Six Degrees of Magnum P.I. (Game)

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

Re: Six Degrees of Magnum P.I. (Game)

#341 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:There's been a lull in the Six Degrees of Magnum P.I. game.
May I suggest you guys try to link Magnum to ALF?
Dobie
That, my friend, is a tough one.
No, it's not - it's incredibly easy. Anne Schedeen, the mother on ALF was also on Magnum PI.

Even if she hadn't been on Magnum, she was on Three's Company many times and there are many Three's Company links to Magnum. Amy Yasbeck, John Ritter's second wife was on Magnum.

I always hated ALF, by the way. I thought it was an incredibly dumb show.

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#342 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:
Styles Bitchley wrote:
Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:There's been a lull in the Six Degrees of Magnum P.I. game.
Dobie
No, it's not - it's incredibly easy. Anne Schedeen, the mother on ALF was also on Magnum PI.

Even if she hadn't been on Magnum, she was on Three's Company many times and there are many Three's Company links to Magnum. Amy Yasbeck, John Ritter's second wife was on Magnum.

Good one! I probably didn't see enough of the show for me to say "hey, there's the mom from Alf." I was too old for Alf when it was popular so it didn't resonate with me either. But there are lots of dumb shows that I loved as a kid (Gilligan's Island, Love Boat, Three's Company), so I won't knock it!

Here's a challenge if anyone wants to take it: Marcel Marceau.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

MagnumsLeftShoulder
Fleet Admiral

#343 Post by MagnumsLeftShoulder »

Marcel Marceau was on The Red Skelton show a couple of times. Red Skelton was in the original Ocean's 11 with Frank Sinatra.

How about Kate Jackson?

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#344 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Styles Bitchley wrote:
Dobie
That, my friend, is a tough one. Even just a cursory google search doesn't reveal any obvious links, but I'm sure they're there. This would certainly be dead end if we weren't allowed the use of things like imdb and wikipedia!
Styles Bitchley,
On reflection, in all fairness I don't think anyone can answer this one by research. Monday my niece insisted on watching Alf, it was episode 9.
The father Willie is about to sky jump from a small plane when Clyde Kusatsu(not listed in the credits) says one line to him. Kutsatu of course memorably portrayed the Duke Wayne quoting cop Gordon Katsumoto in This Island Isn't Big Enough episode of Magnum.
By the way, does anyone know if that is Robins Nest on the "Sweet Terror" (1969) episode of Hawaii 5-0?
Styles Bitchley, is that really your name, or a Magnum reference I'm unaware of?

Next up for the Six Degrees game:
Jack E. Leonard, the great, legendary nightclub comic from the 50's and 60's

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#345 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote:
Styles Bitchley wrote:
Dobie

Hi Guys,
I just saw the above answer of "Anne Schedeen", which I wasn't aware of, rather than my answer of Clyde Kusatsu. Good catch. Anyway I would have answered Styles differently if I had read this first.
You guys don't like Alf? You have no idea what garbage I am forced to watch when I am babysitting, my nieces wrap me around their fingers. Though I have turned them into Magnum fans, they find the computers on it hilarious and ask about the 1980's like they should be written 1980 BC.

Styles Bitchley

#346 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote:
Styles Bitchley wrote:
Dobie
That, my friend, is a tough one. Even just a cursory google search doesn't reveal any obvious links, but I'm sure they're there. This would certainly be dead end if we weren't allowed the use of things like imdb and wikipedia!
Styles Bitchley,
On reflection, in all fairness I don't think anyone can answer this one by research. Monday my niece insisted on watching Alf, it was episode 9.
The father Willie is about to sky jump from a small plane when Clyde Kusatsu(not listed in the credits) says one line to him. Kutsatu of course memorably portrayed the Duke Wayne quoting cop Gordon Katsumoto in This Island Isn't Big Enough episode of Magnum.
By the way, does anyone know if that is Robins Nest on the "Sweet Terror" (1969) episode of Hawaii 5-0?
Styles Bitchley, is that really your name, or a Magnum reference I'm unaware of?

Next up for the Six Degrees game:
Jack E. Leonard, the great, legendary nightclub comic from the 50's and 60's
Nice jobs nailing Kutsatu without even the aid of modern technology! That’s gotta be worth bonus points.

Sadly, my parents weren’t surfers and I can’t say my handle is my real name. It’s my alter ego (no Magnum reference). I borrowed it from Rodney Dangerfield’s bass player back when I was a kid. Coolest name I ever heard!
Last edited by Styles Bitchley on Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

Mad Kudu Buck
Fleet Admiral

#347 Post by Mad Kudu Buck »

Luther's nephew Dobie wrote: You guys don't like Alf? You have no idea what garbage I am forced to watch when I am babysitting, my nieces wrap me around their fingers.
Oh yes, even though I hated Alf, I'd rather be forced to watch every single episode of it than watch any of this modern crap.
Styles Bitchley wrote:...without even the aid of modern technology! That’s gotta be worth bonus points.
Hey, I didn't use IMDB either. I just went from memory. Do I get bonus points too? :P (...and where may I redeem them for a Ferrari discount?)

Styles Bitchley

#348 Post by Styles Bitchley »

Mad Kudu Buck wrote: Hey, I didn't use IMDB either. I just went from memory. Do I get bonus points too? :P (...and where may I redeem them for a Ferrari discount?)
Impressive! Very well, bonus points for you too. Redeemable only at Honolulu Lulu's.

- J.Q.H.

thechickinthemiddle
Fleet Admiral

#349 Post by thechickinthemiddle »

Jack E. Leonard was in The Disorderly Orderly with Susan Oliver, who was Laurie Crane in "Let Me Hear the Music".

Next: Polly Holliday

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#350 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

thechickinthemiddle wrote:Jack E. Leonard was in The Disorderly Orderly with Susan Oliver, who was Laurie Crane in "Let Me Hear the Music".

Hi Chick,
Polly Holiday was in All the Presidents Men with Hal Holbrook, who was in They Only Kill Their Masters with James Garner who was in Rockford Files with Tom Selleck.

Next up: In honor of the Dodgers being in the World Series - Manager Leo Durocher, who appeared in a surprising amount of tv shows and movies.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#351 Post by 308GUY »

thechickinthemiddle wrote:Jack E. Leonard was in The Disorderly Orderly with Susan Oliver, who was Laurie Crane in "Let Me Hear the Music".

Hi Chick,
Polly Holiday was in All the Presidents Men with Hal Holbrook, who was in They Only Kill Their Masters with James Garner who was in Rockford Files with Tom Selleck.

Next up: In honor of the Dodgers being in the World Series - Manager Leo Durocher, who appeared in a surprising amount of tv shows and movies.
Don't really have time for a flowchart, but without doing any research....Beverly Hillbillies - H50 -Magnum. I'm sure there are other paths, but that's the first one that comes to mind. Gotta run! :magnum:
"C'mon TC...nothing can go wrong!"

Luther's nephew Dobie
Fleet Admiral

#352 Post by Luther's nephew Dobie »

308GUY wrote:

Hi Chick,

Don't really have time for a flowchart, but without doing any research....Beverly Hillbillies - H50 -Magnum. I'm sure there are other paths, but that's the first one that comes to mind. Gotta run! :magnum:
Hi 308Guy,
After consulting with Alex Trebek we feel your answer, while perhaps the right one, is too vague. You have to name the actors.

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#353 Post by 308GUY »

Yea, I knew that, I was just suggesting that was the "outline" of shows that constituted the 6 degrees. :wink:

Leo Durocher was in an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies with Buddy Ebsen, who was in an episode of Hawaii 50 (3,000 Crooked Miles to Honolulu) with Kam Fong Chun, (who played Chin Ho Kelly), who was in at least one episode of Magnum PI, (The Love-For-Sale Boat).

Have we done Davy Jones (of the Monkey's)?

Should be pretty simple!

But I'll put it out there anyway. :magnum:

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#354 Post by ConchRepublican »

308GUY wrote:Yea, I knew that, I was just suggesting that was the "outline" of shows that constituted the 6 degrees. :wink:

Leo Durocher was in an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies with Buddy Ebsen, who was in an episode of Hawaii 50 (3,000 Crooked Miles to Honolulu) with Kam Fong Chun, (who played Chin Ho Kelly), who was in at least one episode of Magnum PI, (The Love-For-Sale Boat).

Have we done Davy Jones (of the Monkey's)?

Should be pretty simple!

But I'll put it out there anyway. :magnum:
I got it!

Davy Jones guest starred on the Ben Casey episode If You Play Your Cards Right, You Too Can Be a Loser with John McLiam
John McLiam was a guest star on the Magnum, P.I. episode Limited Engagement

Not a BOOM, but not too bad. :wink:

Next up: Gina Lollobrigida
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

308GUY
Fleet Admiral

#355 Post by 308GUY »

Pretty good Conch!

That'll work, but I was going for the connection with Micky Dolenz when he starred in "Circus Boy" with Noah Berry Jr. as a regular...and as we all know....Noah played Floyd in "All Roads Lead to Floyd"! Berry has a very impressive body of work..he did it (acting) for a very long time! Never really "starred" in anything or was the main character or leading man, but he was in a lot of different things. Enjoyed him so much as "Rocky" Jim Rockford's dad in TRF.
So it'd be Noah Berry Jr. was in Circus Boy with Micky Dolenz who was in the Monkee's with Davy Jones.....er...something like that, but as stated, your connection works just fine! :lol:

Anyway....your turn! :magnum: