The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Sam
Fleet Admiral

Re: The Robin Masters Estate (Pahonu)

#1681 Post by Sam »

Styles...No worries.. I said it was just a little joke and as far as JJ post... who knows what he meant by that could have to do with accessibility to the estate.

I deleted the original post.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#1682 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Sam wrote:Styles...No worries.. I said it was just a little joke and as far as JJ post... who knows what he meant by that could have to do with accessibility to the estate.

I deleted the original post.
I don't think it was necessary, but you're always a gentleman Sam.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#1683 Post by Kevster »

A not so subtle troll already snagged its first victim... LOL. It was easy given the bait (namely, Obama), but still... I mean, some bait (e.g. Obama, Trump, etc.) is just guaranteed to get a nibble. However, I agree with keeping things focused, so it's time for my blatant redirect to relevant things Magnum... Of course, by the time I'd typed my response, the post was deleted and several people had posted on the matter... LOL

I'm happy that the estate is getting the thorough update it sorely needed. It kind of needed updating 30 years ago, and I don't think it's gotten the care it really needed in the interim.

They didn't really start the work until the last 12 months or so, right? Based on my experience with real estate, including analyzing the market for high-end custom homes on Jupiter Island and Palm Beach, I don't think a complete remodel, with lots of custom work, would be done in much less than year (from permits to certification). Some homes, when applying that caliber of custom work, can take as much as two (or even more). Homes on Jupiter Island and Palm Beach have custom made cabinetry, carved interior accents, Level 5 finished wallboard (if not plaster, to keep with the age of the home), and scrollwork out the wazoo. Not to mention that many owners will design, and then redesign, and then redesign... Sometimes just create an entire space around featuring key furnishings... Mega-money seems to often come with mega-demands.

The design work with engineers and architects will often take AT LEAST a year too. Finding artisans and craftsman with the key skill sets can take equally as long once the design is confirmed.

Three years? If it is being done well and to THAT QUALITY LEVEL, the time is FAR FROM a surprise. If you analyze it from the process I described, you see it may be fully appropriate.

I hope that photos of the finished process get featured somewhere after the work is done!!! That would be AWESOME!

Kevin
Trust Me!!!

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#1684 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Geez, no one needed to delete anything. The person who complained just joined the boards a couple of weeks ago. JJ Walters is the founder of the site and Sam has been here since 2007! I read Sam's now deleted post this morning and it cracked me up. Supposedly, a friend of the ex-prez now owns the estate, it stands to reason that people are going to comment on that on a Magnum themed website! :roll:
I'm happy that the estate is getting the thorough update it sorely needed.
Has there been any evidence of renovations going on at the estate? The last time I saw pics, it looked worse than ever. It was downright depressing to see what condition it was in.

K Hale
Fleet Admiral

#1685 Post by K Hale »

I didn't ask anyone to delete anything, nor was it necessary. Just made an observation.
I didn't realize you were so addicted to pool.
It's not pool.
Billiards.
Snooker!
Snucker.
SNOOKER!

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#1686 Post by Kevster »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:Geez, no one needed to delete anything. The person who complained just joined the boards a couple of weeks ago. JJ Walters is the founder of the site and Sam has been here since 2007! I read Sam's now deleted post this morning and it cracked me up. Supposedly, a friend of the ex-prez now owns the estate, it stands to reason that people are going to comment on that on a Magnum themed website! :roll:
I'm happy that the estate is getting the thorough update it sorely needed.
Has there been any evidence of renovations going on at the estate? The last time I saw pics, it looked worse than ever. It was downright depressing to see what condition it was in.
I'd heard there was work going on with the main house, but "demo" (demolition) could be there extent of it... Hard to know the skinny on Oahu from here in coastal Florida!!!

BTW, some demo or noteworthy deterioration of the condition would explain the value decrease...

Anybody got a real update?
Trust Me!!!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#1687 Post by J.J. Walters »

Whoa! I didn't mean to offend anybody. I didn't mean for it to be political (but I can understand why some people took it the wrong way -- my bad). I would have said the same thing if George W. Bush was buying the place. I just think it would be a shame if the place had Secret Service agents crawling all over the place. They'd probably find some way to close down the tidal pool. That would just suck! Now, having said that I'm not an Obama supporter. I'm more aligned with Tom Selleck's political views, but's that's besides the point. Trust me, I hate getting into political debates, especially here. When people bring up politics in the office, I close my ears and walk away. :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1688 Post by Sam »

Hi JJ...The forum has always been politically free and I didn't take your post as being political.... it also has not been that tight that a little lighthearted attempt at humor... followed by two smileys raised much of an eyebrow but I deleted my post to shut down any future problems.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#1689 Post by Styles Bitchley »

So great to see James and Sam on the boards!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#1690 Post by ConchRepublican »

Yes, political persuasions aside, I would be concerned if anyone of a certain level of notoriety were to buy the Estate because of what it would mean. Not that there's access allowed as it is but whomever were to buy it, if they were of TMZ level interest we'd see some sort of silliness going on at a place we view with a certain level of respect.

In my fantasy world Selleck purchases the Estate as a momento to the history of the show and makes it available for tours and events.

In my perfect world an appreciator of the show who comes into money somehow buys the place out of love for the show and returns it to it's former glory.

In my hopeful world someone I have no idea who they are and has no idea about the show buys the Estate because they appreciate the style and location, updates it and we rarely hear of it again in the media.

In my realistic world, well, it's not going to be to my liking.
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1691 Post by Sam »

Years ago when the estate was for sale there was a batch of exterior non listing photos circulating via email amongst some members here... I think it's time to post them so those who didn't get to see them can do so.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#1692 Post by 308GUY »

Sam wrote:Years ago when the estate was for sale there was a batch of exterior non listing photos circulating via email amongst some members here... I think it's time to post them so those who didn't get to see them can do so.

Seconded! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1693 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

308GUY wrote:
Sam wrote:Years ago when the estate was for sale there was a batch of exterior non listing photos circulating via email amongst some members here... I think it's time to post them so those who didn't get to see them can do so.

Seconded! :magnum:
Oooooooeeeeeeooooooo!!! I haven't been on MM since last summer, and the day I hop back on to see what's going on I see your posts Sam & 308GUY. :shock: I have the pics and I'll be happy to post
them....I just have to find them, lol! I do still have them, but it's been a while since I looked at them. I distributed them to a few here so maybe someone else will post them first...

Oh, and hi again everyone! :D

Sam
Fleet Admiral

#1694 Post by Sam »

Welcome back RG...
I have them too but I promised under penalty of death that I wouldn't post them...Remember.

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#1695 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Sam wrote:Welcome back RG...
I have them too but I promised under penalty of death that I wouldn't post them...Remember.
So you're afraid of a girl, Sam? :wink: