The Absolute Worst Episodes

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Turkey
Admiral

Re: The Absolute Worst Episodes

#81 Post by Turkey »

Bes wrote: the missile launching dolphins
Very keen to see this episode again as I'm very curious, it sounds utterly bizzare and I have no memory of it :lol:
Make it two weeks.

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

#82 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

Turkey wrote:
Very keen to see this episode again as I'm very curious, it sounds utterly bizzare and I have no memory of it :lol:
Lol it is a strange concept. I don't hate that episode, but Goldie is definitely annoying to me. That said, I'd be lying if I said I didn't know of people in my age group like her. Imagine if she existed in the internet age. :shock:

marlboro
Baron Of GIFs

#83 Post by marlboro »

To make matters worse, I'm pretty sure the dolphin thing was ripped off from a George C. Scott movie called "Day of the Dolphin." Of all the ideas to rip off - you choose the one about dolphin hit men? Really?

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#84 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

marlboro wrote:To make matters worse, I'm pretty sure the dolphin thing was ripped off from a George C. Scott movie called "Day of the Dolphin." Of all the ideas to rip off - you choose the one about dolphin hit men? Really?
Dolphins and Sea Lions have worked with Navy Seals for years. They are especially good at detecting enemy attempts to plant mines in the area of or on our naval vessels.
They can also penetrate enemy harbors and plant mines, at least according to Bodacious Bob down at my friend's VFW, for what thats worth, though Bob once spent his entire vacation one year at Area 51 looking for UFO's.
The Canadians have outstanding sea critter training too.
But I say our dolphins are better trained, heck the ones in Miami even play football.

Turkey
Admiral

#85 Post by Turkey »

thechickinthemiddle wrote:
Turkey wrote:
Lol it is a strange concept. I don't hate that episode, but Goldie is definitely annoying to me. That said, I'd be lying if I said I didn't know of people in my age group like her. Imagine if she existed in the internet age. :shock:
Yeah, Goldie can be a bit much :D

So now that I've seen it again - definitely played out less silly than I expected, but not one of my favs. (Higgins getting stuck into the dictator was cool though)
Make it two weeks.

☨magnum.t
Admiral

#86 Post by ☨magnum.t »

Wow awesome posts on this thread. I love seeing how one persons fave can be others worst. Especially liked the "tough" issues being brought up referring to PTSD. I don't remember where I heard it but the best explanation I've come across is that TM's coping mechanism was essentially his personality, the way he lived. His reverting back to adolescence not worrying about adult things like bills and responsibilities. As a veteran myself (Airborne Infantry OEF 9-10) I can attest that you have great days and not so great days but watching how Magnum TC Rick and even Higgins deal with their issues albeit sometimes kind of dramatically, just shows how grand this show is. Good stuff. I think ill just post my favorite and least favorite because every episode will bring me joy really. Fav- J Digger Doyle Not fav- LA1 & 2 just didn't feel like MAgnum not being in Hawaii
That reminds me of the time....

FigNewton
Ensign

#87 Post by FigNewton »

I grew up watching Magnum, but I never had the opportunity to see every episode until now; I've been watching each one and I'm up to season 6 (just finished Old Acquaintance). I can't recall having a least favorite episode in particular, but I felt like the majority of season 5 was a bit lackluster compared to the other seasons. I'm enjoying season 6 so far (love the revised opening credits), even with the killer dolphin :D The Kona Winds is next.

Stelth
Fleet Admiral

#88 Post by Stelth »

After watching every episode at least twice I've come to the conclusion that I don't like when Magnum leaves Hawaii. London, L.A., Tidewater,... none of those episodes are very good in my opinion. I still think the episode with Rick's double-naught midget buddy is the absolute worst episode but the one with the Murder She Wrote witch is a close second.

Work The Lock
Lieutenant

#89 Post by Work The Lock »

Paniolo. Seemed liked just an excuse to get Magnum on a horse.