaming I have 1% er funds) over our run down Mecca........

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1643 Post by KENJI »

Sam wrote:Hi Kenji...The house used in the "The Case Against Philip Christie" the party house has changed very little..The most noticeable change is the upstairs walkway connecting the two sides.

Many thanks Sam!
You saved me a search for this little youtube gem.
I just love the view out to Rabbit Island from the living room!

I remember when it went on the market Steve and I think the owners were asking $4.5 million at one point and it finally sold in 2014 for between $3.8 - $3.9 million......somewhere around there, it's been a few years.

You're very welcome RG, glad you like it!

Fr. Paddy McGuinness
Admiral

#1644 Post by Fr. Paddy McGuinness »

I was just streaming HFO's "A Stranger in His Grave" from season 10 last week. It was amusing to watch Hillerman get a massage on the estate lawn. It was one of those things where I was thinking about all the success that was still ahead of him as a middle aged man...in that very spot. I wondered if he ever stood out there years later and looked back with nostalgia.
Faith and Begorrah!

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1645 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

308GUY wrote:

Can we get ahold of Linda Booten's sister from "Thank Heaven for Little Girls and Big Ones Too!" that does the copies.....? :lol:

:shock:

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1646 Post by KENJI »

BRILLIANT RG, BRILLIANT!!!!
TOO FUNNY!!! :lol:

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#1647 Post by 308GUY »

KENJI wrote:BRILLIANT RG, BRILLIANT!!!!
TOO FUNNY!!! :lol:

QUITE! :higgins:

Hey RG...I think you missed your calling....you should be working in Hollywood! You know...starring opposite TS or something... :wink:

Seriously, you've got skills lady.

I might have to print THAT picture and frame & hang it! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#1648 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Rembrandt's Girl wrote:
308GUY wrote:

Can we get ahold of Linda Booten's sister from "Thank Heaven for Little Girls and Big Ones Too!" that does the copies.....? :lol:

:shock:
Well played!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#1649 Post by ConchRepublican »

Steve wrote:

Wow, that house is gorgeous.......I wonder what that sold for or if it has...As a fan of Robins Nest I think I would have to think hard about purchasing this one (dreaming I have 1% er funds) over our run down Mecca........
That house is stunning! The only drawback to the Waimanolo side is the lack of the sunsets .... things being what they are though I think I'd still prefer Pahonu, if only for the grounds alone.

I would have to add a pool though . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1650 Post by Sam »

Steve wrote:

Kenji nailed it..It sold in April 2014 for 3.85 and the asking price was 4.50.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1651 Post by KENJI »

Steve wrote:

Hi Sam & Steve,
While we are on the topic of this particular episode.....here is the house that is just a few doors down with the pier.
It's not as nice as the party house or even close to Pahonu, but the location is similar. :wink:
They are calling the pier...... Pa honu Pier at least that’s what they have on one of the pics.....also the pier has had some work done on it. I wonder how many hoops they had to jump through with the Dept. of Oceans and Fisheries etc. to get that done!

Type in Airbnb Pa Honu and it should come up.

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1652 Post by KENJI »

Fr. Paddy McGuinness wrote:I was just streaming HFO's "A Stranger in His Grave" from season 10 last week. It was amusing to watch Hillerman get a massage on the estate lawn. It was one of those things where I was thinking about all the success that was still ahead of him as a middle aged man...in that very spot. I wondered if he ever stood out there years later and looked back with nostalgia.
Hi Fr. Paddy,

I'm sure at the very least he smiled when he heard where the estate was located for the filming of MPI. :higgins:
It was a sign of things to come and boy did it ever!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1653 Post by Sam »

KENJI wrote:
Steve wrote:

Hi Sam & Steve,
While we are on the topic of this particular episode.....here is the house that is just a few doors down with the pier.
It's not as nice as the party house or even close to Pahonu, but the location is similar. :wink:
They are calling the pier...... Pa honu Pier at least that’s what they have on one of the pics.....also the pier has had some work done on it. I wonder how many hoops they had to jump through with the Dept. of Oceans and Fisheries etc. to get that done!

Type in Airbnb Pa Honu and it should come up.
Is this the house?

YES! Hawaii 5-0 filmed at our property for Season 6: Episode 1 & the infamous Magnum PI house are less than a 1/2 mile away!

https://www.vrbo.com/340734

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#1654 Post by KENJI »

That's the one Sam. :)
You can see the pier from upstairs in the Philip Christie episode (season 11 episode 4).
I'll have to check out the HFO season 6 episode 1 footage that the owner referenced.....

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0598067/

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1655 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

KENJI wrote:Here is a complete HFO library that contains Pahonu footage. If you’re not a fan of the show just go to the counter reference on the right to fast forward to Pahonu content. Let me know if I've missed one and I'll add it.
It’s great to see Pahonu footage that we don’t normally see in MPI. By the time MPI came on the seen, Eve no longer allowed any filming inside.
I’ve also included the cross over from Murder She Wrote. I’m sure a few of our members haven’t seen some of this collection before – ENJOY! :D
I vote that this library be placed on the Robin's Nest page where the HF0 episodes are mentioned! :D