The Files of Kenji, Staff Gardner - Robins Nest

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

Re: The Files of Kenji, Staff Gardner - Robins Nest

#161 Post by J.J. Walters »

Another great entry, Doc! :)
When Magnum arrived you could hear the yelling from the office, but all we could make out was "Tijuana Tokyo" and Carol Channing. Whatever that date turned out to be, it had to be a heck of a story!
LOL!
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#162 Post by 308GUY »

Doc Ibold wrote:Distant Relative:
Magnums mood seemed to improve significantly at this somber turn of events in the annals of world history.
Another excellent entry Doc! :D

I hope you are making hard copies of your work. When you get through the entire series, they can all be in one binder, in order, THAT'D be a keepsake! :magnum:

Nice work.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#163 Post by Doc Ibold »

Limited Engagement:

Just in case anyone ever asks me, I always make a point to tell them what an ordeal it can be in getting the estate ready for one of Robin Master's charity/society or spur of the moment events at Robin's Nest. Or, in this case, one of Magnum and Higgins'

While the estate is for the pleasure and entertainment of Robin and his guests, it takes my crew generally 4-5 days to prepare the grounds for just such an event - if we're lucky. One may think it's just fertilizing and planting and trimming and all other things that a groundskeeper must do. But, as part of my duties, I run interference for Higgins in coordinating with the vendors and my team and I are in charge of all the setting up and taking down of said events (unless it is contracted out to the vendor itself).

So, when Magnum got a job at a convenience store, the last thing I expected was the Great Hawaiian Bingo Bash to be held at the estate! But, as Higgins would say - To begin at the beginning.

Magnum had accepted a position with Day & Dark, Inc to help solve some mysterious thefts that had been occurring there. Which, at this point didn't affect me except for Rick and TC pestering me to go visit Magnum at his particular store to go and purchase some pickled eggs.

Which, on a side note... I think Magnum was expecting that he would be using his usual methods of staking out and not going undercover as a clerk. Definitely not once of his more glamorous cases. But back to pickled eggs..

I don't even like those things, but they were so persistent, I decided to go just to get them of my back. From the exasperated look I got from Magnum, this wasn't the first time a friend of his had stopped by and that he shared the same view that I did.

But, needless to say, the Great Hawaiian Bingo Bash started when Magnum brought Jeanie and Madge LaSalle by for a visit with Higgins.

Apparently a man in a hot rod had stolen the money from the Day and Dark (which Jeanie and Madge kept insisted that he didn't. It also turned out that Magnum had brought them to the estate to solicit Higgins' help in setting up a fundraiser to aid in purchasing their retirement home, which they were under notice for. It all seemed well and good, but in matters such as this good intentions for Magnum generally do nothing but agitate Higgins.

However, they did take the time to point out their appreciation of some of my more subtle work around the estate.... A trait that may spare Higgins' inevitable irritation that usually followed Magnum bringing a guest home, not to mention the fact that they insisted on calling Magnum "Tommy" to his chagrin (and Higgins delight).

Higgins seemed to have the distinct feeling that he had met the LaSalle sisters before even though they had assured him otherwise. Needless to say, Higgins tasked me with getting the estate in top presentation form in a day and a half for a bingo tournament Monday at 1pm.

Magnum and the LaSalle sisters soon left, and Magnum soon found himself out of a job after the Day and Dark was robbed while he was being punched in the face by a road worker. I sometimes wonder if he makes this stuff up.

Higgins was busy prepping for the party, and by busy, I mean him fussing over corn kernels. He and Rick soon went to the guest house arguing the entire way. Higgins soon left muttering about calling Ice Pick for the bingo gala. I was surprised that Higgins hadn't heard Rick mention him before, but I knew that Magnum had called in a favor to Rick, who in turn called in a favor to Ice Pick.

The gala came and lasted longer than anyone ever thought. Higgins decided to go on a marathon of remembrances, musings and "Greatest Hits" from his past. Most of Hawaiis high society got to experience what myself, Magnum, Rick, TC, the lads and Agatha get to experience daily. Well, Agatha doesn't really count as she seems to enjoy them.

TC ended up winning everything and graciously donated his winnings to the Fountainbleu Home. But, that wasn't the end of it all. I caught up with Magnum as he left for the Ferrari. It turned out that the LaSalle sisters were quick change artists who had been robbing the Day and Darks in order to help out their housemates.

Magnum eventually caught up with them after a major heist (which they helped to foil) but they gave him the slip with one more performance. Luckily, the mastermind was taken into custody. We never heard from Jeanie or Madge again, but a few months later, we learned that the Fountainbleu was purchased a company called the Archer Corporation... Which gave Magnum and Higgins the most curious grin when they heard it.

98golf
Ensign

#164 Post by 98golf »

I own a publishing company and wish we could bind all these together into a book when you are done. Unfortunately, I don't think we could ever get clearance. I would be willing to do the leg work, but it would be a long shot.

T.Q.
Fleet Admiral

#165 Post by T.Q. »

Only recently discovered these really.

They are so great.

Wish you had kept going. :wink:
Knocking my rubber chicken or my sloppy habits is within the rules, but you're attacking my character. I would like to think you don't mean that.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#166 Post by ConchRepublican »

T.Q. wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:51 pm Only recently discovered these really.

They are so great.

Wish you had kept going. :wink:
Doc did a great job with these, right?

Last we spoke he had moved into some exciting things in life that have taken up hks time but ..... I thought I saw he peeked into the forums again recently.

Hopefully our Admin Emeritus will rejoin us again in the future and share further his treasure trove from Kenji's files!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Little Voice in Your Head
Lieutenant Junior Grade

#167 Post by Little Voice in Your Head »

Reading through Kenji's files gives me yet another reason to lament that I wasn't here back when the forum was more active. I see it's been several months since "Doc Ibold" (aka: Kenji, Staff Gardner) has been signed on. Maybe someday ....

And I managed to catch something which apparently no one else caught early on (No Need to Know) - "Brigadier General Ffolkes" was actually addressed as Brigadier Ffolkes as they don't use the title of General for someone of that grade in the British Army. That's if I remember correctly. So while Kenji might have referred to him that way in his writing, Higgins would not have addressed him as such. For what it's worth.

I am thoroughly enjoying reliving the Magnum experience vicariously through Kenji's files.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#168 Post by ConchRepublican »

Little Voice in Your Head wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:24 am Reading through Kenji's files gives me yet another reason to lament that I wasn't here back when the forum was more active. I see it's been several months since "Doc Ibold" (aka: Kenji, Staff Gardner) has been signed on. Maybe someday ....

And I managed to catch something which apparently no one else caught early on (No Need to Know) - "Brigadier General Ffolkes" was actually addressed as Brigadier Ffolkes as they don't use the title of General for someone of that grade in the British Army. That's if I remember correctly. So while Kenji might have referred to him that way in his writing, Higgins would not have addressed him as such. For what it's worth.

I am thoroughly enjoying reliving the Magnum experience vicariously through Kenji's files.
We miss Doc's Kenji Files as well! I do know that he is doing well and happily has other priorities at this time. Hopefully he comes back to the fold one day to continue relaying to us life for the Kenji Perspective!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Kimbosan
Captain

#169 Post by Kimbosan »

Hi Kenji,

I seem to remember a script that picked up where the show finished...do you know who or where I could find it?

Cheers

Kimbosan
Kimbosan