Six Degrees of Magnum P.I. (Game)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

Re: Six Degrees of Magnum P.I. (Game)

#291 Post by ConchRepublican »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
How about a link to Forrest "call me 'The Anaconda' "Tucker?

I'll take this one .....

Forrest Tucker was on a Murder She Wrote episode in 1984
Murder She Wrote crossed over with Magnum PI

That's a multi cannon BOOM!

https://youtu.be/-K4BvF_sb3Y

Next up: Dennis Dun
Hi Conch,
I was thinking of when Tucker appeared with John Hillerman in a "Ellery Queen" episode but your link works as well. Through "Ellery Queen" co-star Hillerman links to many many old Hollywood stars who had appeared on that series but had bought the farm by the time Murder She Wrote debuted years later.

Methinks your connection is the better one, it's direct Tucker working with an MPI alum. You sir, get the multi cannon BOOM! But that does beg the question, can one BOOM their own cannon? :?:

Then again, perhaps we should just let that query end right here . . . :|
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#292 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

ConchRepublican wrote:
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
ConchRepublican wrote:
How about a link to Forrest "call me 'The Anaconda' "Tucker?

I'll take this one .....
Forrest Tucker was on a Murder She Wrote episode in 1984
Murder She Wrote crossed over with Magnum PI
That's a multi cannon BOOM!
https://youtu.be/-K4BvF_sb3Y
Next up: Dennis Dun
Hi Conch,
I was thinking of when Tucker appeared with John Hillerman in a "Ellery Queen" episode but your link works as well. Through "Ellery Queen" co-star Hillerman links to many many old Hollywood stars who had appeared on that series but had bought the farm by the time Murder She Wrote debuted years later.
Methinks your connection is the better one, it's direct Tucker working with an MPI alum. You sir, get the multi cannon BOOM! But that does beg the question, can one BOOM their own cannon? :?:
Then again, perhaps we should just let that query end right here . . . :|
Hello Conch,
Dennis Dun was in Big Trouble in Little China with James Hong who was in Blood Alley with John Wayne who was in El Dorado with Robert Mitchum who was in The Sundowners with John Meillon who was in Skippy with Tony Bonner who was in Quigley Down Under with Tom Selleck. Whew. There has to be a shorter route but darn if I know.
Thank you for the cannon salute, Conch.

Next up: How about Bonzo the chimp who co-starred with President Reagan in Bedtime for Bonzo?

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#293 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

The shorter route between Dennis Dun, MPI, and James Hong is James Hong was in the MPI episode "Forty."

Bonzo was played by Peggy the Chimp who was in Johnny Weissmuller's TV series Jungle Jim which also starred Dean Fredericks. Fredericks was on the Rawhide episode "The Greedy Town" with Mercedes McCambridge who was in MPI's "Don't Say Goodbye."

Have we done John Schneider?

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#294 Post by 308GUY »

MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:The shorter route between Dennis Dun, MPI, and James Hong is James Hong was in the MPI episode "Forty."

Bonzo was played by Peggy the Chimp who was in Johnny Weissmuller's TV series Jungle Jim which also starred Dean Fredericks. Fredericks was on the Rawhide episode "The Greedy Town" with Mercedes McCambridge who was in MPI's "Don't Say Goodbye."

HA! :lol: That is "just great"! Didn't know how anybody was gonna tie a chimp to MPI...but MLS seems to have had no problem!

Worthy of a BIG BOOM....wouldn't ya' say Conch?

Haven't looked for Schneider's connection, but I'm sure somebody'll have it before too long!

This place just keeps gettin' better all the time! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

ConchRepublican

#295 Post by ConchRepublican »

308GUY wrote:
MagnumsLeftShoulder wrote:The shorter route between Dennis Dun, MPI, and James Hong is James Hong was in the MPI episode "Forty."

HA! :lol: That is "just great"! Didn't know how anybody was gonna tie a chimp to MPI...but MLS seems to have had no problem!

Worthy of a BIG BOOM....wouldn't ya' say Conch?

Haven't looked for Schneider's connection, but I'm sure somebody'll have it before too long!

This place just keeps gettin' better all the time! :magnum:
Most impressive!!!

Honestly, considering the sleuthing skills of this crew, I wouldn't be surprised if a connection was found from Bonzo directly to the Lads!!! :lol:
Which, of course, would include, Flipper, Gentle Ben, Ben the rat and Clarence from Daktari! :wink:
CoziTV Superfan spot

ConchRepublican

#296 Post by ConchRepublican »

As for the man who has been both the father of Superman and a good ole boy never meaning no harm, the connection for John Schnieder is still surprisingly short . . .

John Schnieder starred in the little seen mid 90s attempt to revive the Love Boat/Fantasy Island genre called Heaven Help Us
One of the parade of guest stars on that show was none other than Erin Grey
Erin Grey is, as we all know, J. Digger Doyle

I don't believe BOOMs should be used so willy nilly as to be the result of what is basically a rotating ensemble show. So, on to the next . . .

Did we do Bruce Lee?
CoziTV Superfan spot

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

#297 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

Bruce Lee was in Marlowe with James Garner, who of course was Jim Rockford alongside Tom Selleck as Lance White. :)

Oo, how about Sam Neill? :D

☨magnum.t
Admiral

#298 Post by ☨magnum.t »

thechickinthemiddle wrote:Bruce Lee was in Marlowe with James Garner, who of course was Jim Rockford alongside Tom Selleck as Lance White. :)

Oo, how about Sam Neill? :D

Sam Neill was in Hunt for Red October with James Earl Jones, who was in Conan the Barbarian with Mako, who guest starred in the episode The arrow that is not aimed.

Lets go with Nick Offerman
That reminds me of the time....

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#299 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Offerman was in Parks and Rec with Pamela Reed (playing Leslie Knope's mom). Reed was in The Long Riders with James Whitmore Jr. (a.k.a. "Billy Joe Bob" and/or Nuzo in Did you see the sun rise?).

Next: Judd Nelson
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican

#300 Post by ConchRepublican »

Styles Bitchley wrote:Offerman was in Parks and Rec with Pamela Reed (playing Leslie Knope's mom). Reed was in The Long Riders with James Whitmore Jr. (a.k.a. "Billy Joe Bob" and/or Nuzo in Did you see the sun rise?).

Next: Judd Nelson
Judd Nelson guest starred on the TV series Las Vegas with Vanessa Marcil
Tom Selleck was a star of the final season of the show, not when Judd was on, but the cast still included Vanessa Marcil

I thought there would be a closer connection honestly . . . I guess it's still a BOOM.

Next up: Neil Patrick Harris
CoziTV Superfan spot

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#301 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Belinda Montgomery who played Doogie Howser's mom was in MPI's "The Legacy of Garwood Huddle."

Have we done Lauren Bacall?

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

#302 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

Betty Bacall was in both HealtH and My Fellow Americans with James Garner, who was of course Rockford, but I'll go a different route...

Betty was in Murder on the Orient Express with Michael York, who was in Something for Everyone (a.k.a. Black Flowers for the Bride) with J.B. herself, Angela Lansbury.

Next: Robert Wuhl

waverly2211
Captain

#303 Post by waverly2211 »

Robert Whul was in an episode of Blue Bloods in 2016, with Tom Selleck.

Next up Errol Flynn

ConchRepublican

#304 Post by ConchRepublican »

waverly2211 wrote:Robert Whul was in an episode of Blue Bloods in 2016, with Tom Selleck.

Next up Errol Flynn
Sorry waverly2211, 308Guy got an Errol Flynn connection back in June . . .
308GUY wrote:Errol Flynn was in "The Sea Hawk", (1940), with Gilbert Roland who was in "The Sacketts", (1979), with Tom Selleck!

Ain't IMDb great! :lol:
We'll toss that one back and give you another shot at it . . .
CoziTV Superfan spot

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#305 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

ConchRepublican wrote:
waverly2211 wrote:Robert Whul was in an episode of Blue Bloods in 2016, with Tom Selleck.
Next up Errol Flynn
Sorry waverly2211, 308Guy got an Errol Flynn connection back in June . . .
308GUY wrote:Errol Flynn was in "The Sea Hawk", (1940), with Gilbert Roland who was in "The Sacketts", (1979), with Tom Selleck!

Ain't IMDb great! :lol:
We'll toss that one back and give you another shot at it . . .
Hi Conch,
Time to try again. How about linking Abbott & Costello to Magnum?

Higgins: As you may have noticed, I've fired the groundskeeper. Until I can find a successor, I'd like you to assume some of the responsibilities.
Magnum: But Higgins, I don't know the first thing about gardening!
Higgins: I assure you, the kind of work I had in mind requires no intelligence what so ever.
Magnum: Like what?
Higgins: Like distributing 1500 lbs. of recycled vegetation that was delivered this morning.
Magnum: Recycled vegetation!? What do you mean 'recycled vegetation'? Recycled how?
Higgins: [smiles] Through a cow