Six Degrees of Magnum P.I. (Game)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

Re: Six Degrees of Magnum P.I. (Game)

#311 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

For guest cast, Audie Murphy starred in World in My Corner with Barbara Rush, with Alan Hale Jr. in Destry, and with John Saxon, Joseph Wiseman, and Doug McClure in The Unforgiven. :)

For main cast, Audie was in The Wild and the Innocent with Sandra Dee, who was in Portrait in Black with Anthony Quinn, who was in Last Action Hero with Arnold Schwarzenegger, who starred in The Expendables with Dolph Lundgren, who was in Pentathlon with Roger E. Mosley. :D

Next, if not done already: June Havoc

Rembrandt's Girl
Fleet Admiral

#312 Post by Rembrandt's Girl »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: Has anyone else noticed that for the past week when you post a reply to a post, and check off the "Notify me when a reply is posted" option, it doesn't do that?
Hi Dobie,

I haven't experienced that, but for a couple months I wouldn't get an email notification when I received a PM, but it's working now. Sounds like a similar glitch.

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#313 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

thechickinthemiddle wrote:
Next, if not done already: June Havoc
June Havoc was in Return to Salem's Lot with Michael Moriarty. Moriarty was in Blood Link with Cameron Mitchell, who appeared on Magnum.

Next up: Jack Klugman, who was so memorable in his Twilight Zone appearances that they were acting clinics, yet he could also do comedy as in the Odd Couple. Now that's talent.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#314 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Jack Klugman was Quincy. Robert Ito played Sam Fujiyama on Quincy and Ito was in MPI's "Jororo Farewell."

Have we done Robert Mitchum?

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#315 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:Jack Klugman was Quincy. Robert Ito played Sam Fujiyama on Quincy and Ito was in MPI's "Jororo Farewell."

Have we done Robert Mitchum?
Robert Mitchum was in The Sundowners with Chips Rafferty, who appeared in Skippy the Bush Kangaroo with Tony Bonner who appeared in Quigley Down Under with Tom Selleck.

Next up, Dwayne Hickman

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

#316 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

Dwayne Hickman was in Cat Ballou with Lee Marvin, who starred in Point Blank with Keenan Wynn, who was in Nashville with Henry Gibson (Ronald Mills in "Mixed Doubles").

Next: Meg Foster

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#317 Post by ConchRepublican »

thechickinthemiddle wrote:Dwayne Hickman was in Cat Ballou with Lee Marvin, who starred in Point Blank with Keenan Wynn, who was in Nashville with Henry Gibson (Ronald Mills in "Mixed Doubles").

Next: Meg Foster
Meg Foster was in two Hawaii Five-O episodes, Double Exposure and The Child Stealers which also starred Kam Fong
Kam Fong appreared in Magnum PI as Kanki in The Love-for-Sale Boat and Kam Chung in The Last Page

How about . . . Rita Moreno
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#318 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

ConchRepublican wrote:[quote

How about . . . Rita Moreno
Rita Moreno was a very sexy stripper(topless) in the criminally overlooked private eye thriller "Marlowe" with James Garner, who in his Rockford series appeared with Tom Selleck (Lance White).

Next up: Richard Dawson(by the way, he asked out a contestant he had kissed on Family Feud and eventually married her).

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#319 Post by 308GUY »

Had to jump in here on this one....cause I didn't have to "look anything up"... :lol:

Richard Dawson was in Hogan's Hero's with Ivan Dixon, who directed a number of MPI episodes...unless it doesn't count because he was behind the camera?

Have we done W.C. Fields already? :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#320 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

308GUY wrote:Had to jump in here on this one....cause I didn't have to "look anything up"... :lol:
Richard Dawson was in Hogan's Hero's with Ivan Dixon, who directed a number of MPI episodes...unless it doesn't count because he was behind the camera?

Have we done W.C. Fields already? :magnum:
308Guy,
Not to be a wowser or anything but I don't think it counts. Could Judge Conch, creator of this thread, rule on this please?
I think behind the scenes talent, tech people, that's stretching it, because then you might as well throw in everybody at the studio.
By the way, Ivan Dixon(Kinch on Hogans Hero) was a very interesting guy, the talent he had as a actor and director far eclipsed all the other people in Hogan's Heroes.
I do like your WC Fields challenge. Fields was in The Bank Dick(if you haven't seen this classic comedy you have been cheating yourself) with Shemp Howard. Shemp appeared with his brother Moe in the 3 Stooges, after Shemp died Moe appeared with two other Stooges in Four For Texas with Frank Sinatra. Frank was in Magnum.

So, Conchmeister, what about Richard Dawson?

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#321 Post by 308GUY »

Ok, we'll go with the "negative" of the benefit of the doubt...it didn't count....BUT

Richard Dawson was in an episode of "Mama's Family" in 1983...which also had Carol Burnett, on occasion,(6 episodes..but then we could go with the ties to The Carol Burnett show... :) ), who we all know was Rembrandt's Girl! 8)

There are so many ways to go with this one, just went with the one that presented itself first.

Good job on WC!

How about Hayley Mills?
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

waverly2211
Captain

#322 Post by waverly2211 »

308GUY wrote:Ok, we'll go with the "negative" of the benefit of the doubt...it didn't count....BUT

Richard Dawson was in an episode of "Mama's Family" in 1983...which also had Carol Burnett, on occasion,(6 episodes..but then we could go with the ties to The Carol Burnett show... :) ), who we all know was Rembrandt's Girl! 8)

There are so many ways to go with this one, just went with the one that presented itself first.

Good job on WC!

How about Hayley Mills?
For Dawson, how about

Dawson in an episode of McCloud with Tina Sinatra

Tina was in the Fantasy Island pilot with Peter Lawford

Lawford in Oceans 11 with Frank Sinatra

Sinatra in MPI

waverly2211
Captain

#323 Post by waverly2211 »

308GUY wrote:Ok, we'll go with the "negative" of the benefit of the doubt...it didn't count....BUT

Good job on WC!

How about Hayley Mills?
Mills was in a episode of Murder She Wrote with Angela Lansbury.

Lansbury in MPI.

Has Harold Lloyd beed connected?

☨magnum.t
Admiral

#324 Post by ☨magnum.t »

Harold Lloyd was in "The Cats Paw" with Una Merkel, she was in "It's A Joke, Son!" with June Lockhart who played in MPI episode "Lest We Forget" Next how bout Tim Allen
That reminds me of the time....

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

#325 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

Tim Allen was in Galaxy Quest with Alan Rickman, who costarred with TS in Quigley Down Under. :)

Next, if not done already: Dean Jones