The Files of Kenji, Staff Gardner - Robins Nest

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

The Files of Kenji, Staff Gardner - Robins Nest

#1 Post by Doc Ibold »

Prologue:

Today I just accepted a position at the estate of the famous novelist Robin Masters. I was hired by a Mr. Higgins who is the majordomo of the estate and runs things in Mr. Masters often frequent absences. Mr. Higgins seems like a rigid man, but fair. He and Mr. Masters have some definite plans for the flora around Robins Nest, including some very rare species that only bloom at night. Since I won't be living at the estate, Mr. Higgins has given me all the codes and keys to come and go as I please, as he informed me that some of my duties will have to be performed at night.

I'm very excited to get this job, as my last one was very strenuous due to all the odd occurrences at my former employers estate. Mr. Higgins has assured me that there is a very strict protocol surrounding Robins Nest and that interruptions are rare and that very little out of the ordinary happens. I was vey happy to hear that, as I do my best work when things work out according to plan.

I think I will enjoy working here and working with Mr. Higgins, and treat myself to a little peace and quiet along the way.

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: The Files of Kenji, Staff Gardner - Robins Nest

#2 Post by ConchRepublican »

8) :magnum:
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#3 Post by KENJI »

I'm liking it so far......!

Regards,

Kenji

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#4 Post by Doc Ibold »

Don't Eat The Snow in Hawaii:

After a couple of weeks of working at Robin's Nest, a man named Thomas Magnum has moved into the guest house, and it looks like he will be staying here for a long time. When I asked Mr Higgins about why he was here, he frowned and only said "Security". I didn't understand why Robin Masters needs any more security, as things are very quiet here. Plus, the dogs, Zeus and Apollo, or as Mr. Higgins calls them - The lads - are very scary. The gates are coded and there are spotlights and alarms everywhere.

One thing of note is that Mr. Higgins talks to them like they're his children. Even stranger, they seem to understand everything he says. Even his stories about his adventures in the war! Mr. Higgins likes me, so I think that they do as well. Two very nice stewardesses from Sweden seem to think the same thing.

I don't think Mr. Higgins or the dogs like Mr. Magnum very much, but he seems to be a nice man, even though I'm not exactly sure what he does here.

Update:

The strangest things have happened on the estate since Mr. Magnum has started living here. It all started one morning as I was pruning some shrubs near the beach. Mr. Magnum was swimming in the tidal pool, as usual. But this time he had a bag tied to his feet. And when he got out of the pool, he used a recorder to distract the dogs, then started picking the lock from the beach to the main house!

Once he did that, he ran to Mr. Masters' Ferrari and started picking THAT lock. He kept saying something about working the lock and looking at the dogs. I didn't catch it all. I wanted to call the police once he got into the car, but the alarm went off and Mr. Higgins was walking towards him, so I figured it was all a misunderstanding, but then the alarm stopped and he drove off!

Mr Higgins ran to shut the gate, but he was too late and one of the dogs got stuck! If they weren't fond of Mr. Magnum before, they won't like him after that. He stopped for a little bit and threw the hard top on the street and drove off. I picked that up when I got to the street. Someone could have stolen it!

Update #2

As if things weren't bizarre enough, Mr. Magnum's sister has come to stay with us as well. It's funny because she doesn't look like his sister or act like him. But Mr. Higgins said she was a guest, so I let it be. When Mr. Magnum arrived home, no one asked him about why he stole the Ferrari (or even seemed to care that he did) and he soon left in the middle of the night with his sister. I don't know where he went, but I was doing inventory on the shed and thought this was the least strange thing that happened the past few days.

Mr. Magnum disappeared again for a few days, which I've decided to accept as normal for him. But when he came back, he had been shot in the shoulder! I had noticed he had a scar there before, and it looks like he was shot there again. I hope he regains his range of motion. He had recovered for a few days, but then took some more stewardesses out on the town.

Mr. Higgins didn't seem to be pleased about this and last I saw of him before I left that day, he was waving some of Mr. Magnums shirts under the dogs noses and I think he was saying "Kill"!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#5 Post by Doc Ibold »

In case anyone is wondering, I'm trying to write these as a combination of Ronsencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead and Lee Trevino from Happy Gilmore.

Hopefully you all enjoy!

ConchRepublican

#6 Post by ConchRepublican »

I'm grinning from ear to ear ........
CoziTV Superfan spot

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#7 Post by 308GUY »

Following along daily so far. Yaknow......I wouldn't be surprised if L.M. would be interested in funding the publishing of a hardback! (or at least getting in on the royalties!) :magnum:

Seriously, you're doing a bangup job, very entertaining thus far.
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#8 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Loving this Doc.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#9 Post by Kevster »

Great idea, but we need this to be structured differenrly than a typical thread... All the Kenji posts need to be stickied together with the comments following... I don't know how is best to do it, but the continuity is going to more challenging if this thing goes for a while...

Just my $0.02...
Trust Me!!!

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#10 Post by KENJI »

You read my mind Doc....that's exactly what happened.....I still can't believe Mr. Magnum left the roof of the Ferrari on the street like that......a few times he has ruined for my freshly planted flowers when he plays football with Mr. Calvin and Mr. Wright which is annoying, but it's Mr. Higgins who really gets upset....I don't know why as I'm the one who planted them..........Jackie Chan would've played my role perfectly! :wink:

ConchRepublican

#11 Post by ConchRepublican »

Kevster wrote:Great idea, but we need this to be structured differenrly than a typical thread... All the Kenji posts need to be stickied together with the comments following... I don't know how is best to do it, but the continuity is going to more challenging if this thing goes for a while...

Just my $0.02...
Thinking the same thing. This will need it's own section in time with a separate topic for each update most likely.
CoziTV Superfan spot

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#12 Post by Doc Ibold »

I'll let James structure it however he'd like to, but for now.. This'll have to do. I definitely don't want to spam the boards with my whims

:D

KENJI
Fleet Admiral

#13 Post by KENJI »

Hi Doc,

How about changing the title to The Memoirs of Kenji, Staff G..........Kenji has heard enough of Mr. Higgins stories and has decided to write is own...just a thought.
Don't forget to tell everybody about Horace the goat....I almost handed in my resignation after that episode!

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#14 Post by Doc Ibold »

China Doll:

Good news and bad news for this entry. Bad News: Ricks Cafe Americain has closed up shop. I hope people remember it. I feel bad for Mr. Wright. Good news: Mr. Masters new vanity plates came in! Mr. Higgins asked if I would put them on the cars while he practices tai chi. For some reason, I think this may be a passing fad for him as I just can't see him continuing with this. While I put the plates on, I replaced the hardtop Mr. Magnum left in the road the other day.

Mr. Magnum arrived with a beautiful woman and a box, and the dogs attacked him for no reason! I think Mr. Magnum had to be happy I replaced the top, because the dogs couldn't get at him. Once that was settled, Mr. Higgins had a great laugh while Mr. Magnum didn't seem to think it was very funny.

They all went inside, and a short time later, Mr. Higgins emerged with a very red face. Mr. Magnum and the lady left in a hurry.

Mr. Calvin and Mr. Wright soon arrived with Mr. Magnum and a shattered vase. Mr Calvin looked like he had been put through the ringer and Mr. Wright was yelling about a Chinese man who almost killed him. Later that night, I found Mr. Magnum hiding in the bushes peering in at Mr. Higgins resetting the safe.

The next day, Mr. Magnum and the young woman arrived, and Mr. Magnum was walking with a cane and had bandages on his hand and knee! I think he must be bionic due to the damage he seems to take from being a Private Investigator, as he told me he preferred to be called. He soon left with the lady, but I think he has more injuries than he let on. I was delivering more glue to Mr. Higgins, and As he left the study he stopped, turned and smiled at nowhere in particular like he was sharing a joke with an invisible person. The joke was on him, I guess, because the dogs ran out. On another note, I think the hard top is missing again. I think I'll leave it off unless it rains.

I will say that the news was depressing today. A woman was drugged and left on the beach, there was a murder in a graveyard in Kauai and someone was seen fleeing with a box! Then two poor tourists from the mainland were on the news talking about how their trip has been ruined by a crazed helicopter pilot who was egged on by an insensitive man with a mustache. Then, when they went to get a pedicab, the driver told them to take a hike and get a taxi. While Robins Nest has its quirks, I at least don't have to deal with murderers or rude people.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#15 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Doc Ibold wrote:While I put the plates on, I replaced the hardtop Mr. Magnum left in the road the other day.
Beautiful!
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.