Ultimate Fan of Magnum, PI

For all non-episode specific topics about the show, including MPI-related "tie-ins"

Moderator: Styles Bitchley

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#41 Post by Steve »

Peter..You are a star!!!! I am sitting here getting ready for work watching the news on our Chicago NBC station and what do I see during a commercial brerak...That's right, your spot. It ran as exactly as on the COZI TV site and was even in high definition!!!! Great job, buddy. I ned to get back out to New York one of these days and we will celebrate with a couple of martinis at the Monkey Bar..........

ConchRepublican
COZITV Magnum, P.I. SuperFan / Chief Barkeep - Flemingo Key

#42 Post by ConchRepublican »

Woo-hoo!!! I heard they started showing the promo on Friday night - of course, I got a message from mom "I saw my son on TV!!" - on CoziTV.

My wife's co-worker freaked out on the way into work Friday morning. The PATH train from New Jersey into New York has monitors and she saw me on one.

It's pretty cool to be nationwide!!!!

Flemingo Key awaits the Maniacs when you guys are here!!!!!
CoziTV Superfan spot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

Steve
Fleet Admiral

#43 Post by Steve »

What is great is that they are running the spots on NBC channels, not only on the the COZI channel so those that don't get COZI will be able to see your spot as well. I caught the tail end of an Ultimate Lone Ranger fans spot last night and it was nowhere near as good as yours..........

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#44 Post by J.J. Walters »

I finally saw the spot on the tube! The other night I was watching McMillian & Wife with the dog next to me and a book in my lap, when suddenly I see Peter and the Tiki Bar! Man, that was great!

I like having Cozi TV on in the background when I'm reading. It's very soothing. It's nice to look up and see Lindsey Wagner or Cheryl Ladd looking in your direction. ;)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Styles Bitchley
Magnum Wristwatch Aficionado / Deputy SpamHammer

#45 Post by Styles Bitchley »

So, this is the coolest thread to appear in a loooong time. A huge congrats on shooting this clearly obvious promo Peter. Unfortunately, I can't get the file to play on the Cozi website. I'm afraid it may be blocked outside the US (I don't get any message though, it just does nothing). Couldn't find it on youtube either. Nonetheless, I'm happy just knowing it (and the Flemingo Key oasis) exists.

As some of you may have noticed I've been AWOL for a while, so bumping any great threads like this would be much appreciated.
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican

#46 Post by ConchRepublican »

Thanks Styles!!!

Try this link -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTmsykLQ04

And this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SLIBRTf ... e=youtu.be

Steve - Thank you! I thought mine came out pretty good, but I'm biased. :D
It was mostly the editing that made everything come out good.

I really hope they come back to Flemingo Key in the summer when it's in full bloom.
CoziTV Superfan spot

Styles Bitchley

#47 Post by Styles Bitchley »

That did the trick. Very, very cool. I feel like I know you much better after that!

:magnum:
"How fiendishly deceptive of you Magnum. I could have sworn I was hearing the emasculation of a large rodent."

- J.Q.H.

ConchRepublican

#48 Post by ConchRepublican »

Styles Bitchley wrote:That did the trick. Very, very cool. I feel like I know you much better after that!

:magnum:
Thanks Styles! I'm very critical now . . . I have a habit of speaking fast, especially when I'm nervous (New York, whaddaya expect?) so I purposefully tried to slow down my talking and speak clearly which led to a lot of pauses. People who don't know me probably can't tell, but it bugs me.
CoziTV Superfan spot

Styles Bitchley

#49 Post by Styles Bitchley »

ConchRepublican wrote:Thanks Styles! I'm very critical now . . . I have a habit of speaking fast, especially when I'm nervous (New York, whaddaya expect?) so I purposefully tried to slow down my talking and speak clearly which led to a lot of pauses. People who don't know me probably can't tell, but it bugs me.
Seems very natural to me. Don't be so hard on yourself!

- J.Q.H.

Doc Ibold
Maniac Emeritus

#50 Post by Doc Ibold »

You're representing, man! Don't worry about it! You truly ARE livin the dream

ConchRepublican

#51 Post by ConchRepublican »

Thanks guys!

Flemingo Key should be almost fully reopened this weekend. Spent last weekend reworking the roof so if all goes well this weekend is touchup time. I need to refinish the deck and put down new grass carpet, but our first shindig is Memorial Day Saturday so there still time.

Updated photos when things are more summer ready.
CoziTV Superfan spot

Kevster
Fleet Admiral

#52 Post by Kevster »

Good luck with finishing it this weekend... Supposed to be a bunch of slop today and tomorrow. Sunday should be nice though!!!
Trust Me!!!

J.J. Walters
Founding Father

#53 Post by J.J. Walters »

I saw the short version of the spot last night on Cozi (again during McMillian & Wife). It brought a smile to my face. :)
Higgins: It's not a scratch! It's a bloody gouge!

Frodoleader
Fleet Admiral

#54 Post by Frodoleader »

Well done!
What would be really cool if a scene from Blue Bloods was shot in your tiki bar. That would be a helluva crossover!!!
"You are three months at Dak Wei and still you crack jokes?" - Ivan

MagnumILWU
Fleet Admiral

#55 Post by MagnumILWU »

Looks great! Sad to say we don't get CoziTV here in Portland Oregon. I have Directv, and it's not on antenna TV here either. And I'm one of those who will watch reruns over and over, but usually won't dig out the tapes or DVD's! I would have thought you would have named your bar, King Kamehameha Club East! When are you going to build a Tidal Pool next to it?
"pickled egg please"