The Jororo Islands

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: The Jororo Islands

#11 Post by J.J. Walters »

There's also the "Republic of Costa Nueva" (from the Simon & Simon/Magnum crossover), a country that loves bullfighting and has a cheesy playboy dictator. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

eagle
Fleet Admiral

#12 Post by eagle »

I'm just starting s04e11 ("Jororo Farewell"), and yes I googled the name. :D :magnum:

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#13 Post by Styles Bitchley »

J.J. Walters wrote:There's also the "Republic of Costa Nueva" (from the Simon & Simon/Magnum crossover), a country that loves bullfighting and has a cheesy playboy dictator. ;)
I remember the A Team would regularly visit made up Latin American countries with names like that and the aforementioned Costa de Rosa.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Danny Lin
Vice Admiral

#14 Post by Danny Lin »

I´m certainly shocked that no one on here seems to know where my home, the beautiful Kingdom Of The Jororo Islands, is situated!! Especially since, as I told previously, Magnum regularly visits me here... :o :o :o

*switches off Danny mode*:

obviously a Jororo can be found in Colombia: :lol:
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Jororo ... 2835?hl=de

another Jororo seems to exist in Adamawa State in the Nigerian "outback": :lol:
http://www.satellitecitymaps.com/africa ... ororo-map/
... Then I'm history... Walking history... I'll be just another chapter in one of those dumb books Louise Peardon makes me read: "Prince Danny Lin, assassinated July." ...

Wallville
Ensign

#15 Post by Wallville »

The #8th line item on my bucket list was to visit the Jororo Islands, buy some land with a peaceful view, then have myself open air cremated overlooking the strange and unfamiliar landscape from which I would never return to this cruel world. But....

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#16 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Wallville wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:26 pm The #8th line item on my bucket list was to visit the Jororo Islands, buy some land with a peaceful view, then have myself open air cremated overlooking the strange and unfamiliar landscape from which I would never return to this cruel world. But....
Since it's 8th on your list, you might want to leave out the cremation part, lest you never get to 1-7. ;-)
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan)
Fleet Admiral

#17 Post by ZelenskyTheValiant (Ivan) »

Wallville wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:26 pm The #8th line item on my bucket list was to visit the Jororo Islands, buy some land with a peaceful view, then have myself open air cremated overlooking the strange and unfamiliar landscape from which I would never return to this cruel world. But....
Jororo is beautiful this time of the year. Same as Costa Verde and Val Verde and San Verde and any other Verde that you may remember from movies or TV. :wink: