Best episodes to watch on 4th of July

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

nha trang
Vice Admiral

Best episodes to watch on 4th of July

#1 Post by nha trang »

Wishing I was in Oahu, or at least San Diego for the 4th this year, but of course, I'm not. Any suggestions for good episodes to watch on 4th of July, "Home from the Sea" springs to mind of course - I seem to think there were other ones documenting the Mags 4th of July ritual. A little help? :lol:

burroughsmvp
Commander

#2 Post by burroughsmvp »

I think "Death and Taxes" is the only other one centered around the 4th.

N1095A
World Class Private Investigator

#3 Post by N1095A »

"Solo Flight" is another episode that takes place on the 4th of July.
"But Higgins, I can explain."

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#4 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Since you guys in the States have the day off, I recommend a marathon viewing of all your faves!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#5 Post by Steve »

Don't forget Home From The Sea

MaiTaiMan
Fleet Admiral

#6 Post by MaiTaiMan »

"Home From the Sea" is a sad, "dark", and depressing episode! :( Even though it takes place on the 4th of July, I've never cared for this episode and usually skip it. To me this is our country's happiest holiday besides Christmas...so an upbeat or "happy"/humorous episode is called for!

So, I would recommend a couple of the others mentioned..."Death and Taxes" or "Solo Flight" maybe??

Oddly enough most TV shows don't have episodes centering around the 4th of July! :o We have Christmas episodes, Halloween episodes, even some Thanksgiving and Valentines ones...but hardly any 4th of July! :?

I think Styles Bitchley had the best idea:
Styles Bitchley wrote:Since you guys in the States have the day off, I recommend a marathon viewing of all your faves!
"It was more ironic than a Robin Masters novel--she thought he was dead, he thought she was dead...and only the chauffeur knew the truth! He should have been the butler!" "Lest We Forget"

AmandaByNight
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by AmandaByNight »

For whatever reason, the episode Going Home popped into my head. I think it's the final scene where he goes to the Viet Nam memorial. It's so touching, even though I had no prior reference of his friend who died. It's one of my favorite episodes. It becomes surprisingly moving when you realize who the theif of the letter is.

IKnowWhatYoureThinking
Macho Taco & Coops Connoisseur

#8 Post by IKnowWhatYoureThinking »

I watched Home From the Sea yesterday. It's becoming my 4th of July ritual.

nha trang
Vice Admiral

Re: Best episodes to watch on 4th of July

#9 Post by nha trang »

Happy Fourth all you Mag-Maniacs!

Take care and God bless,

Nha Trang

80s Big Hair
Admiral

Re: Best episodes to watch on 4th of July

#10 Post by 80s Big Hair »

I would take a different approach to this and focus on the independence of America from Britain. Therefore episodes where Magnum really gets the better of Higgins should be looked at.

Edit: They both generally do a good job of annoying each other. Perhaps just Higgins vs. Magnum should be focused on. The episode where they are constantly pulling pranks on each other comes to mind. While I cannot recall which one it was, it was the one where Higgins beheads the rubber chicken and Magnum blows up the bridge over the river Kwai. Season 7 "Paper War"-- I looked it up.